Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Which Interview Outfit Is Better? With PICS Last post on 1/23/12 at 1:50pm in Classic Menswear
- The Tailors' Thread: Fit Feedback and Alteration Suggestions Last post on Yesterday at 2:33 pm in Classic Menswear
- WAYWRN Hall of Fame: pre-2010 Last post on 7/27/14 at 11:09am in Classic Menswear
- Tailor thinks suit is still too short -- what's your opinion? Last post on 6/2/11 at 10:16am in Classic Menswear
- (Official?) Fit Critique Thread Last post on 2/27/14 at 1:45pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- What Should I Wear To A Job Interview?Last edited: 7/25/13
- Andrew Lock
- ASPECD Apparel
- Awl & Sundry
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gentry NYC
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- Gramercy York
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Andrews Sartorial Luxury Collection
- Meermin Mallorca
- Modern Tailor
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- Nice Laundry
- No Man Walks Alone
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Roden Gray
- Sebastian Ward
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 894post #13396 of 285783/6/12 at 8:50pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #13397 of 285783/6/12 at 9:23pmQuote:
What I've seen sellers do is put a notification up on the main auction page at the top of the description; 'We'll be out of the shop from x to y, so be patient'.post #13398 of 285783/6/12 at 10:04pmpost #13399 of 285783/6/12 at 11:41pmpost #13400 of 285783/7/12 at 3:28amQuote:Originally Posted by Liam O
Quickpick for tomorrow morning, I'd be happier with a better OCBD in a very light blue, but that's not happening and I have to meet with a supplier right after class and I'd prefer to look something vaguely resembling sharp.
Options are organized as such in spoiler
These are pretty close to true to color. Just checking the combinations of fabrics, colors and patterns, no need for a fit critique.
Do tell me if I need to axe the square. I'm very bad at squares.
If you hate them all no need to respond.
Thanks to anyone who can advise.
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
All combinations, with the heavy textured jacket, paisley tie, and colorful ps is too much. Too many things competing for attention here. A plain tie and ps would look better I think.post #13401 of 285783/7/12 at 2:39pmpost #13402 of 285783/7/12 at 2:58pmpost #13403 of 285783/7/12 at 3:14pmQuote:
Shortening is possible, but is not a simple or cheap alteration.post #13404 of 285783/7/12 at 3:36pmQuote:
you cant move the pockets. shortening may bring the bottom up too close to the pockets.
measure your other suits pockets distance from the bottom.
measure on the distance on the suit in question. if shortening 1and 1/2 niches will only
bring the pocket 1/2 inch off your other suits pockets spacing then its ok.post #13405 of 285783/7/12 at 5:35pmpost #13406 of 285783/7/12 at 6:24pmpost #13407 of 285783/7/12 at 6:32pmpost #13408 of 285783/7/12 at 6:42pmpost #13409 of 285783/7/12 at 6:59pmpost #13410 of 285783/8/12 at 5:28am
Two quick questions:
- I submitted a post yesterday asking for opinions for a color palette to match a coat. The post included a couple small photos. As of this morning it has not appeared in the Men's Clothing sub forum. Is there a restriction on new user posts? Or did I post the question in the wrong sub forum?
- I understand what "drop" refers to in the context of a complete suit. What is it supposed to mean in the context of individually sold coats/blazers? I have a couple coats that display drop values on their tags. I'm wondering if they were previously part of a suit.
Thanks in advance
[Edited] Spoke too soon. It looks like my post has finally appeared. So the first question is no more.
Edited by criticalthinker - 3/8/12 at 11:54am
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
Currently, there are 1796 Active Users (389 Members and 1407 Guests)
- › iPhone 5 32GB Black Unlocked to any network 23 seconds ago
- › The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! 34 seconds ago
- › Sartoria Partenopea 100% Cashmere, Size 38 US / IT48 - Brand New /... 34 seconds ago
- › Netflix instant movie suggestions 51 seconds ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe - Official Affiliate Thread 57 seconds ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 1 minute ago
- › The new official TOJ thread, 2011 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 2 minutes ago
- › help with a ripped suit pant 4 minutes ago
- › LOAKE APPRECIATION & SHOE P0RN THREAD 4 minutes ago
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › Campbell Cooper Waxed Cotton Motorcycle Jacket by njhunt
- › J. Crew Rugged Classic Boots by Red Wing by _cameosis_
- › Loake Strand by wurger
- › The Tyre-Kicker's Diary: Watch Boutiques...
- › Choosing Men's Designer Suits
- › San Francisco Shopping Map
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Questionnaire and...
- › Styleforum Product Reviewer Terms of...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Start your...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Extras)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Jeans &...
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Cardigans)
- › Styleforum's Winter Getaway (Pullovers)