These days, many jackets have the opinion, "For the love of God, don't button any buttons...please!...it's going to pop off and take out an eye!"
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 7/21/14 at 10:20pm in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
- shirts,sweaters,jackets,suits,coats,pants and shoes Last post on 4/7/11 at 5:56pm in FS: Men's Clothing (Archive)
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1082post #16216 of 283247/25/12 at 9:18am
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16217 of 283247/25/12 at 9:23ampost #16218 of 283247/25/12 at 9:34ampost #16219 of 283247/25/12 at 9:50amQuote:Originally Posted by sturm07
It depends. If you want a relax and casual look, you will only need to button the middle one since the structure will hide the top button and give you a deeper drop on the neck. If you want a more conservative and serious look, you will button the top two. You will see the big difference. It is a more serious, professional and severe look.
The 3-button suit I have doesn't really give a deeper "V" without buttoning the top button, as the structure of the suit pretty much dictates the way it hangs. Maybe this is different for other 3-button suits though.
To the OP, if the top button is rolled behind the lapel, definitely don't button it.post #16220 of 283247/25/12 at 10:22ampost #16221 of 283247/25/12 at 11:39ampost #16222 of 283247/25/12 at 11:57ampost #16223 of 283247/25/12 at 12:01pmpost #16224 of 283247/25/12 at 12:21pmpost #16225 of 283247/25/12 at 12:24pmQuote:
It might be the reason why...
It is Huntsman's signature and they are the most expensive and elitist tailors on the Row ..
I have two one button and a few people in cocktails asked me if it was a Huntsman suit..post #16226 of 283247/25/12 at 1:32pmpost #16227 of 283247/25/12 at 1:34pmpost #16228 of 283247/25/12 at 1:36pmQuote:
Honestly I didn't notice that mine shrunk too much, but it was washed cool and hung dry.post #16229 of 283247/25/12 at 5:44pmUsed to wear Brooks ESF exclusively. What do you guys think of think of the fit of the Barba (top) vs Borrelli (bottom). Should I return the Borrelli or is it passable? I was thinking it might be practical on heatwave days where you need to extra air.
My chest is 41 inches. For reference, the Barba is 45 (22.5 p2p) and the Borrelli is 47 (23.5 p2p)
Also, note that the Barba is darted and the Borrelli is not
Ignore the sleeves. Fresh out of the box.
Edited by jrd617 - 7/26/12 at 9:52ampost #16230 of 283247/25/12 at 5:59pm
Reiss suit price had rised
I had saw on Reiss website today,all suit price had rised to 7XX to 9XX which used to 3XX to 4XX.
I think it is not a good deal when not on sales, whats your opinion? Thanks!
And I am also confused why fused suit price can be so expensive?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › TOJ TOO TIGHT? WE CAN HELP! (The Amazing ToJ Exchange Thread --... 5 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 6 minutes ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread 11 minutes ago
- › FSoT: Seiko Skx031 Black Bay homage 13 minutes ago
- › Seiko Black Bay homage 14 minutes ago
- › things that are making you happy 16 minutes ago
- › The Great Cascadia Boot Thread 18 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 19 minutes ago
- › 3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts... 21 minutes ago
- › Foster & Son/Henry Maxwell: Official Affiliate Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)