It will be too hot for any layering.. about 80F. I live in SoCal
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1202
Styleforum Top Pickspost #18017 of 2833310/16/12 at 10:22pmQuote:
Fair enough. Don't wear the tie though. That look (shirt + tie) is hated on here. Trust me it doesn't look good. So yeah just don't wear the tie and in that case you'd want to wear a different shirt. Also wear some nice socks to add some color.post #18018 of 2833310/16/12 at 10:44pmpost #18019 of 2833310/17/12 at 6:26ampost #18020 of 2833310/17/12 at 6:26ampost #18021 of 2833310/17/12 at 6:37ampost #18022 of 2833310/17/12 at 7:02ampost #18023 of 2833310/17/12 at 7:07am
Been on a search for a grey/charcoal winter coat and am having no luck. I want it to be wool, above the knees and fairly simple. I like both of the coats below a lot but neither have slant pockets for your hands (am I the only person in the world who wants to keep their hands warm while wearing a coat?). Anyone have similar suggestions? Preferably under $700.post #18024 of 2833310/17/12 at 7:14ampost #18025 of 2833310/17/12 at 7:26ampost #18026 of 2833310/17/12 at 9:49ampost #18027 of 2833310/17/12 at 10:02am
What would you pair this bowtie with?
I don't wear many white shirts. And I'm not sure a blue/white college striped OCBD would work. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it, though the textures are interesting . ..post #18028 of 2833310/17/12 at 11:16amQuote:Originally Posted by Velazkez
What would you pair this bowtie with?
I don't wear many white shirts. And I'm not sure a blue/white college striped OCBD would work. Not sure if I should pull the trigger on it, though the textures are interesting . ..
Yeah, that would work with a blue/white univeristy stripe. Besides white, a tan shirt could work as well. Maybe light blue, though while I tend to steer away from light blue against light blue, the brown might be enough resolve that. You could also look at checks- gingham would be a fun pairing (I have a green one that would work nicely), or a tattersall.Quote:Originally Posted by msulinski
If you can return the Joseph A. Bank stuff, then that isn't a bad idea, as they are not really known for their quality on this board. However, $950 is not too bad for the stuff you got. Any recommendations for something similar from approved brands is going to cost you twice as much.
The quality is actually good for the price, as long as you understand that their base price is what they sell it for during their omnipresent 2/3rds off sale. That's normal retail. If you buy it at the posted retail, it's a very bad deal. Don't do that.
The thing they really (and rightly) get shit for is the fit. The stuff they offer is very generously cut, and fits like a sack on most people. If you go to a store and try stuff on- you may be able to make one of their fits work for you (though don't be shocked if you have to go down a size). And they're probably the best option around for low priced classic formalwear.post #18029 of 2833310/17/12 at 7:24pmQuote:Originally Posted by scrolls
Been on a search for a grey/charcoal winter coat and am having no luck. I want it to be wool, above the knees and fairly simple. I like both of the coats below a lot but neither have slant pockets for your hands (am I the only person in the world who wants to keep their hands warm while wearing a coat?). Anyone have similar suggestions? Preferably under $700.
Banana republic makes some good ones, and saks red or black label (can be found in store and for a steep discount at the outlets as well) are also good value for the money at under that price. the saks black label has a 100% cashmere one for about $800post #18030 of 2833310/18/12 at 4:17am
Are these chinos (in vintage cabernet color) yay or ney. Of course they won't be classic regular wear, but more weekend wear. Very casual and comfortable fit. What would they go with:
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL Game of Thrones Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The State of Black Tie: Your Observations 3 minutes ago
- › Pure Blue Japan - Official Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 3 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 5 minutes ago
- › The Architecture Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Boot Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › MC General Chat 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)