or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 1053

post #15781 of 29118

Can this belt be used as a wedding belt for the groom ? Black suit, Black shoes, White shirt, Silver cufflinks.

 

$(KGrHqVHJCME8fY(zJS)BPLLuF8kMQ~~60_57.JPG

post #15782 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwaldron View Post

I don't believe there is a shoemaker anywhere around town, and the only place that sells Alden shoes carries nothing in stock.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post


If I am not mistaken, AE owns Woodlore. The trees are all the same. These are all better quality generic shoe trees, made of cedar. They are made with a left food and right foot. Less expensive trees may be completely generic, fitting either foot. They will work fine in your shoes. Just be sure to get the correct size.

 

Yes, AE owns woodlore. See here : http://woodlore.com/about/history.html

 

The wooden, split toe shoe tree pictured on that page is the thing you're looking for, rwaldron. The woodlore and Alden ones are very similar; I know because I have both. The Alden ones just cost more. Just don't buy plastic ones or ones that are sized too big for your shoe (check sizing charts). If there's no shoe shop or Nordstrom rack near you, then Amazon is a good option.

post #15783 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by galeron View Post

Colour for an unstructured linen blazer?
This is to be paired with jeans, mostly (indigo blue and black).
I know a navy blue blazer is the classic colour, but it feels like a khaki blazer would be more appropriate in this case?
*** Ideally this should be as versatile as possible, across a full range of colours (not just the jean colours that I currently have)

Go with navy then, there's nothing wrong with that.
post #15784 of 29118
But wouldn't the navy one clash with the indigo colour of the jeans? (dark blue on dark blue and all that)
post #15785 of 29118
BTW, I've just got measured on the weight scale. I've lost 2 more pounds. I'm 37 lbs. lighter and now 330 lbs. Getting better folks. What do you think of me losing two more pounds this week?
post #15786 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by doughboysc View Post

BTW, I've just got measured on the weight scale. I've lost 2 more pounds. I'm 37 lbs. lighter and now 330 lbs. Getting better folks. What do you think of me losing two more pounds this week?

Probably best discussed in the Health forum, mate.
post #15787 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post

Can this belt be used as a wedding belt for the groom ? Black suit, Black shoes, White shirt, Silver cufflinks.

350x189px-LL-b500775e_KGrHqVHJCME8fYzJSBPLLuF8kMQ60_57.jpeg

That will be fine, enjoy your wedding.
post #15788 of 29118

I have two Harvie and Hudson dress shirts that I recently noticed were really creased up. I had hand washed both of them and hung them to dry, and I must have not been careful because they each are incredibly creased up with lines. I tried to iron one this morning and had little luck getting it smooth. 

 

Can I fix this issue simply by throwing it in the washing machine and washing them in cold water? I really hope the shirts aren't ruined. 

post #15789 of 29118
Anyone who are familiar with Barba Napoli's sizing of shirts? I already own a Barba polo shirt, sized to 48 EU, will 16 US fit me nicely, or do I have to go down to a 15.75?
post #15790 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by galeron View Post

Colour for an unstructured linen blazer?
This is to be paired with jeans, mostly (indigo blue and black).
I know a navy blue blazer is the classic colour, but it feels like a khaki blazer would be more appropriate in this case?
*** Ideally this should be as versatile as possible, across a full range of colours (not just the jean colours that I currently have)

 

White is versatile like heck, love my white sc nod[1].gif

post #15791 of 29118
Maybe someone knows a little about jewellry.

I've been given one ring and one brooch. Both are stamped as 585 gold. I won't get to visit a jeweller to estimate them in the next few weeks, so I figured maybe someone of you could give a first rough estimate on whether they're likely junk other than the gold value (which I guess tongue.gif) or not.

Ring, 6.3 grams.

263
2 more pictures! (Click to show)
263

263

Brooch, 7.3 grams

263
3 more pictures (Click to show)
263

closing mechanism works perfectly fine
263

263
post #15792 of 29118

I've lurked here for some time and have learned quite a bit. I'd like to purchase my first good suit and I'm going the ebay/used route as my financial standing does not match my tastes/desires. I missed a really wonderful Armani recently by a few dollars just yesterday so now I'm looking agressively. I've come across the following listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190696415464

 

While the authenticity is all but certain and the measurements seem perfect, I'm trying to decide if I like the fabric and, furthermore, if this model is excessively outdated. I *think* I like it but something is giving me a bit of pause, but I suspect that might be because I was expecting to find a charcoal or subtle pinstripe suit. Oh esteemed style gurus, what say you?

post #15793 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas. View Post

Anyone who are familiar with Barba Napoli's sizing of shirts? I already own a Barba polo shirt, sized to 48 EU, will 16 US fit me nicely, or do I have to go down to a 15.75?

I imagine an EU48 will have something of a neck around 15.5-15.75.
post #15794 of 29118

How snugg should a shoe fit when I try it on in the store?

 

If I can feel the shoe fit against the heel when I stand and feel it tighten up against the heel when I walk, is that I sign that I should size up half a size?  

post #15795 of 29118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosroth View Post

How snugg should a shoe fit when I try it on in the store?

If I can feel the shoe fit against the heel when I stand and feel it tighten up against the heel when I walk, is that I sign that I should size up half a size?  

Depends on your feet and preference and shoe material (type of leather). Those of us with toughened feet due to wearing leather shoes for a good amount of time can be perfectly comfy in an initially snug fitting shoe. Tenderfoots may need to size up as you feet will get larger during the day.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here