85% Wool 15% Kid Mohair. Natural horsehair canvas interlinings, good quality for a suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 12/22/14 at 6:31pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gagliano & Company
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Urban Fine Socks
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1068
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16007 of 294097/15/12 at 6:43ampost #16008 of 294097/15/12 at 7:48ampost #16009 of 294097/15/12 at 7:56ampost #16010 of 294097/15/12 at 9:15ampost #16011 of 294097/15/12 at 11:57amThrifted this yesterday. I'm keeping, but for my own interest:
1. Anyone know what to call this material? It's cotton, thin and very crepe-like.
2. For the canucks out there. This is a Harry rosen private label, Made in Italy. Any idea who the maker is? The label is faded beyond reading
Thanks!post #16012 of 294097/15/12 at 12:06pmpost #16013 of 294097/15/12 at 12:30pm
Absolutely.Quote:Also, I am in need/wanting some loafers/drivers shoes. I am young; 20, so I don't particularly want completely leather loafers/tassal, but I am in love with the Sloop Slipon look - http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/thesloopslipon.aspx - but I don't think I could pull that off in my kind of crowd, as weird as that sounds.
For these, I was thinking around under $200/under $150. Obviously I don't have a very deep pocket!
A bit off topic..but I'm Australian, and summer seems to be creeping around the corner, or more the fact I am looking forward to it.
So I am looking for a nice pair of light, white linen pants, with a slight taper, a light blue would work as well.
Price: under $150.
Try some more traditional camp mocs rather than those stylized ones.
LL Bean's run about $100 I think. Other traditional preppy brands will make them, I don't know what's available down under.
As for linen pants, Old Navy puts out a pair every spring, generally based off their classic fit khakis, but I don't know if you have them down there. The quality is hardly gonna knock your socks off, but they fit pretty well and they work nicely to just beat around in.post #16014 of 294097/15/12 at 12:36pmpost #16015 of 294097/15/12 at 4:04pmpost #16016 of 294097/15/12 at 5:16pm
Is this a good choice for a black tow tie to wear to my wedding? It has a little bit of a pattern, but I figure it shouldn't be noticeable.
If you don't think so, suggestions on another bow tie to get? Preferably something pretty inexpensive like this.post #16017 of 294097/15/12 at 6:49pmpost #16018 of 294097/15/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
I'm ok with over $10. I probably will wear this so rarely that I'm not that concerned in durability though. As such, I'd rather not pay the $50+ I see on sites I can find them.post #16019 of 294097/15/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'd be more concerned with appearance than durability. Cheap silk looks bad and it gets worse the cheaper you go.
I understand not wanting to drop much on a one-use item, but there's some minimum threshold for a decent item.post #16020 of 294097/15/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
I would agree with Gibonius,
Anything less than $10 I would say would get you a very poorly weaved tie, and you wouldn't even know if its silk. For all you know, it could be polyester or microfibre. Tie Bar does decent ties for $15, they should last you a while and if GQ endorses them, you know that they're at least made of the silk they say they are made from. Plus, you never know when you may want to use the tie again. Go for a blue tie, chances are, you'll be able to use it more than once.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › Engineered Garments FW 14 1 minute ago
- › Vintage Ray Ban Expert 5 minutes ago
- › ** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** 7 minutes ago
- › 2014 Clothing Insights and 2015 Clothing Plans 10 minutes ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 10 minutes ago
- › The Grad Lounge 13 minutes ago
- › The Official Tweed Appreciation Thread 14 minutes ago
- › Alden Indy Boot Black 8D 21 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 23 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 29 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › The Styleforum Brief: December 2014
- › What I Learned from Slim Denim
- › How to Smell Fabulous for the Holidays
- › Last Minute Gifts for Dad
- › The Joy of Bad Christmas Movies
- › Styleforum Interviews Yasuto Kamoshita of...
- › The Styleforum Brief: November 2014
- › Prof. Fab’s Holiday Gift Guide: In...
- › MEET THE PRESS
- › How to Survive the Holidays with Your...