Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:37 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1165
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17462 of 287459/12/12 at 5:15pmQuote:
The new Gap slim fit that someone else mentioned is actually quite good. A better fit than J. Crew or Brooks. Nothing fits me all that well from Gap but these are great out of the box. And cheap at 30% off when they run a sale, which is often.post #17463 of 287459/12/12 at 7:01pmpost #17464 of 287459/12/12 at 10:41pmpost #17465 of 287459/12/12 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's been recommended on here to wear grey shirts under shirts that are thin as they don't reflect light as much as white.post #17466 of 287459/13/12 at 3:56amQuote:
Is there a uniqlo by you? Take a look at their Airism line. They are tight-fitting and come in a few different colors, including a beige that is likely very close to your skin tone.post #17467 of 287459/13/12 at 6:18ampost #17468 of 287459/13/12 at 7:16pmpost #17469 of 287459/13/12 at 7:34pmpost #17470 of 287459/14/12 at 1:00ampost #17471 of 287459/14/12 at 9:42am
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.post #17472 of 287459/14/12 at 9:52ampost #17473 of 287459/14/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.
A sharkskin, made from real wool (and not one of those garishly shiny polyester nightmares) counts as a texture in my book, not a pattern, and a subtle pinstripe would be a perfectly conservative and appropriate choice. Wouldn't recommend a check or windowpane though. On second thought though skip the sharkskin. Some are nice fabrics, others are garish as hell and wouldn't be appropriate. Usually the 100% wool is a nice indicator, but without seeing the actual fabric I wouldn't want you to wind up in something resembling a mirror.
Go with the subtle pinstripe if you can't find a solid navy or charcoal.post #17474 of 287459/14/12 at 1:10pmWhat do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.post #17475 of 287459/14/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.
Dark green tie since two of your suits are navy I would skip the navy tie. Not a fan of having too much of the same color. A solid green tie would work well with all of those suits with a white dress shirt.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Blue Owl Workshop - official affiliate thread 10 seconds ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 21 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 29 seconds ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 2 minutes ago
- › How many pairs of jeans do you own? 2 minutes ago
- › Atelier Musella Dembech - Master Tailor in Milano, Italy - official... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Stephan Schneider. You'll Always Find Me In The Kitchen At Parties. 4 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...