Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1183post #17731 of 2498110/2/12 at 9:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17732 of 2498110/2/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Essential
Nope! My poor placement of my second sentence was probably misleading. I was mainly just asking if Strands were acceptable.
Thanks, I thought so. As a student, I feel that black cap toes would be a bad investment because I'm still a freshman and to be honest, I'll probably only wear it once throughout my whole four years. My goal is to undergrad w/ a major in accounting and go to law school depending on my LSAT/GPA. If I stick with accounting, do you think Strands will cut it for interviews? I'm in NYC so it's conservative though a bit liberal as well. If I go to law school, I'll invest more heavily in shoes though.
I think the Strands are too decorated for interviews in NYC.post #17733 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:01ampost #17734 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:02ampost #17735 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
Which tie for a wedding this weekend?
Trying to decide between the two of these to go with a Navy suit and light blue shirt (pictured). I know the safe bet is to go with the Navy, but seems a bit boring to me. The gold is totally on the other side and might be a bit too garish though.
Definitely not a gold tie for a wedding, unless the ceremony is to be conducted atop an elephant in Las Vegas.post #17736 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:06amQuote:
Lol, "The Shoes with the pillow inside."
Don't look too bad for the price, though. Go for it.post #17737 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by strangedream
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.
These are images from the original thread:
I wouldn't recommend this if you ever want to actually put anything in your pockets without the mouths completely stretching out of shape.post #17738 of 2498110/2/12 at 10:49ampost #17739 of 2498110/2/12 at 3:06pmpost #17740 of 2498110/2/12 at 3:09pmpost #17741 of 2498110/2/12 at 3:56pmpost #17742 of 2498110/2/12 at 6:22pm
I second this. While there is a lot on this forum about ties, it's filled with a great deal of fluff in between. Though it would be nice to expect anyone who wanders in from Google to bother searching the forum and then reading through various threads, it seems more likely they'll give up and just throw on that satin turquoise tie to go with their black suit and black shirt.
And I think we can all agree that won't just be his problem. A man in such a combination is everybody's problem.post #17743 of 2498110/2/12 at 7:00pmpost #17744 of 2498110/2/12 at 7:07pmpost #17745 of 2498110/2/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Meaning no offense, but might a boy's blazer fit? Because I understand that finding a men's blazer (or suit) in a size smaller than 36 can be difficult.
Otherwise, I suppose $500 would be enough for you to go the made-to-measure (MTM) route.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › things that are making you happy 1 minute ago
- › Viberg Boots 2 minutes ago
- › No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Auction Thread for the Styleforum 2013 Holiday Charity Drive for... 2 minutes ago
- › Motorcycles 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 3 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 4 minutes ago
- › Common Projects Achilles (size 42) 4 minutes ago
- › SW&D CHALLENGE 12.14.13 --- Blue and Green 5 minutes ago
- › Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by LA Guy
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw