Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Today at 5:19 am in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1144post #17146 of 289168/28/12 at 1:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #17147 of 289168/28/12 at 1:42pmWith my wool dress pants, the waist is loose enough that it droops down in front (flat stomach) while in the back it is held up by my butt. This results in a pretty sloppy look, especially from the side. However, if I were to get the waist taken in, I believe that it would be too tight while sitting down. Any solution to this? Is the only way to cinch up my belt tighter while standing than sitting?post #17148 of 289168/28/12 at 3:24pmpost #17149 of 289168/28/12 at 3:37pmpost #17150 of 289168/28/12 at 3:47pmpost #17151 of 289168/28/12 at 4:10pmQuote:Originally Posted by Liquidus
With my wool dress pants, the waist is loose enough that it droops down in front (flat stomach) while in the back it is held up by my butt. This results in a pretty sloppy look, especially from the side. However, if I were to get the waist taken in, I believe that it would be too tight while sitting down. Any solution to this? Is the only way to cinch up my belt tighter while standing than sitting?
I just had the same issue and went to a really good local tailor, he was not complimentary of the fit the store had done to say the least. If it is done right you will not have to "cinch up".post #17152 of 289168/28/12 at 4:13pmQuote:Originally Posted by Apollotrader
I just got a couple shirts back from my MTM guy in LA. He had to take the sides in a bit which he did but they also put darts in them??? I thought he would just take fabric out at the sides, are darts acceptable on a MTM shirt? Thank you in advance for your thoughts...
Anybody?post #17153 of 289168/28/12 at 4:22pmpost #17154 of 289168/28/12 at 5:31pmQuote:
I just snagged a pair of Bill's Khakis in the Cramerton cloth (heavyweight) from MyHabit for $69: http://www.myhabit.com/#page=d&dept=men&sale=A3BZ9EORDBGSVE&asin=B008OXCJI6&cAsin=B008OXCK1M&ref=qd_b_img_d_5
Thoughts on this purchase? I'm not sure whether this is the M1, M2, or M3 fit. Also, I'm concerned that these might be too heavy for year-round wear in Texas. Would my money be better spent on a couple pair of Dockers or something else?post #17155 of 289168/28/12 at 5:35pmpost #17156 of 289168/28/12 at 5:44pmQuote:
So my thought that darts are not acceptable on a MTM shirt is incorrect?post #17157 of 289168/28/12 at 5:56pm
So I purchased a pair of black PA's from Nordstrom during their sale last month and also purchase a pair of Hale Walnut directly from AE on sale. The size was not correct so I mailed them back and was informed they are no longer in production.
AE was very nice and said I could get another pair of shoes up to $335 (even though the ones I bought were $249). I really liked the look of the Hale and wanted some advice on what I should get instead.
These are my first 2 pairs of nice shoes and I would like to be able to wear them with suits and nicer/casual weekend wear. I really love the look of the Vernon, but is that "too dressy" for an all around shoe? The strands are nice/popular here, but I am not a huge fan of the medallion (hence my love for the Hale and Vernon).
What about the Monk strap?post #17158 of 289168/28/12 at 5:57pmpost #17159 of 289168/28/12 at 6:18pmpost #17160 of 289168/28/12 at 6:43pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Advice re: navy suit jacket 54 seconds ago
- › Kent Wang - Affiliate thread 1 minute ago
- › Official Guitar, Amp, Pedals, and Gear Thread 1 minute ago
- › Closed vs open channel stitching 2 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › THE OFFICIAL "streetwear" BALLER BOOT/SHOE THREAD ***700usd Min*** 3 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 3 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)