85% Wool 15% Kid Mohair. Natural horsehair canvas interlinings, good quality for a suit?
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Best stuff for spring and summer? Last post on 12/27/12 at 3:02am in Streetwear and Denim
- Mr. Porter Last post on 8/28/12 at 4:18pm in Classic Menswear
- When is 3 Piece Suit appropriate Last post on 7/3/13 at 6:13am in Classic Menswear
- What To Wear With Linen Pants Last post on 7/22/11 at 10:18am in Streetwear and Denim
- Dressing to look taller? Last post on 10/17/13 at 8:49pm in Classic Menswear
How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Last edited: 5/16/13
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Bison Made
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- Crane's Country Store
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Four Horsemen Shop
- GABE Tailored
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Hiras Fashion
- Howard Yount
- Hugh & Crye
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Malford of London
- Meermin Mallorca
- Moda Republic
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Street Bootmakers
- Passaggio Cravatte
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Roden Gray
- Saddleback Leather
- Self Edge
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- United Stock Dry Goods
- Upstate Stock
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1068
Styleforum Top Pickspost #16007 of 250737/15/12 at 6:43ampost #16008 of 250737/15/12 at 7:48ampost #16009 of 250737/15/12 at 7:56ampost #16010 of 250737/15/12 at 9:15ampost #16011 of 250737/15/12 at 11:57amThrifted this yesterday. I'm keeping, but for my own interest:
1. Anyone know what to call this material? It's cotton, thin and very crepe-like.
2. For the canucks out there. This is a Harry rosen private label, Made in Italy. Any idea who the maker is? The label is faded beyond reading
Thanks!post #16012 of 250737/15/12 at 12:06pmpost #16013 of 250737/15/12 at 12:30pm
Absolutely.Quote:Also, I am in need/wanting some loafers/drivers shoes. I am young; 20, so I don't particularly want completely leather loafers/tassal, but I am in love with the Sloop Slipon look - http://store.asuitablewardrobe.net/thesloopslipon.aspx - but I don't think I could pull that off in my kind of crowd, as weird as that sounds.
For these, I was thinking around under $200/under $150. Obviously I don't have a very deep pocket!
A bit off topic..but I'm Australian, and summer seems to be creeping around the corner, or more the fact I am looking forward to it.
So I am looking for a nice pair of light, white linen pants, with a slight taper, a light blue would work as well.
Price: under $150.
Try some more traditional camp mocs rather than those stylized ones.
LL Bean's run about $100 I think. Other traditional preppy brands will make them, I don't know what's available down under.
As for linen pants, Old Navy puts out a pair every spring, generally based off their classic fit khakis, but I don't know if you have them down there. The quality is hardly gonna knock your socks off, but they fit pretty well and they work nicely to just beat around in.post #16014 of 250737/15/12 at 12:36pmpost #16015 of 250737/15/12 at 4:04pmpost #16016 of 250737/15/12 at 5:16pm
Is this a good choice for a black tow tie to wear to my wedding? It has a little bit of a pattern, but I figure it shouldn't be noticeable.
If you don't think so, suggestions on another bow tie to get? Preferably something pretty inexpensive like this.post #16017 of 250737/15/12 at 6:49pmpost #16018 of 250737/15/12 at 7:29pmQuote:
I'm ok with over $10. I probably will wear this so rarely that I'm not that concerned in durability though. As such, I'd rather not pay the $50+ I see on sites I can find them.post #16019 of 250737/15/12 at 8:02pmQuote:
I'd be more concerned with appearance than durability. Cheap silk looks bad and it gets worse the cheaper you go.
I understand not wanting to drop much on a one-use item, but there's some minimum threshold for a decent item.post #16020 of 250737/15/12 at 8:57pmQuote:
I would agree with Gibonius,
Anything less than $10 I would say would get you a very poorly weaved tie, and you wouldn't even know if its silk. For all you know, it could be polyester or microfibre. Tie Bar does decent ties for $15, they should last you a while and if GQ endorses them, you know that they're at least made of the silk they say they are made from. Plus, you never know when you may want to use the tie again. Go for a blue tie, chances are, you'll be able to use it more than once.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread 42 seconds ago
- › my visit to Napoli & Mina @ Napoli Su Misura 51 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III 54 seconds ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › MEGA PEACOAT THREAD - 61 threads merged - all Peacoat questions HERE 1 minute ago
- › Dinner Recs in Chicago 1 minute ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 5 minutes ago
- › What music are you listening to lately? 5 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 5 minutes ago
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › Adidas x The Soloist Rod Laver Vin by BenMusch
- › Loake 1880 Aldwych by wurger
- › Herschel Ravine Black/Tan FA 12 by pfmicks
- › Vans Footwear The Barbour Classic Slip On Sneaker,10.5,Green by ATLnoob
- › Berg & Berg unlined silk bow tie (SS'13) by MTB-85
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques... by mimo
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits by LA Guy
- › San Francisco Shopping Map by ahilal
- › So you want to design your own clothes? by DaveJames
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras) by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &... by alyssaw
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans) by alyssaw