anyone know when the fall/winter RL sale is?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 12:44 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1185
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17762 of 2851210/3/12 at 10:08ampost #17763 of 2851210/3/12 at 10:26am
Ok, I need some sweater recommendations. I own 3 cardigan sweaters (all Brooks Brothers) and 1 v neck sweater (JCrew)*. Living in Denver and with fall/winter coming up, I'll be wearing sweaters a lot and wanted to find some cheap but quality options from $0 - $100. I will likely buy 3 or 4. I'd love to buy a nicer sweater like Lyle and Scott or Pringles of Scotland, but I'm going to need a few and will need to wear these almost every day during fall + winter, which is why I'm hesitant to buy just one sweater and wear that over and over again.
*I do have 2 or 3 beater sweaters from Old Navy from last year, and I'll probably throw those on here or there, but their clothes kinda suck.
Edited by amathew - 10/3/12 at 10:52ampost #17764 of 2851210/3/12 at 11:19amI've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?post #17765 of 2851210/3/12 at 11:39amQuote:Save up for a while longer, and get the shoes you really want. In the long run, you'll be happier doing that than you will be accepting a substitute.
(I would add that I'm not familiar with either of the pairs of shoes in question. My advice is based on general principle, and not on the specifics of the situation.)post #17766 of 2851210/3/12 at 12:45pmpost #17767 of 2851210/3/12 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).
Don't get them dry cleaned! The dry cleaning is bad for the cotton, and is completely unnecessary! just have them laundered and pressed, it's just as good and it will save the fibers of the shirt!post #17768 of 2851210/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by powenb
I've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detailpost #17769 of 2851210/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:
I think that's what I was saying with the 'partially' lined ones.post #17770 of 2851210/3/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by JBMarce21
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detail
Thanks for those.
The Carmina ones are nice but would like them to be more burnished.
I already have some nice Burgundy ones so wanted something a little different.post #17771 of 2851210/3/12 at 2:11pmpost #17772 of 2851210/3/12 at 2:46pmpost #17773 of 2851210/3/12 at 3:48pmpost #17774 of 2851210/3/12 at 4:42pmpost #17775 of 2851210/3/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
The two types you don't want are the SF favorites, but you can look into point collars or cut away collars...
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Uniqlo Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 10 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 24 minutes ago
- › FRIDAY CHALLENGE 22nd AUGUST: THE 'NO BLUES' CHALLENGE 31 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN: MC Casual Style 31 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 33 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)