Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 10:03 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1176post #17626 of 285819/25/12 at 12:48pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17627 of 285819/25/12 at 1:04pmpost #17628 of 285819/25/12 at 1:05pmQuote:
http://www.styleforum.net/t/309586/whnay-s-good-taste-thread/2200_100#post_5770232post #17629 of 285819/25/12 at 7:00pm
I apologize in advance for the bad pictures, sadly I no longer have a photographer.
1) the shirt is too long
2) the jacket is too short
3) looks fine
the second picture is taken at 'handshake' level and extension just for comparison
Thanks in advance!post #17630 of 285819/25/12 at 7:47pm
Reposting a from a thread I made earlier, sorry about that! I can delete the old one if you want.
Hey guys, I got this blazer at a bargain price yesterday. It says in the item description that it is 'canvassed', but I am not so sure. I will cancel the order if it is fused. I know it is from the 'signature silver' line with a number 1450/1-401183 (fabric/item i think) associated with it. However, I have not been able to find a definitive answer to my question. Anyone familiar with this line/blazer? Thanks!post #17631 of 285819/25/12 at 7:56pmpost #17632 of 285819/26/12 at 3:23amHow does one avoid looking like a security guard when matching lighter pants with darker blazers (or darker blazers with lighter pants...sometimes they both make me think of security guards)?
Since there are probably a lot of ways to answer this question, perhaps I should ask it it reverse: what would one do to look like a security guard when combining blazers with slacks?post #17633 of 285819/26/12 at 5:07ampost #17634 of 285819/26/12 at 6:04amQuote:
You can wear suede year 'round, although Chukkas are a bit of a heavier shoe so I would think they would be most comfortable in fall and winter. Just keep them out of the rain and snow.post #17635 of 285819/26/12 at 6:08amQuote:Originally Posted by Claghorn
How does one avoid looking like a security guard when matching lighter pants with darker blazers (or darker blazers with lighter pants...sometimes they both make me think of security guards)?
Since there are probably a lot of ways to answer this question, perhaps I should ask it it reverse: what would one do to look like a security guard when combining blazers with slacks?
Make sure the blazer is two sizes too big. Carry a flashlight. Harass teenagers loitering outside the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell.post #17636 of 285819/26/12 at 2:27pmpost #17637 of 285819/27/12 at 4:00pmpost #17638 of 285819/27/12 at 5:01pmpost #17639 of 285819/27/12 at 8:53pmQuote:
IMO lambswool is gonna last you loner, merino can lose its shape fairly quickly and will pill easier. hence the price difference. but you could always buy 2 colors in merino, etc etcpost #17640 of 285819/27/12 at 9:59pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 34 seconds ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 44 seconds ago
- › NWT J. Crew Ludlow slim fit wool trousers 1 minute ago
- › Ancestry 5 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 5 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 5 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 6 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 6 minutes ago
- › Please help me Identify these shoes 7 minutes ago
- › Crockett & Jones for Ralph Lauren Cordovan (Marlow, Darlton,... 7 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)