Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1199
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17972 of 2498310/14/12 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
That place scares me. In their WAYWRN thread (or the equivalent), there was a guy wearing a gas mask (not photoshopped). Why would you wear a gas mask? Do you live under threat of chemical warfare?
It is a strange, strange place.post #17973 of 2498310/14/12 at 6:27amQuote:
The funny thing is they think they are totally normal folks there and believe the gentlemen in Men's Clothing don't know much about dressing properly. When I first joined styleforum I would stay there for some reason and only recently started coming here when I realized I didn't like much of what I bought based on recommendations there. Finally starting to build a better wardrobe now.
The greatest difference between the two sections though is that most people here are actually gentlemen whereas in SW&D you get people like jet who probably weigh 120 lbs and act like big shots.post #17974 of 2498310/14/12 at 6:58ampost #17975 of 2498310/14/12 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by meemo
Just wonder what people's thoughts are on this pair of faragamo shoes. The picture doesn't represent the colours too accurately but better than nothing.
Single buckle monk straps don't seem to get much love around here, often described as being like "Pilgrim shoes." If you like them use your own judgement, it is your style after all.post #17976 of 2498310/14/12 at 8:03amNeed some help with Allen Edmonds sizing. I wear the Mora and Clifton in 11.5D. I want to fit the Neumok, so before ordering I went to a local store that only had the Park Ave (PA) and tried it on since it is built on the 5 last. I found the PA 11.5D to be loose in the right heel and the 11D was too narrow. Searching the forum I found posts that suggested going down 0.5 size and up 1 in the width, so I ordered the Neumok in 11E and 11.5D for good measure.
The Neumok 11E was far too loose in both the heels. The 11.5D seemed to fit much better than compared with the PA, but the right heel slips a little. The 11.5D seemed to have roughly a whole inch of extra room in the toe, but didn't feel like clown shoes.
Any suggestions on what size I should return them for? Given the extra room I was thinking an 11D might be the right size, but wondering if it will throw the fit off on my left foot. I need to get these returned ASAP so I appreciate any helpful suggestion..post #17977 of 2498310/14/12 at 12:51pm
Ok, looking at V-neck sweaters again, cashmere this time. I've been mostly looking at Polo Ralph Lauren sweaters since I got a good deal on a cashmere one and the fit is about perfect. However, I noticed that Brooks Brothers' cashmere is from Scotland so I'm wondering if I should consider that. The only thing is that I have a Merino Wool BB V-neck and it's a little too big in the body for my tastes, and at times seems like it's a little too short in length.
If there's anyone reading this who has a Medium Cashmere BB V-neck, could you measure the pit to pit and length of it please?
And in general, which would be the better choice quality-wise, BB or PRL since pricing is essentially the same? Thanks again guys.post #17978 of 2498310/14/12 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Vivaldi09
I'm currently a college student and I'm getting tired of always wearing gym shoes/tennis shoes. I'd really like to get some casual leather shoes (they don't necessarily have to be leather). I live in Florida so I always wear khaki shorts/cargo shorts and a polo. What shoes do you think I should get? By the way, I do not like penny loafers/moccasins so those are out. Thank you, I appreciate your respones.
Would someone be willing to answer this question?post #17979 of 2498310/14/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Can't help you with measurements, but you can't go wrong with either brand. They both put out good quality stuff that's entirely reasonable for the pricepoint they put it at.post #17980 of 2498310/14/12 at 2:21pmpost #17981 of 2498310/14/12 at 3:35pmQuote:
I far prefer them. The apron on double monks looks incredibly awkward to my eye, single monks look much nicer. That configuration, with the plain toe, is one of my favorite designs. Hell, I'm wearing an incredibly similar pair of vintage AEs right now. In the same color as those. Great shoe, I love them with both jeans and suits.post #17982 of 2498310/14/12 at 5:09pmpost #17983 of 2498310/14/12 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDapperMan
can anyone recommend a good vest?
Both a down vest and a dale vest.
two i like are from onassis clothing but would prefer not to spend less than 200
Uniqlo makes a great thin one for sub $50post #17984 of 2498310/14/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by dena
I'm looking to buy a pair of black lace ups, but am not sure where to start, preferably black with a leather sole and nothing too complicated in terms of design, something like this would be perfect:
thing is, I'm on a bit of a budget, looking for something in the range of 150-200. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Meermin - see the threadpost #17985 of 2498310/14/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
I have literally never seen monk straps described that way on SF. SF seems to love monk straps, single or double, far more than the general public does.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › Australian Members 7 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 23 seconds ago
- › Old Brooks Brothers 41 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 1 minute ago
- › San Francisco SF Meetup - Thursday Dec 5th, Hosted by John Allan's... 1 minute ago
- › NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread 2 minutes ago
- › ***The Official eBay / B&S / eShop Someone-Should-Kop Thread*** 2 minutes ago
- › How would you like a girl to dress? 3 minutes ago
- › Business Casual Dress Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw