Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/11/14 at 10:58pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1165
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17462 of 282469/12/12 at 5:15pmQuote:
The new Gap slim fit that someone else mentioned is actually quite good. A better fit than J. Crew or Brooks. Nothing fits me all that well from Gap but these are great out of the box. And cheap at 30% off when they run a sale, which is often.post #17463 of 282469/12/12 at 7:01pmpost #17464 of 282469/12/12 at 10:41pmpost #17465 of 282469/12/12 at 11:18pmQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
Just got this Borrelli shirt. It is a nice fine fabric but somewhat see . I don't wear jackets usually. What should I do? If I wear a white under shirt it will surely be visible underneath. Fit is OK. I'm planning on slimming it. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
It's been recommended on here to wear grey shirts under shirts that are thin as they don't reflect light as much as white.post #17466 of 282469/13/12 at 3:56amQuote:
Is there a uniqlo by you? Take a look at their Airism line. They are tight-fitting and come in a few different colors, including a beige that is likely very close to your skin tone.post #17467 of 282469/13/12 at 6:18ampost #17468 of 282469/13/12 at 7:16pmpost #17469 of 282469/13/12 at 7:34pmpost #17470 of 282469/14/12 at 1:00ampost #17471 of 282469/14/12 at 9:42am
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.post #17472 of 282469/14/12 at 9:52ampost #17473 of 282469/14/12 at 11:35amQuote:Originally Posted by jmills
Anyone have any thoughts about suitability of suit patterns for interviews? Not so many plain options in my size in stock here, but there are some navy or charcoal options in sharkskin (would guess is okay), check (probably pushing it) and striped (probably not the best). I'm guessing window pane would also be next in the (in-)appropriateness scale.
A sharkskin, made from real wool (and not one of those garishly shiny polyester nightmares) counts as a texture in my book, not a pattern, and a subtle pinstripe would be a perfectly conservative and appropriate choice. Wouldn't recommend a check or windowpane though. On second thought though skip the sharkskin. Some are nice fabrics, others are garish as hell and wouldn't be appropriate. Usually the 100% wool is a nice indicator, but without seeing the actual fabric I wouldn't want you to wind up in something resembling a mirror.
Go with the subtle pinstripe if you can't find a solid navy or charcoal.post #17474 of 282469/14/12 at 1:10pmWhat do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.post #17475 of 282469/14/12 at 2:55pmQuote:Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight
What do you think is the most versatile tie of the 2 below, given my suits are solid navy, herringbone navy or mid grey sharkskins. I have an olive complexion and dark brown hair
Solid navy tie
Solid dark green tie.
I'm trying to buy better quality ties and starting with some basics, and have solid black and solid brown covered.
Dark green tie since two of your suits are navy I would skip the navy tie. Not a fan of having too much of the same color. A solid green tie would work well with all of those suits with a white dress shirt.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 11 seconds ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 2 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 3 minutes ago
- › Show Me Your Stripes Friday Challenge 7/11/14 6 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Septieme Largeur - Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 10 minutes ago
- › Dress shirt and shoes with denim? 10 minutes ago
- › Help me blow all my money in London!! 11 minutes ago
- › Wolverine 1000 Mile Boot Review 12 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)