or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1169

post #17521 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

I agree that navy would pair better with a medium gray than with charcoal, but I think thats it.

"That's it"? That's a really, really important one.

You can wear mid gray trousers every day and it won't be noticed. They're not particularly loud, and certainly not loud enough where they'll stand out if you wear them several days in a row.

Medium gray is a conservative color, and THE default odd trouser for most men. If they own nothing else, they own a blue blazer and gray trousers. We're not talking a neon green with red checks here, though I'm sure somebody on this forum owns a pair of those.
post #17522 of 29358
Ok fair enough, I can see your point and its a valid one, in the end though I guess I just have a personal preference towards charcoal.
post #17523 of 29358
All - I'm in need of an interview suit ASAP as I'm told black suits are not totally appropriate for interviews (have a black theory suit that fits perfect and I love...but hate to risk standing out considering it's Big 3 consulting firms). Any suggestions on trim fit suits in Chicago? I was looking at Nordstrom and found this which I liked a lot: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/boss-black-jam-sharp-trim-fit-grey-virgin-wool-suit/3023542?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=200

It seemed to fit the bill and I think I could get Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue to tailor it pretty quickly...by Friday at the latest I'm hoping (or would a non-Nordstrom tailor be better...?).
post #17524 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrrr View Post

My last few suits have been bought off rack and tailored and one has been MTM. A recurring problem on all of them is that on the back of the jacket, there is a crease at the top of the flap (all have been double vents). Is there any way to eliminate this crease through tailoring? Or is bespoke the only way to go? What I'd like to have resembles this but with a double vent...


#1. Shame on your for getting a single vent.
#2. It probably has to do with the fact that your jackets are too fitted.
post #17525 of 29358
Does anybody know where I can buy like a piece of bridle leather?
post #17526 of 29358
Look for places that make stuff for the horsey set. Tack shop??
post #17527 of 29358
What?
post #17528 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

What?

A tack shop sells horse related gear- saddles, bits, stirrups, reigns, that kind of thing. If you wanted just a piece of bridle leather, a place that sells, makes, and repairs things like bridles would be a decent place to look.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse_tack
post #17529 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

#1. Shame on your for getting a single vent.
That's not his coat, he says his are double. Would need pics of his actual coat to see what he's actually describing.
post #17530 of 29358

Try SuitSupply which is just north of the loop, I believe they do quick tailoring as long as its not major stuff. Also their suits are pretty decent quality, especially for the price. They seem to be #menswear and StyleForum approved. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellit697 View Post

All - I'm in need of an interview suit ASAP as I'm told black suits are not totally appropriate for interviews (have a black theory suit that fits perfect and I love...but hate to risk standing out considering it's Big 3 consulting firms). Any suggestions on trim fit suits in Chicago? I was looking at Nordstrom and found this which I liked a lot: http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/boss-black-jam-sharp-trim-fit-grey-virgin-wool-suit/3023542?origin=category&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=200
It seemed to fit the bill and I think I could get Nordstrom on Michigan Avenue to tailor it pretty quickly...by Friday at the latest I'm hoping (or would a non-Nordstrom tailor be better...?).
post #17531 of 29358

What are the black cap-toe oxfords (or mid-gray slacks) of brown shoes? Varsatile, conservative, timeless, seasonless, ubiquitous.

post #17532 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay View Post

What are the black cap-toe oxfords (or mid-gray slacks) of brown shoes? Varsatile, conservative, timeless, seasonless, ubiquitous.

Brogues.
post #17533 of 29358
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

"That's it"? That's a really, really important one.
You can wear mid gray trousers every day and it won't be noticed. They're not particularly loud, and certainly not loud enough where they'll stand out if you wear them several days in a row.
Medium gray is a conservative color, and THE default odd trouser for most men. If they own nothing else, they own a blue blazer and gray trousers. We're not talking a neon green with red checks here, though I'm sure somebody on this forum owns a pair of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canstyleace View Post

Ok fair enough, I can see your point and its a valid one, in the end though I guess I just have a personal preference towards charcoal.

Thanks for the great help guys. I was really torn but eventually went with these in medium grey:

http://www.howardyount.com/collections/wool-pants/products/classic-flannel-pants-medium-gray

They seem pretty dark as I didn't want a light gray. I guess charcoal will have to wait.
post #17534 of 29358

Look like Allen Edmonds from last season, maybe the one before. 

post #17535 of 29358
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here