These days, many jackets have the opinion, "For the love of God, don't button any buttons...please!...it's going to pop off and take out an eye!"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1082post #16216 of 294227/25/12 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16217 of 294227/25/12 at 9:23ampost #16218 of 294227/25/12 at 9:34ampost #16219 of 294227/25/12 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by sturm07
It depends. If you want a relax and casual look, you will only need to button the middle one since the structure will hide the top button and give you a deeper drop on the neck. If you want a more conservative and serious look, you will button the top two. You will see the big difference. It is a more serious, professional and severe look.
The 3-button suit I have doesn't really give a deeper "V" without buttoning the top button, as the structure of the suit pretty much dictates the way it hangs. Maybe this is different for other 3-button suits though.
To the OP, if the top button is rolled behind the lapel, definitely don't button it.post #16220 of 294227/25/12 at 10:22ampost #16221 of 294227/25/12 at 11:39ampost #16222 of 294227/25/12 at 11:57ampost #16223 of 294227/25/12 at 12:01pmpost #16224 of 294227/25/12 at 12:21pmpost #16225 of 294227/25/12 at 12:24pmQuote:
It might be the reason why...
It is Huntsman's signature and they are the most expensive and elitist tailors on the Row ..
I have two one button and a few people in cocktails asked me if it was a Huntsman suit..post #16226 of 294227/25/12 at 1:32pmpost #16227 of 294227/25/12 at 1:34pmpost #16228 of 294227/25/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
Honestly I didn't notice that mine shrunk too much, but it was washed cool and hung dry.post #16229 of 294227/25/12 at 5:44pmUsed to wear Brooks ESF exclusively. What do you guys think of think of the fit of the Barba (top) vs Borrelli (bottom). Should I return the Borrelli or is it passable? I was thinking it might be practical on heatwave days where you need to extra air.
My chest is 41 inches. For reference, the Barba is 45 (22.5 p2p) and the Borrelli is 47 (23.5 p2p)
Also, note that the Barba is darted and the Borrelli is not
Ignore the sleeves. Fresh out of the box.
Edited by jrd617 - 7/26/12 at 9:52ampost #16230 of 294227/25/12 at 5:59pm
Reiss suit price had rised
I had saw on Reiss website today,all suit price had rised to 7XX to 9XX which used to 3XX to 4XX.
I think it is not a good deal when not on sales, whats your opinion? Thanks!
And I am also confused why fused suit price can be so expensive?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Cars We Drive! 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 2 minutes ago
- › SLASHED SLASHED Shoe closet cleaning - US 10 / 10.5 4 minutes ago
- › Is thıs Moncler Jacket real or fake? 4 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 5 minutes ago
- › Alberto Moretti Arfango Grey Suede Chukka Boots - Size UK10 - Never... 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Dealing with weight loss and tailored clothes 6 minutes ago
- › Smoking a fatty and Christmas dinner 7 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 8 minutes ago
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...