Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 8:41 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1179
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17672 of 291419/29/12 at 2:12pmpost #17673 of 291419/29/12 at 2:17pmQuote:
Splendid! Thanks fellas. As far as the balmoral boots go, I'm looking for a 7UK something or other, that I might be able to get online somewhere. Waiting on Meermin to make one up for an MTO, but in the meantime I'm looking for something in shell cordovan for sub $700. is this possible? If so, where to look? eBay obviously but beyond that... looking for a carmina/c&j benchgrade quality type thing. perhaps one step down.post #17674 of 291419/29/12 at 2:18pmpost #17675 of 291419/29/12 at 3:21pmpost #17676 of 291419/29/12 at 6:16pmpost #17677 of 291419/29/12 at 9:54pmpost #17678 of 291419/30/12 at 9:07ampost #17679 of 291419/30/12 at 11:19ampost #17680 of 291419/30/12 at 11:39amQuote:
Same as you would any other pair of nice leather shoes. Polish every 5 wears or so, condition every couple of polishes. Wax or cream doesn't matter that much, just none of those instant shines.post #17681 of 291419/30/12 at 2:43pmpost #17682 of 291419/30/12 at 6:07pmQuote:
Girls match, men coordinate.
Here are some alternative options with that tie:
Edited by clarksdb - 9/30/12 at 9:56pmpost #17683 of 291419/30/12 at 6:19pmpost #17684 of 291419/30/12 at 8:25pm
Can somebody elaborate on bias pipes with some images to compare bias and not-bias (?) pipes.
While reading over this thread, there was some discussion about bias pipes came up. Despos explained them in the following, but I am still confused.Quote:Pipes are the two strips of cloth that make the pocket. The fabric used for this on this suit are cut on the bias rather than with the grain line of the cloth. Looking at the jacket pockets and the back pockets on the trouser you will see the stripe in the cloth running in a diagonal direction rather than a straight horizontal line.
These are images from the original thread:post #17685 of 291419/30/12 at 9:27pmQuote:
A tweed jacket in a brown check?
Look wherever tweed jackets are sold in your area, a decent men's store should have a few different options. You're in New York, home of a huge fashion industry- pick out a menswear shop with a tweed jacket in the window. It's fall, they should all be showing off their cool weather stuff. Alternately, get one made to measure here. The member "tweedy" here also has a pretty huge selection of vintage tweed jackets, you could try private messaging him.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 3 minutes ago
- › Unipair - Gentlemen's Shoe Boutique - Official Affiliate Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 9 minutes ago
- › I have a jean...(The Ultimate Jean Thread For Beginners) - ask... 10 minutes ago
- › Japan proxy 16 minutes ago
- › Official Black Friday Sale Alert Central 18 minutes ago
- › LAWLESS DENIM (LD&Co) OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD 21 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 26 minutes ago
- › John Elliott + Co - official affiliate thread 28 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...