or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1168

post #17506 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

I got to work this morning and was drinking my morning cup of joe when I accidently spilled some on a pair of Epaulet wool trousers that I had on. There are now three small stains on my trousers. I had washed the stained area with water and them dabbed the area, but was wondering what else I could do to immediately resolve the issue at hand.

When I get home after work, is my best bet to wash the pant in woolite?
Bile soap on that area and let it do its work for 24 hours (put it in a plastic bag to keep it damp)?
post #17507 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

I got to work this morning and was drinking my morning cup of joe when I accidently spilled some on a pair of Epaulet wool trousers that I had on. There are now three small stains on my trousers. I had washed the stained area with water and them dabbed the area, but was wondering what else I could do to immediately resolve the issue at hand.

When I get home after work, is my best bet to wash the pant in woolite?

That's what dry cleaners are for.
post #17508 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by amathew View Post

I got to work this morning and was drinking my morning cup of joe when I accidently spilled some on a pair of Epaulet wool trousers that I had on. There are now three small stains on my trousers. I had washed the stained area with water and them dabbed the area, but was wondering what else I could do to immediately resolve the issue at hand.

 

When I get home after work, is my best bet to wash the pant in woolite?

Those Tide pens should work well enough on coffee stains.

post #17509 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post


That's what dry cleaners are for.

 

I just wanted to know if there were any immediate solutions. Just got into men's fashion recently and have never taken my clothes to a dry cleaner before, but I'll have to do that.

 

Hand soap and water has cleared up most of the stain, but I'll take it to the dry cleaner tom.

post #17510 of 28873
If you bring it to the cleaner, better don't do anything.

And if you do something, use bile soap.
post #17511 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post

I am considering having a new suit made, I am set on a three piece (with no lapels on the vest), however as all of my current suits are notch lapels, I was hoping to make the three-piece with a peak lapel. My issue is as an individual of smaller stature I have made all my current suits with narrow lapels (regular sized lapels look unusually large on me), approx. 2.25".

 

My question is, has anyone seen narrow peak lapels on a suit? And if so, I would appreciate someone positing some pics so that I can determine whether it would look odd on a suit.

 

Thanks SF brethren!
 


Bump! mwink[1].gif

post #17512 of 28873
What happened to the thread with a comprehensive list of high-end shoes, with pictures? IIRC, it included a picture of swatches showing the colors of John Lobb leathers. I'm looking for suedes in particular. I'd greatly appreciate a link. TIA.
post #17513 of 28873

What are typical Louis Vuitton bags made of? They look like leather, but I am not sure. 

post #17514 of 28873
how much do ermenegildo zegna trefeo milano cut suits in staple colors like navy or charcoal cost?
post #17515 of 28873

I'm planning on building my dress shirt wardrobe from the ground up. Soon, I'm going to commission a couple of MTM shirts from my tailor to see how the fit/quality is. But I haven't decided what cloth to go with. Would it be more practical to go with easily found staples that would be slightly more versatile (white spread and blue OCBD) or less common shirts that are harder to find OTR (red microcheck and black/white gingham, perhaps)?

post #17516 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbird13 View Post

I'm planning on building my dress shirt wardrobe from the ground up. Soon, I'm going to commission a couple of MTM shirts from my tailor to see how the fit/quality is. But I haven't decided what cloth to go with. Would it be more practical to go with easily found staples that would be slightly more versatile (white spread and blue OCBD) or less common shirts that are harder to find OTR (red microcheck and black/white gingham, perhaps)?

What do you already have by way of staples and how good are they? If you already have white and blue spread collar ish shirts in a decent quality that fit well, you could branch out a little. If those need upgrading, start with those.
post #17517 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarksdb View Post

What kind of shirts would not go well with charcoal pants?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulinski View Post

 I agree that medium gray is more versatile, but because it pairs better with a variety of jackets, including a navy one. It provides a bit more contrast with the navy than charcoal does.

I agree that navy would pair better with a medium gray than with charcoal, but I think thats it.

I also think charcoal is a better choice for clarksdb in particular since he stated its his first pair of wool trousers, so I'm assuming its his only pair and charcoal is not only very versatile but its also a color of trouser that doesn't stand out or gets noticed too much, meaning that you could wear it (or repeat it) more often without being noticed, not sure if it made sense but I hope you got it....

I used to wear trousers everyday to the office in my past job and had tons of different colored trousers but the ones I used the most were charcoal, medium gray, chocolate brown and navy, all very versatile but personally I found charcoal the best.
Edited by canstyleace - 9/17/12 at 7:28pm
post #17518 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post

I am considering having a new suit made, I am set on a three piece (with no lapels on the vest), however as all of my current suits are notch lapels, I was hoping to make the three-piece with a peak lapel. My issue is as an individual of smaller stature I have made all my current suits with narrow lapels (regular sized lapels look unusually large on me), approx. 2.25".

My question is, has anyone seen narrow peak lapels on a suit? And if so, I would appreciate someone positing some pics so that I can determine whether it would look odd on a suit.

Thanks SF brethren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post


Bump! mwink%5B1%5D.gif


Do you mean something like any of these?

viridiann-narrowpeaklapel.jpg
viridiann-narrowpeaklapel2.jpg
three-piece-suit-2011.jpg
peaklapel.jpg
00_onebutton_peak_charcoal_main_2.jpg
Edited by canstyleace - 9/17/12 at 7:40pm
post #17519 of 28873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingusberry View Post

What are typical Louis Vuitton bags made of? They look like leather, but I am not sure. 

If by "typical" you mean the classic brown monogram line of bags then its coated canvas, if you meant something else then please be more specific or post a picture of the bag.......
post #17520 of 28873

My last few suits have been bought off rack and tailored and one has been MTM. A recurring problem on all of them is that on the back of the jacket, there is a crease at the top of the flap (all have been double vents). Is there any way to eliminate this crease through tailoring? Or is bespoke the only way to go? What I'd like to have resembles this but with a double vent...

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here