Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 9:17 am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1183post #17731 of 2833210/2/12 at 9:15am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17732 of 2833210/2/12 at 9:22amQuote:Originally Posted by Essential
Nope! My poor placement of my second sentence was probably misleading. I was mainly just asking if Strands were acceptable.
Thanks, I thought so. As a student, I feel that black cap toes would be a bad investment because I'm still a freshman and to be honest, I'll probably only wear it once throughout my whole four years. My goal is to undergrad w/ a major in accounting and go to law school depending on my LSAT/GPA. If I stick with accounting, do you think Strands will cut it for interviews? I'm in NYC so it's conservative though a bit liberal as well. If I go to law school, I'll invest more heavily in shoes though.
I think the Strands are too decorated for interviews in NYC.post #17733 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:01ampost #17734 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:02ampost #17735 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Winston S.
Which tie for a wedding this weekend?
Trying to decide between the two of these to go with a Navy suit and light blue shirt (pictured). I know the safe bet is to go with the Navy, but seems a bit boring to me. The gold is totally on the other side and might be a bit too garish though.
Definitely not a gold tie for a wedding, unless the ceremony is to be conducted atop an elephant in Las Vegas.post #17736 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:06amQuote:
Lol, "The Shoes with the pillow inside."
Don't look too bad for the price, though. Go for it.post #17737 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:48amQuote:Originally Posted by strangedream
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.
These are images from the original thread:
I wouldn't recommend this if you ever want to actually put anything in your pockets without the mouths completely stretching out of shape.post #17738 of 2833210/2/12 at 10:49ampost #17739 of 2833210/2/12 at 3:06pmpost #17740 of 2833210/2/12 at 3:09pmpost #17741 of 2833210/2/12 at 3:56pmpost #17742 of 2833210/2/12 at 6:22pm
I second this. While there is a lot on this forum about ties, it's filled with a great deal of fluff in between. Though it would be nice to expect anyone who wanders in from Google to bother searching the forum and then reading through various threads, it seems more likely they'll give up and just throw on that satin turquoise tie to go with their black suit and black shirt.
And I think we can all agree that won't just be his problem. A man in such a combination is everybody's problem.post #17743 of 2833210/2/12 at 7:00pmpost #17744 of 2833210/2/12 at 7:07pmpost #17745 of 2833210/2/12 at 7:31pmQuote:Meaning no offense, but might a boy's blazer fit? Because I understand that finding a men's blazer (or suit) in a size smaller than 36 can be difficult.
Otherwise, I suppose $500 would be enough for you to go the made-to-measure (MTM) route.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 4 seconds ago
- › WTB APC New Petit Standard Light Wash Denim in a 31 or 32 24 seconds ago
- › What did you eat last night for dinner? 45 seconds ago
- › Random fashion thoughts 2 minutes ago
- › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › National Parks with a 2 year old 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 4 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)