Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1199post #17971 of 2941610/14/12 at 3:32am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17972 of 2941610/14/12 at 5:43amQuote:Originally Posted by Gerry Nelson
That place scares me. In their WAYWRN thread (or the equivalent), there was a guy wearing a gas mask (not photoshopped). Why would you wear a gas mask? Do you live under threat of chemical warfare?
It is a strange, strange place.post #17973 of 2941610/14/12 at 6:27amQuote:
The funny thing is they think they are totally normal folks there and believe the gentlemen in Men's Clothing don't know much about dressing properly. When I first joined styleforum I would stay there for some reason and only recently started coming here when I realized I didn't like much of what I bought based on recommendations there. Finally starting to build a better wardrobe now.
The greatest difference between the two sections though is that most people here are actually gentlemen whereas in SW&D you get people like jet who probably weigh 120 lbs and act like big shots.post #17974 of 2941610/14/12 at 6:58ampost #17975 of 2941610/14/12 at 7:49amQuote:Originally Posted by meemo
Just wonder what people's thoughts are on this pair of faragamo shoes. The picture doesn't represent the colours too accurately but better than nothing.
Single buckle monk straps don't seem to get much love around here, often described as being like "Pilgrim shoes." If you like them use your own judgement, it is your style after all.post #17976 of 2941610/14/12 at 8:03amNeed some help with Allen Edmonds sizing. I wear the Mora and Clifton in 11.5D. I want to fit the Neumok, so before ordering I went to a local store that only had the Park Ave (PA) and tried it on since it is built on the 5 last. I found the PA 11.5D to be loose in the right heel and the 11D was too narrow. Searching the forum I found posts that suggested going down 0.5 size and up 1 in the width, so I ordered the Neumok in 11E and 11.5D for good measure.
The Neumok 11E was far too loose in both the heels. The 11.5D seemed to fit much better than compared with the PA, but the right heel slips a little. The 11.5D seemed to have roughly a whole inch of extra room in the toe, but didn't feel like clown shoes.
Any suggestions on what size I should return them for? Given the extra room I was thinking an 11D might be the right size, but wondering if it will throw the fit off on my left foot. I need to get these returned ASAP so I appreciate any helpful suggestion..post #17977 of 2941610/14/12 at 12:51pm
Ok, looking at V-neck sweaters again, cashmere this time. I've been mostly looking at Polo Ralph Lauren sweaters since I got a good deal on a cashmere one and the fit is about perfect. However, I noticed that Brooks Brothers' cashmere is from Scotland so I'm wondering if I should consider that. The only thing is that I have a Merino Wool BB V-neck and it's a little too big in the body for my tastes, and at times seems like it's a little too short in length.
If there's anyone reading this who has a Medium Cashmere BB V-neck, could you measure the pit to pit and length of it please?
And in general, which would be the better choice quality-wise, BB or PRL since pricing is essentially the same? Thanks again guys.post #17978 of 2941610/14/12 at 1:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Vivaldi09
I'm currently a college student and I'm getting tired of always wearing gym shoes/tennis shoes. I'd really like to get some casual leather shoes (they don't necessarily have to be leather). I live in Florida so I always wear khaki shorts/cargo shorts and a polo. What shoes do you think I should get? By the way, I do not like penny loafers/moccasins so those are out. Thank you, I appreciate your respones.
Would someone be willing to answer this question?post #17979 of 2941610/14/12 at 2:09pmQuote:
Can't help you with measurements, but you can't go wrong with either brand. They both put out good quality stuff that's entirely reasonable for the pricepoint they put it at.post #17980 of 2941610/14/12 at 2:21pmpost #17981 of 2941610/14/12 at 3:35pmQuote:
I far prefer them. The apron on double monks looks incredibly awkward to my eye, single monks look much nicer. That configuration, with the plain toe, is one of my favorite designs. Hell, I'm wearing an incredibly similar pair of vintage AEs right now. In the same color as those. Great shoe, I love them with both jeans and suits.post #17982 of 2941610/14/12 at 5:09pmpost #17983 of 2941610/14/12 at 5:54pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDapperMan
can anyone recommend a good vest?
Both a down vest and a dale vest.
two i like are from onassis clothing but would prefer not to spend less than 200
Uniqlo makes a great thin one for sub $50post #17984 of 2941610/14/12 at 6:38pmQuote:Originally Posted by dena
I'm looking to buy a pair of black lace ups, but am not sure where to start, preferably black with a leather sole and nothing too complicated in terms of design, something like this would be perfect:
thing is, I'm on a bit of a budget, looking for something in the range of 150-200. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
Meermin - see the threadpost #17985 of 2941610/14/12 at 7:05pmQuote:
I have literally never seen monk straps described that way on SF. SF seems to love monk straps, single or double, far more than the general public does.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › GentlemensFootwear.com (Carmina, Drakes, Cappelli, Finamore) -... 9 seconds ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Recent purchases - Part II 5 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 5 minutes ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 20 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 30 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 31 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...