Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 6:45 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1149
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17222 of 286948/31/12 at 5:33ampost #17223 of 286948/31/12 at 6:38ampost #17224 of 286948/31/12 at 8:18ampost #17225 of 286948/31/12 at 10:17am
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!post #17226 of 286948/31/12 at 10:28amQuote:Originally Posted by yls2012
Any guidance on what color tie / suit would go with this shirt?
It's a little darker and less versatile than I expected when I purchased. Not sure if it can safely be worn with a business suit. Thanks!
While not my favorite, I might like a black grenadine tie and a grey suit with it.post #17227 of 286948/31/12 at 11:03amQuote:
Several people in this thread have recommended BB Milanos. They're normally $90 but on sale for $39 right now (plus tax and shipping brings it closer to $50 or $55).post #17228 of 286948/31/12 at 12:56pmQuote:Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel
Here is an up close pic of the fabric in bright lighting, so that you can you can see the weave. It really looks darker, and the weave is barely noticeable and smooth:
The buttons are not that special, but they are solid black, and i don't care for them on an odd jacket:
As mentioned earlier, 3 roll 2, black jacket, side vents, besom flap pockets. Any suggestions on buttons? Or possibly a good place to buy jacket buttons online?
I would use regular dark horn buttons. The jacket has a real identity crisis because it is a twill weave, besom flaps that point to businesswear, yet it is black which makes it an outlier, and doesn't have trousers. With horn buttons it will look like an orphaned suit jacket, but it might look too "fashiony" or flashy, or tacky if you put like smoked MOP buttons on it. I wouldn't do anything flashier than smoked MOP, imo. If you do metal buttons it will look sort of military, or costumey. I wouldn't go there.post #17229 of 286948/31/12 at 2:06pm
Got a new tie and pocket square -- wondering if they are too "matchy"
I didn't match the pattern, but they are both red (veering towards purple) with yellow accents. The red is a little different in each (the square being a little "redder" than the tie)
Thoughts? I'm wearing this with a dark suit.
Thanks for any advice.post #17230 of 286948/31/12 at 6:15pmpost #17231 of 286948/31/12 at 6:21pmpost #17232 of 286948/31/12 at 6:22pmpost #17233 of 286948/31/12 at 9:20pmpost #17234 of 286948/31/12 at 9:27pmpost #17235 of 286948/31/12 at 10:38pmQuote:
Bill's Khakis is pretty good. M3 is their slim fit, while M2 is more traditional. I wear an M3 in my regular size (meaning, no need to size up or down for compensation). I think they're better built than Brooks' chinos.
If you Google around, you can find them for something like $115. A seller on Amazon is often having a sale on them at that price. Sometimes they go on Sierra Trading Post for something like $65 a pair.Quote:
Check Cordings, Pakeman, and Hoggs of Fife for traditionally cut models; Epaulet New York and Howard Yount for slim fits; and Ralph Lauren and Brooks Brothers as well. The last two - RL and BB - will have a range of models for different cuts.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 48 seconds ago
- › The Official Vanda Fine Clothing Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 11 minutes ago
- › The Needles / Nepenthes Discussion Thread - Rebuild, Rough and... 13 minutes ago
- › Inverallan 13 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 14 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 23 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 25 minutes ago
- › 100k pull-ups in 2014 29 minutes ago
- › The Uniqlo Thread 33 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)