or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1080

post #16186 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

You're not supposed to wear a belt with a suit??? I have never heard this before

Not necessarily a hard fast rule, though suits generally look better without belts. The formality and clean lines of a suit are broken up by a belt and therefore bring the overall look down in many peoples' opinions. I tend to agree, however I have seen belts (particularly very slim belts in some sort of exotic skin) go fine with suits.

All and all I prefer braces over belts. The do a better job of keeping your pants up than a belt and at the same time do not disturb the harmony of a look.
post #16187 of 28887

Searching for a pair of red/burgundi tassels, and came across these sale. Is this a corrected-grain (high shine/plastic covered) material that will age badly or is it just the photo? 

 

 

1000

 

 

More pics on Bexleys website:

http://www.bexley.fr/Bexley/chaussure-Picadilly-MOCPRD-FR.htm?blocReferrer=17983

post #16188 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigglr View Post

You're not supposed to wear a belt with a suit??? I have never heard this before

Welcome to StyleForvm.
post #16189 of 28887

Yeah what's with this MC vs. SW&D debate? When I first joined I thought the MC casual thread was about biker casual clothes or something (MC=motorcycle club), then I figured out there were two different sub-forums and apparently there is some kind of rivalry between them. Um, why? First off, why even have two separate forums? It's all just clothes. I mean I like to mix and match more casual/street wear and more formal stuff-- for example, once rocked a dark gray silk/wool Perry Ellis pinstripe suit with a white french cuff dress shirt, silver tie, a black Kangol, and my suit trousers tucked into combat boots-- if I were to discuss that kinda "mixed" look, which sub-forum would that belong in? It all seems like an unnecessarily confusing (and seemingly antagonistic) dichotomy to me.

post #16190 of 28887
SW&D and MC used to be one forum. At the time, the split made sense, as MC focused almost exclusively on tailored clothing. The MC shift toward casual is a subsequent development, and I agree that the current "competing casual" setup (and the resulting tension) is rather bizarre.
post #16191 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandWigga View Post

Yeah what's with this MC vs. SW&D debate? When I first joined I thought the MC casual thread was about biker casual clothes or something (MC=motorcycle club), then I figured out there were two different sub-forums and apparently there is some kind of rivalry between them. Um, why? First off, why even have two separate forums? It's all just clothes. I mean I like to mix and match more casual/street wear and more formal stuff-- for example, once rocked a dark gray silk/wool Perry Ellis pinstripe suit with a white french cuff dress shirt, silver tie, a black Kangol, and my suit trousers tucked into combat boots-- if I were to discuss that kinda "mixed" look, which sub-forum would that belong in? It all seems like an unnecessarily confusing (and seemingly antagonistic) dichotomy to me.

You'd fit in SW&D. That is if this is a serious question.
post #16192 of 28887

It is a serious question, and I do not care for your high-handed, and, more importantly, uninformative response.
 

post #16193 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

SW&D and MC used to be one forum. At the time, the split made sense, as MC focused almost exclusively on tailored clothing. The MC shift toward casual is a subsequent development, and I agree that the current "competing casual" setup (and the resulting tension) is rather bizarre.


Then wouldn't it have made more sense to create a "tailored only" subforum? After all, tailored is a relatively concrete definition, as opposed to "street wear" vs. "men's clothing"-- seems like given the practical overlap between formal, semi-formal, business casual, casual, and street wear, it should all be on one forum. I mean I know I'm a newbie and all, and not trying to dictate to people how to structure the forum, just expressing my frustration at a set up that makes absolutely no sense to me.

post #16194 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandWigga View Post

for example, once rocked a dark gray silk/wool Perry Ellis pinstripe suit with a white french cuff dress shirt, silver tie, a black Kangol, and my suit trousers tucked into combat boots-- if I were to discuss that kinda "mixed" look, which sub-forum would that belong in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HansderHund View Post

You'd fit in SW&D. That is if this is a serious question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandWigga View Post

It is a serious question, and I do not care for your high-handed, and, more importantly, uninformative response.

 


I hardly think that is high-handed and you may re-evaluate that definition over time. You asked a question in there and I answered it. What about that is uninformative?
post #16195 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday View Post

SW&D and MC used to be one forum. At the time, the split made sense, as MC focused almost exclusively on tailored clothing. The MC shift toward casual is a subsequent development, and I agree that the current "competing casual" setup (and the resulting tension) is rather bizarre.


My reply to you was held in moderation and I have no idea why (unlike last one no external links included).

post #16196 of 28887

Next question-- why are some of my posts being held in moderation? I can understand one that I posted on another thread which had a few external links-- making sure I'm not a spammer-- but not sure why the one I just posted was.

post #16197 of 28887
lurker[1].gif
post #16198 of 28887
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandWigga View Post

It is a serious question, and I do not care for your high-handed, and, more importantly, uninformative response.

While I'm not a very experienced member myself and still plenty wet behind the ears, IMO once the trousers were tucked into the combat boots you crossed over into SW&D.
post #16199 of 28887

Shirt recommendations for this suit?

700

 

Options are..a solid pale lavender, white with dark blue stripes, white with light blue stripes or a medium grey.

 

Mario

post #16200 of 28887

Solid pale lavender or the medium grey

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here