or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1182

post #17716 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Wang handgrade monks
http://www.kentwang.com/shoes/handgrade-monkstrap.html


Or


Meermin LM dub monks:
http://meermin.es/ficha_articulo.php?id=2050


Cant decide ffffuuuu.gif

Meermin and you can specify which last, colour, lining and many other for just a small upcharge!! No brainer
post #17717 of 29422

The magazine I have says that Beckham jacket is a "brown bomber jacket" from Ralph Lauren, £2100.

post #17718 of 29422

Okay quick question:

I'm looking for a winter shoe. Is this one wearable?

 

 

 

Normally I'd prefer brown ones, but since my favorite gloves are black I would like to match them.


Edited by Chris12 - 10/3/12 at 6:13am
post #17719 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Those ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.

+100
post #17720 of 29422

As a college student, would it be acceptable to wear Walnut Strands with a suit to school functions and interviews? The alternative is a pair of AE (brown) loafers.


Edited by Essential - 10/1/12 at 7:06pm
post #17721 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

As a college student, would it be acceptable to wear Walnut Strands with a suit to school functions and interviews? The alternative is a pair of AE (brown) loafers.

Is that a trick question? Of course it's acceptable. 

post #17722 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

As a college student, would it be acceptable to wear Walnut Strands with a suit to school functions and interviews? The alternative is a pair of AE (brown) loafers.

Given the alternative, it's the better choice, as long as you're not interviewing in a conservative field. In that case, invest in a black or brown cap toe.
post #17723 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredwings19 View Post

Is that a trick question? Of course it's acceptable. 


Nope! My poor placement of my second sentence was probably misleading. I was mainly just asking if Strands were acceptable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Given the alternative, it's the better choice, as long as you're not interviewing in a conservative field. In that case, invest in a black or brown cap toe.

Thanks, I thought so. As a student, I feel that black cap toes would be a bad investment because I'm still a freshman and to be honest, I'll probably only wear it once throughout my whole four years. My goal is to undergrad w/ a major in accounting and go to law school depending on my LSAT/GPA. If I stick with accounting, do you think Strands will cut it for interviews? I'm in NYC so it's conservative though a bit liberal as well. If I go to law school, I'll invest more heavily in shoes though.

post #17724 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essential View Post

Thanks, I thought so. As a student, I feel that black cap toes would be a bad investment because I'm still a freshman and to be honest, I'll probably only wear it once throughout my whole four years. My goal is to undergrad w/ a major in accounting and go to law school depending on my LSAT/GPA. If I stick with accounting, do you think Strands will cut it for interviews? I'm in NYC so it's conservative though a bit liberal as well. If I go to law school, I'll invest more heavily in shoes though.

I still think, in your case, you would benefit from that black cap toe. But if you are strongly against it, get yourself a brown cap toe for interviews, the walnut strand will stand out more than you might want in that case.
post #17725 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie22 View Post

Nothing wrong with that.
Don't get me started on the US unions and their effect on manufacturing in this country nest.gif

Because if we can't drag the Chinese standard of living up to ours, we should insist that our pay and work safety standards be the same as China's? facepalm.gif

Somebody needs to attach a dynamo to Upton Sinclair's grave, we could solve a few energy issues...
post #17726 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Those ties are horrific. If you must wear a red tie, pair it with a light blue shirt. With a white shirt there is way too much contrast. The spotted red one is decent, but the other is cheap looking. If you must go with the white shirt the navy tie (while not great looking do to the sateen stripe) would be the better choice.

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Are these options any more bearable? Avoiding the light blue shirt this time if possible as this will be the second interview and I wore a light blue shirt to the first, so I would prefer to go with a different color shirt while at the same time keeping it professional.

 

post #17727 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolas View Post

Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. Are these options any more bearable? Avoiding the light blue shirt this time if possible as this will be the second interview and I wore a light blue shirt to the first, so I would prefer to go with a different color shirt while at the same time keeping it professional.

 


Provided the solid blue tie isn't as satin-y as it looks in the picture, I think it'll work.

post #17728 of 29422
The tie on the left for sure. The KC one should go back to the store.
post #17729 of 29422
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

The tie on the left for sure. The KC one should go back to the store.


Agreed, that Kenneth Cole is not good. If you can return it, do so.
post #17730 of 29422
Someone should write a Styleforum101 primer on ties.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here