Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 3:20 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1134post #16996 of 291358/22/12 at 12:43pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16997 of 291358/22/12 at 1:00pm
Hey there. I am looking to buy new shoes. I currently have what I show you on the picture here.
I want to expand, preferrably with a pair of suede oxfords or suede chukka/desert boots. The color is the only thing that's stopping me from a decision. What would be more versatile, grey or dark brown?post #16998 of 291358/22/12 at 1:07pmpost #16999 of 291358/22/12 at 1:08pmI would get a pair of dark brown captoe oxfords, or some dark brown wingtip derbies. Suede is out of the question for you, you need more basics. As is you don't even have that. Also an unconventional color like gray is out of the question. Get gray suede shoes when you already have 10 pairs of good shoes.post #17000 of 291358/22/12 at 1:28pmQuote:Originally Posted by traditionalist
sorry posted a new thread then saw this, I apologize. My question is darker shade of brown or tan/lighter brown shoes with this suit.
As well as any other suggestions to dress shirt color besides light blue and purple. Thanks
Shoe color cannot be said without knowing something about the circumstances. Other colors might sometimes be okay.
Purple? As in solid purple. Please don't. Purple on a whilte background would be good. Light green, even solid, might work - but again, circumstances.
Additional advice: don't buy the suit, or return it if you can. That's a low-quality line, and the style isn't versatile.post #17001 of 291358/22/12 at 1:30pmpost #17002 of 291358/22/12 at 1:31pmpost #17003 of 291358/22/12 at 1:49pmQuote:Originally Posted by whiskeybeard
Okay I'm basically a SW&D guy, so be gentle. I need to put together an outfit for a wedding I'm attending, and I'm wondering if this shirt is too casual / doesn't work with the suit? I like the colors/patterns, but does the fact that it's button down, or the cloth (oxford) make it too casual? Thank you for your input.
It really depends on the wedding, but I would say it is a little but to informal and more going to a golfing event.post #17004 of 291358/22/12 at 2:16pm
Okey. It might be worth adding that I'm a 18 year old student. I don't wear suits and stuff, just casual clothes. Would you still go for brown?Quote:Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
I would get a pair of dark brown captoe oxfords, or some dark brown wingtip derbies. Suede is out of the question for you, you need more basics. As is you don't even have that. Also an unconventional color like gray is out of the question. Get gray suede shoes when you already have 10 pairs of good shoes.Same question as above. And isn't suede a form of "casual" material? I was thinking something like http://i.stpost.com/hs-trask-electric-city-oxford-shoes-for-men-in-dark-brown-suede~p~3858n_04~1500.jpg or http://images.asos.com/inv/media/0/5/2/4/1914250/brown/image1xxl.jpg. I think wingtips are a bit too tryhard, as I am more of a casual look. Chinos/sweaters/cardigans/shirts etc.
EDIT: Don't get me wrong on the tryhard bit. I just think that wingtips are better off for suits. Or I have related them to suits, that's a better choice of wordspost #17005 of 291358/22/12 at 2:21pmpost #17006 of 291358/22/12 at 2:30pmpost #17007 of 291358/22/12 at 2:36pm
I purchased some Allen Edmond Park Avenue's yesterday from a shop down state (about 2 hours away). Today while wearing them I noticed one is lighter then the other. Probably was sitting out on display. Is there any way to darken the shoe? Or do I have to drive all the way down state just to return it?post #17008 of 291358/22/12 at 3:14pmpost #17009 of 291358/22/12 at 3:38pmpost #17010 of 291358/22/12 at 4:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by jbernard
I purchased some Allen Edmond Park Avenue's yesterday from a shop down state (about 2 hours away). Today while wearing them I noticed one is lighter then the other. Probably was sitting out on display. Is there any way to darken the shoe? Or do I have to drive all the way down state just to return it?
After a few applications of polish/cream it will most likely be unnoticeable
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › NFL 2014-15 Thread 7 seconds ago
- › Things you just don't get 2 minutes ago
- › RL C&J CORDOVAN SHOES JUNE '14 EDITION and other rlpl shoe models... 3 minutes ago
- › WAYWRN Composite -- 20 thumb minimum 3 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 3 minutes ago
- › Official: Superhero, Comic Book, Sci-Fi, Fantasy, Horror, etc...... 6 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford, Max Verre, Santoni, CJ and other 39-46 7 minutes ago
- › Things that are pissing you off. 8 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 9 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...
- › How to Get What You Really Want This Holiday...
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...