85% Wool 15% Kid Mohair. Natural horsehair canvas interlinings, good quality for a suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on 10/18/14 at 7:15pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oscar Hunt
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1068
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16007 of 288697/15/12 at 6:43ampost #16008 of 288697/15/12 at 7:48ampost #16009 of 288697/15/12 at 7:56ampost #16010 of 288697/15/12 at 9:15ampost #16011 of 288697/15/12 at 11:57amThrifted this yesterday. I'm keeping, but for my own interest:
1. Anyone know what to call this material? It's cotton, thin and very crepe-like.
2. For the canucks out there. This is a Harry rosen private label, Made in Italy. Any idea who the maker is? The label is faded beyond reading
Thanks!post #16012 of 288697/15/12 at 12:06pmpost #16013 of 288697/15/12 at 12:30pm
Absolutely.Quote:Also, I am in need/wanting some loafers/drivers shoes. I am young; 20, so I don't particularly want completely leather loafers/tassal, but I am in love with the Sloop Slipon look - http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/thesloopslipon.aspx - but I don't think I could pull that off in my kind of crowd, as weird as that sounds.
For these, I was thinking around under $200/under $150. Obviously I don't have a very deep pocket!
A bit off topic..but I'm Australian, and summer seems to be creeping around the corner, or more the fact I am looking forward to it.
So I am looking for a nice pair of light, white linen pants, with a slight taper, a light blue would work as well.
Price: under $150.
Try some more traditional camp mocs rather than those stylized ones.
LL Bean's run about $100 I think. Other traditional preppy brands will make them, I don't know what's available down under.
As for linen pants, Old Navy puts out a pair every spring, generally based off their classic fit khakis, but I don't know if you have them down there. The quality is hardly gonna knock your socks off, but they fit pretty well and they work nicely to just beat around in.post #16014 of 288697/15/12 at 12:36pmpost #16015 of 288697/15/12 at 4:04pmpost #16016 of 288697/15/12 at 5:16pm
Is this a good choice for a black tow tie to wear to my wedding? It has a little bit of a pattern, but I figure it shouldn't be noticeable.
If you don't think so, suggestions on another bow tie to get? Preferably something pretty inexpensive like this.post #16017 of 288697/15/12 at 6:49pmpost #16018 of 288697/15/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
I'm ok with over $10. I probably will wear this so rarely that I'm not that concerned in durability though. As such, I'd rather not pay the $50+ I see on sites I can find them.post #16019 of 288697/15/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'd be more concerned with appearance than durability. Cheap silk looks bad and it gets worse the cheaper you go.
I understand not wanting to drop much on a one-use item, but there's some minimum threshold for a decent item.post #16020 of 288697/15/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
I would agree with Gibonius,
Anything less than $10 I would say would get you a very poorly weaved tie, and you wouldn't even know if its silk. For all you know, it could be polyester or microfibre. Tie Bar does decent ties for $15, they should last you a while and if GQ endorses them, you know that they're at least made of the silk they say they are made from. Plus, you never know when you may want to use the tie again. Go for a blue tie, chances are, you'll be able to use it more than once.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 50 seconds ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 1 minute ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 3 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 6 minutes ago
- › Romantic Europe meets NYC: the ROBERT GELLER thread 7 minutes ago
- › SNS Herning- fits? 7 minutes ago
- › Custom White's Boots ... Thoughts? 7 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 8 minutes ago
- › NBA 2014-2015 Season Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Men’s Jewellery Trends 2014/15
- › Watch and Jewellery Trends: Black on Black...
- › Trend Forecasting 2015: Men’s Accessories
- › Patek Philippe 175th Anniversary
- › Office Casual - The Death of the Neck Tie?
- › Best Website For The Movies?
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...