or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 888

post #13306 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

I recently acquired a dark brown Harris Tweed Jacket in a herringbone pattern. I want to throw some elbow patches on it but I'm having trouble deciding what color to get and there doesn't seem to be many options. Should I put dark brown elbow patches or use beige for more contrast? I can't seem to find any medium brown elbow patches online.


picture would help. Most of the chocolate brown tweeds I've seen tend to have reddish patches fwiw.

post #13307 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam O View Post



picture would help. Most of the chocolate brown tweeds I've seen tend to have reddish patches fwiw.

Thanks. I haven't seen any reddish patches during my search. Only really glaring bright red. Do you know any place online to buy them?

I added a picture of the jacket to the original post.
Edited by Kensington - 3/3/12 at 11:28pm
post #13308 of 29420

For anyone that drives with a clutch. Do you remove your leather footwear while driving to stop extra creasing on your left shoe?

 

 

post #13309 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensington View Post

I recently acquired a dark brown Harris Tweed Jacket in a herringbone pattern. I want to throw some elbow patches on it but I'm having trouble deciding what color to get and there doesn't seem to be many options.

i wouldn't do premade patches, it doesn't only widen your colour options.
post #13310 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngj View Post

For anyone that drives with a clutch. Do you remove your leather footwear while driving to stop extra creasing on your left shoe?


no
post #13311 of 29420

Would brown (unpleated) trousers go with a pink/blue striped shirt?? What about shoes, brown or black?

post #13312 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by hermesman69 View Post

Would brown (unpleated) trousers go with a pink/blue striped shirt?? What about shoes, brown or black?


Brown trousers go well with pink shirts, not sure about pink/blue striped, I would probably have to see the shirt and the trousers to judge.

With brown trousers you should always wear brown shoes, or possibly burgundy or some other colour, but never black.
post #13313 of 29420

thanks for the advice Sanguis.

 

heres a pic: IMG_0497.JPG

post #13314 of 29420

wont let me upload pics here yet without being inspected by moderators.

 

heres the shirt http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/img0496pk.jpg/

post #13315 of 29420

Can someone link me to a thread with good procedures that tells me clean the inside of a steam iron reservoir/water tank? I want to clean mine out because leaking a few months ago. I don't plan on using the steamer setting anymore, and will purchase a spray bottle.

post #13316 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joenobody0 View Post

Pig logo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMartNJ View Post



It's a sheep, not a pig.

Okay_guy.jpg

I don't think they were Black Fleece. Retail was $80 marked down to $40. I don't think Black Fleece has the size tag stitched into the collar. Maybe they were, but were from a very early season.
post #13317 of 29420
What does MC think of these shoes? Click for more pictures.

544
post #13318 of 29420

 

What is my face shape? What glasses/hairstyles would go well with it?

 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/441/imag0263p.jpg/

 

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/imag0262x.jpg/

 

Thanks!

post #13319 of 29420
Well suited for what you're wearing. I'm not a fan of longwings though. Just my preference.
post #13320 of 29420
Quote:
Originally Posted by forbritisheyes View Post

Can someone link me to a thread with good procedures that tells me clean the inside of a steam iron reservoir/water tank? I want to clean mine out because leaking a few months ago. I don't plan on using the steamer setting anymore, and will purchase a spray bottle.

I don't if there's a thread on it, but I run some white vinegar through it once a year to clean up deposits. If yours is exceptionally dirty or clogged up some CLR cleaner might help.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here