anyone know when the fall/winter RL sale is?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 2/18/12 at 1:23pm in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 2/4/12 at 12:04pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Edited on 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Edited on 5/31/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Edited on 5/31/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blue Owl
- Crane's Country Store
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Four Horsemen Shop
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Mes Chausettes Rouges
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Tanner Goods/Woodlands Supply
- Tate + Yoko
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Tiberias Clothing
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1185post #17762 of 2230010/3/12 at 10:08ampost #17763 of 2230010/3/12 at 10:26am
Ok, I need some sweater recommendations. I own 3 cardigan sweaters (all Brooks Brothers) and 1 v neck sweater (JCrew)*. Living in Denver and with fall/winter coming up, I'll be wearing sweaters a lot and wanted to find some cheap but quality options from $0 - $100. I will likely buy 3 or 4. I'd love to buy a nicer sweater like Lyle and Scott or Pringles of Scotland, but I'm going to need a few and will need to wear these almost every day during fall + winter, which is why I'm hesitant to buy just one sweater and wear that over and over again.
*I do have 2 or 3 beater sweaters from Old Navy from last year, and I'll probably throw those on here or there, but their clothes kinda suck.
Edited by amathew - 10/3/12 at 10:52ampost #17764 of 2230010/3/12 at 11:19amI've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?post #17765 of 2230010/3/12 at 11:39amQuote:Save up for a while longer, and get the shoes you really want. In the long run, you'll be happier doing that than you will be accepting a substitute.
(I would add that I'm not familiar with either of the pairs of shoes in question. My advice is based on general principle, and not on the specifics of the situation.)post #17766 of 2230010/3/12 at 12:45pmpost #17767 of 2230010/3/12 at 1:27pmQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).
Don't get them dry cleaned! The dry cleaning is bad for the cotton, and is completely unnecessary! just have them laundered and pressed, it's just as good and it will save the fibers of the shirt!post #17768 of 2230010/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by powenb
I've been looking for another pair of double monk straps in a lighter colour than my Burgundy ones.
The top pair in the below picture are from Scarpe Di Bianco and are what I crave but they are a bit too much at the moment, and I wondered if you think the bottom pair are an equal substitute?
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detailpost #17769 of 2230010/3/12 at 1:30pmQuote:
I think that's what I was saying with the 'partially' lined ones.post #17770 of 2230010/3/12 at 1:45pmQuote:Originally Posted by JBMarce21
check out the meermin ones, http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050 or the carmina's http://www.carmina.telemaco.es/articulo.asp?idarticulo=3640219 or http://www.epauletshop.com/servlet/the-1414/Salinger-Double-Monk-Brown/Detail
Thanks for those.
The Carmina ones are nice but would like them to be more burnished.
I already have some nice Burgundy ones so wanted something a little different.post #17771 of 2230010/3/12 at 2:11pmpost #17772 of 2230010/3/12 at 2:46pmpost #17773 of 2230010/3/12 at 3:48pmpost #17774 of 2230010/3/12 at 4:42pmpost #17775 of 2230010/3/12 at 5:13pmQuote:
The two types you don't want are the SF favorites, but you can look into point collars or cut away collars...
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 7 seconds ago
- › Meermin. Carmina 2nd brand? 1 minute ago
- › Australian Members 2 minutes ago
- › Unstructured Jackets for larger guys 4 minutes ago
- › Cars We Drive! 8 minutes ago
- › The WAYWT Discussion Thread 14 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 17 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 17 minutes ago
- › Poor man's watch thread 18 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot 403 Brown Chromexcel by Shavely Manden
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Malvern Boot by blue suede shoes
- › Isaia Coral Lapel Pin by carre567
- › Kiton Napoli WearRight Dark Green Soft suede Loafers 11.5 *Handmade* by BearBindell
- › Red Wing Men's 6" Iron Ranger Boot by ranger21
- › Alfred Sargent Moore by Harrydog
- › Bright orange green paisley pattern silk tie by Holtemor
- › Allen-Edmonds Men's Leeds Oxfords,Black,10 C by trouble
- › Jos. A. Bank Signature Gold 2-Button Wool Suit by JJTV
- › Frye Men's Wallace Oxford by RandyE
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by j
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Footwear) by alyssaw