or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1184

post #17746 of 28873

Are fully unlined blazers/jackets by definition not able to be canvassed? 

 

What are the pros/cons I should be aware of in going unstructured vs. structured on a spring/summer blazer, and does having it partially/fully unlined play into the dynamic at all?

Trying to determine what combination of lined/structured I should think about. 

post #17747 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post


Meaning no offense, but might a boy's blazer fit? Because I understand that finding a men's blazer (or suit) in a size smaller than 36 can be difficult.
Otherwise, I suppose $500 would be enough for you to go the made-to-measure (MTM) route.
--
Michael

From what I've heard, large boys blazers tend to be very boxy. Sucks being short musicboohoo[1].gif

post #17748 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

Are fully unlined blazers/jackets by definition not able to be canvassed? 

 

What are the pros/cons I should be aware of in going unstructured vs. structured on a spring/summer blazer, and does having it partially/fully unlined play into the dynamic at all?

Trying to determine what combination of lined/structured I should think about. 

Yes fully unlined jackets are uncanvassed. if you don't have much to fill out the jacket out (not a problem, just saying) it may not look as good and you may want to get more structure in the jackets, in which case you can get the partially lined ones which will have the canvas in front and be lined there as well, with the lining gone in back.  

 

the durability will not be the same as a fully canvassed one, but it can be nice to not sweat your ass off. i assume that's the thought process?

post #17749 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBMarce21 View Post

Yes fully unlined jackets are uncanvassed. if you don't have much to fill out the jacket out (not a problem, just saying) it may not look as good and you may want to get more structure in the jackets, in which case you can get the partially lined ones which will have the canvas in front and be lined there as well, with the lining gone in back.  

 

the durability will not be the same as a fully canvassed one, but it can be nice to not sweat your ass off. i assume that's the thought process?

Perfect, thanks. Exactly the thought process, summers are typically exceptionally humid. 

post #17750 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by PiCcolocV View Post

Perfect, thanks. Exactly the thought process, summers are typically exceptionally humid. 

Happy to help!

post #17751 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The tie on the left for sure. The KC one should go back to the store.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post


Agreed, that Kenneth Cole is not good. If you can return it, do so.

 

Will do, thanks.

 

Also, happy to report that the interview went great. I cannot thank everyone who replied to my questions enough to adequately show my appreciation. I am definitely looking forward to using the forums more in the future, as it is a valuable resource and the members are a wealth of knowledge. I am well versed in researching data online and searching for information on forums. I always make sure to search for readily available information before bothering anyone with needless posts. However, when it comes to some more specific questions such as exact color and pattern  combinations it can be hard to find similar enough posts to be confidant in a decision. What is probably even more often the reason for posting questions that could possibly be found searching is the time constraint usually present. The topic of professional business attire is typically analyzed for the first time, at least in detail, by those who need to know it due to important interviews or the such. Many times these interviews can be scheduled with only a few days notice which can be problematic when an individual already works full time and must purchase a number of pieces that he/she has not previously shopped for.

 

This was my situation at least, so thanks again for putting up with the painfully ignorant questions and stomaching the endless pictures of blindingly repulsive ties!

post #17752 of 28873
Congrats on the interview! icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Don't feel bad about asking questions, when I first joined I was looking for RL Polos with the colored pony. A lot has changed since then. cool.gif
post #17753 of 28873
Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).
post #17754 of 28873

Hi everyone,

 

Which color do you think is best if you are wearing formal. Please suggest me or is it depend on our skin color ?.. will appreciate your opinion :)

post #17755 of 28873
for the very formal - black
post #17756 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris12 View Post

Okay quick question:

I'm looking for a winter shoe. Is this one wearable?

 

 

 

Normally I'd prefer brown ones, but since my favorite gloves are black I would like to match them.

post #17757 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claghorn View Post

Is it possible to dry clean shirts too often? I live in a place where dry cleaning, even good dry cleaning, is very cheap (bad will cost you around a dollar per shirt, good around $2.50). Each shirt probably gets dry cleaned twice a month, worn once or twice before getting dry cleaned. I have about 12 shirts regular rotation (most cotton, a few linen).

My understanding is that you should get your shirts laundered, not dry cleaned. Dry cleaning will wear them out a lot faster.
post #17758 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibonius View Post


My understanding is that you should get your shirts laundered, not dry cleaned. Dry cleaning will wear them out a lot faster.


I...have no idea if I am getting them dry cleaned or laundered. Probably something I should investigate, by my command of Korean does not extend to dry cleaning lingo. I'll need to figure that out. Is there a chance that they've been laundering my shirts all along (knowing better than I)?

post #17759 of 28873
Unless you specifically ask that they be dry cleaned, they will be laundered. Yes, laundering your shirts can increase wear, but the only alternative is CVS cloth tape. teacha.gif
post #17760 of 28873

Does anybody know what brand this jacket is or what type of jacket it is?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4zv3yPKA01rtkhc6o1_1280.png

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3orvcJ2f21rtkhc6o1_1280.png

These pictures were taken in 2001 so it was probably made by a brand that was prominent during that time...

Also sorry if there is already a thread for identifying brands but I did not find one. Thank you!
 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here