Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1179
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17672 of 287379/29/12 at 2:12pmpost #17673 of 287379/29/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Splendid! Thanks fellas. As far as the balmoral boots go, I'm looking for a 7UK something or other, that I might be able to get online somewhere. Waiting on Meermin to make one up for an MTO, but in the meantime I'm looking for something in shell cordovan for sub $700. is this possible? If so, where to look? eBay obviously but beyond that... looking for a carmina/c&j benchgrade quality type thing. perhaps one step down.post #17674 of 287379/29/12 at 2:18pmpost #17675 of 287379/29/12 at 3:21pmpost #17676 of 287379/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #17677 of 287379/29/12 at 9:54pmpost #17678 of 287379/30/12 at 9:07ampost #17679 of 287379/30/12 at 11:19ampost #17680 of 287379/30/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Same as you would any other pair of nice leather shoes. Polish every 5 wears or so, condition every couple of polishes. Wax or cream doesn't matter that much, just none of those instant shines.post #17681 of 287379/30/12 at 2:43pmpost #17682 of 287379/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
Girls match, men coordinate.
Here are some alternative options with that tie:
Edited by clarksdb - 9/30/12 at 9:56pmpost #17683 of 287379/30/12 at 6:19pmpost #17684 of 287379/30/12 at 8:25pm
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.Quote:Pipes are the two strips of cloth that make the pocket. The fabric used for this on this suit are cut on the bias rather than with the grain line of the cloth. Looking at the jacket pockets and the back pockets on the trouser you will see the stripe in the cloth running in a diagonal direction rather than a straight horizontal line.
These are images from the original thread:post #17685 of 287379/30/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
A tweed jacket in a brown check?
Look wherever tweed jackets are sold in your area, a decent men's store should have a few different options. You're in New York, home of a huge fashion industry- pick out a menswear shop with a tweed jacket in the window. It's fall, they should all be showing off their cool weather stuff. Alternately, get one made to measure here. The member "tweedy" here also has a pretty huge selection of vintage tweed jackets, you could try private messaging him.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › TV LINK>>Swansea vs Everton Live Capital One Cup 2014 3 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 seconds ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 29 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 30 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 1 minute ago
- › TV LINK>>Fulham vs Doncaster Live Capital One Cup 2014 1 minute ago
- › DAVID REEVES BESPOKE OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 2 minutes ago
- › TV LINK>>Shrewsbury vs Norwich Live Capital One Cup 2014 2 minutes ago
- › TV LINK>>Derby vs Reading Live Capital One Cup 2014 3 minutes ago
- › TV LINK>>Arsenal vs Southampton Live Capital One Cup 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...