Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 10:38 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1188
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17807 of 2935810/4/12 at 9:10pmpost #17808 of 2935810/4/12 at 9:15pmpost #17809 of 2935810/4/12 at 9:55pmThanks. I'm also having a little dilemma here you may be able to offer some advice on. I ordered a charcoal gray Benjamin suit from ehaberdasher. Very nice suit and I love the color, unfortunately it's too small on me. The only Benjamin they have in my size is the medium gray, but it seems from what I've read charcoal or navy's the way to go. I'm not wearing it for work if that matters, just want a suit to wear to nice places. I'm also pretty pale and have heard medium gray is more of a summer color. The other option is going to Brooks Brothers and paying more money, but I could get the charcoal gray I like.
So I guess my main question is how do Brooks Brothers suits (1818) compare in quality to Benjamin? And any other advice you could offer with regards to the colors. I'm also on a short time frame so waiting for ehaberdasher to restock isn't really an option.post #17810 of 2935810/5/12 at 2:58ampost #17811 of 2935810/5/12 at 6:30ampost #17812 of 2935810/5/12 at 6:49ampost #17813 of 2935810/5/12 at 6:50ampost #17814 of 2935810/5/12 at 6:56ampost #17815 of 2935810/5/12 at 7:07ampost #17816 of 2935810/5/12 at 1:14pmpost #17817 of 2935810/6/12 at 6:39am
Is this a new or used pair of shoes that you bought? Looks like a lot of dark buildup on the right shoe, maybe some renomat or shampoo can help. But if they were bought new, and you like them, you can try darkening the left shoe with some cream and polish to match.post #17818 of 2935810/6/12 at 2:36pm
Hi StyleForum - I'm a newbie to both the forum and men's fashion, and have been trying to slowly improve my wardrobe. At the moment, I'm interested in getting some ankle boots - and I'm curious if I'm on the right track in terms of identifying quality products. I'm attracted to this pair of chukkas, and plan on exploring a bit to see if I can find a comparable pair for less expensive...thoughts?post #17819 of 2935810/6/12 at 2:59pmQuote:Originally Posted by NamlikeaG6
Just got my first pair of nice dress shoes, Park Avenue, in 10 D.
1. AE shoes trees sizing chart recommends Medium for 10 D and Large for 10.5 D. Which one to go with? My foot width is between D and E, but went with D in hoping that it will stretch after break in period. Would a Large shoe trees help stretch/fill better?
2. I want to keep my shoes maintenance down to as minimal as possible because I don't have any opportunities to wear them right now, at least not until next year, so the shoes is going to be in storage most of the time right now. Can I just do shoes cream without the polish? I don't care for the shine that much, just want the leather to be properly care for. Also, people say that polish protects the shoes from weather better but also dry out the leather so can I just not use it? Plus, I'm still a newbie so I don't want to have to deal with wax build up/cleaning it out once in a while. I am still in college so funds is limited. Would a horse hair brush and can of AE shoes cream be sufficient?
I DID and RAPED the search engine so please, just give me the answers to my questions, lol THANKS!!
Hey I just bought the Park Avenues in 10 D as well and bought shoe trees from AE directly. They chose a medium shoe tree and it fits perfectly. Go with medium.post #17820 of 2935810/6/12 at 3:00pmSo I bought 3 trousers, all the same fit but in different colors and fabric. These were close to $200 each, so I don't want them ruined by taking them to a place that doesn't know what they're doing but I also don't want to go to a place which will cost an arm and a leg. Kind of looking for that middle ground where there is value.
Anyways, I have to let the waist out probably an inch, have them hemmed as they are all with an unfinished hem, and perhaps cuff them. What is the price I should be looking at per pant to have these 3 things done? I'm assuming cuffing them costs too, correct? I've been to this one place before which charged $20 to hem a pant I had. Will seem like an awful lot if I take it to the same place and have all 3 hemmed plus all the other stuff.
Lastly, is there a general rule with cuffs as to how many inches they should be? I am 6'0 and 155 lbs if that matters. I want them to look neat, not too big or small, if that makes sense.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 1 minute ago
- › Why i will never buy from Oki Ni again. 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 4 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 6 minutes ago
- › A Sam (and David) Hober Tie Appreciation Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Suit Fit Trouble 10 minutes ago
- › Inis Meain knitwear 12 minutes ago
- › Two horrible experiences with Mr. Porter 12 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...