or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1057

post #15841 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanmjj View Post

does anyone have a recommendation for a belt that matches the walnut cliftons? can't find anything quite orangey enough.
It's really not necessary that belt and shoes match exactly. I'm not saying that red shoes with green belt is what you ought to be shooting for, but worrying about getting just the right amount of orange in your belt to perfectly match your walnut Cliftons isn't really required. So long as the colors are similar enough to work together harmoniously, you're probably fine. (In fact, some would maintain that such extreme attention to detail can be a negative thing, like spending 10 minutes fussily arranging a pocket square.)

Well, just a thought.
--
Michael
post #15842 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by dufferin1 View Post

$35 to get a blazer let out and $23 for sleeve shortening sound about right?
that's less than I pay, so I'd say yeah
post #15843 of 29369

Need a rubber soled chukka for fall/winter. 

 

Herring Strathclyde or Meermin?

 

Herring-Herring Strathclyde (Rubber)-Tan Grain-3074-1209-1.jpg

 

vs.

 

29_med.jpg

 

 

 

My main problem with the Herrings (who I frankly like to look of more) is that they are made in Portugal by god-knows-who-and-how (Herring "Continental" line). What experience do my esteemed fellow members have with these shoes?

post #15844 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolanmjj View Post

does anyone have a recommendation for a belt that matches the walnut cliftons? can't find anything quite orangey enough.
Allen Edmonds do their belts in the same colours as their shoes, including walnut. Though as mentioned above they don't need to match exactly so any mid-brown or orangey-brown belt will probably do.
post #15845 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariooo View Post


that's less than I pay, so I'd say yeah

Thanks. Is your name Mario? Mine is too haha

post #15846 of 29369
Does this shirt look like a twill or an oxford to you? I ordered a twill on Moderntailor, but it looks like an oxford to me:

469

469
post #15847 of 29369
Oxford cloth is a basket weave.

Notice the diagonal line (wale) in the fabric, most visible in the edge of the cuff. That is a characteristic of twill, not of oxford cloth.
post #15848 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post

Oxford cloth is a basket weave.
Notice the diagonal line (wale) in the fabric, most visible in the edge of the cuff. That is a characteristic of twill, not of oxford cloth.

Alright, thanks. I see it in the cuffs now. I just couldn't really see it in the body.
post #15849 of 29369
What type of tie construction is this? Made of one piece of silk with no lining or tipping - just like a traditional seven fold - but without the requisite number of folds. An unlined 3 fold? I'm just stumped because I've never seen this...

263
263
post #15850 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by amadar View Post

What type of tie construction is this? Made of one piece of silk with no lining or tipping - just like a traditional seven fold - but without the requisite number of folds. An unlined 3 fold? I'm just stumped because I've never seen this...
263
263

Yes, it is an unlined 3 fold.
post #15851 of 29369

My eBay package went "out for delivery" at 9 am yesterday. It's being shipped with USPS and the mail already came sans package. Should I be worried?

post #15852 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk View Post

My eBay package went "out for delivery" at 9 am yesterday. It's being shipped with USPS and the mail already came sans package. Should I be worried?

Is it priority mail? Priority is usually done by a different mail carrier than your normal mail delivery. Also, was their signature confirmation? they may have it at your local PO. I would call them
post #15853 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citan1145 View Post


Is it priority mail? Priority is usually done by a different mail carrier than your normal mail delivery. Also, was their signature confirmation? they may have it at your local PO. I would call them

 

I believe it is. So that's a different route than my normal mail courier?

post #15854 of 29369

I would like to know what do you guys think about wool and cashmere blend? Is it suitable for warm country? I've read some forums and some gentlement said it doesn't hold the crease well in the trouser. Any advice? thanks.

post #15855 of 29369
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheloniusDrunk View Post

I believe it is. So that's a different route than my normal mail courier?

It depends where you are. Often times priority or express mail gets delivered by someone else. I recently had one of the office employees run a priority package over - I only live about 15 blocks from the post office.

Also, unless they overnighted it or you live very close to the seller, it may take longer than two days. Priority is typically guaranteed in three.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here