or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 835

post #12511 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJohny View Post

What do you think of this sport coat? Will it match jeans and navy chinos? It is on ebay for 15 English Pounds. Thanks.

350x467px-LL-74fa296d_SC1.jpeg350x467px-LL-d2b104bc_SC2.jpeg

Looks great for that. If you are buying on line, just make sure it fits you. Know your measurements.
post #12512 of 28796

Final thoughts on my outfit please.

 

What is the best color of tie to compliment/liven up the following for the spring time:

 

Relatively dark brown shoes/matching belt, dark navy suit, white french cuff shirt w/cufflinks.

 

Thanks,

post #12513 of 28796
Does anyone know of any blogs or lookbooks online focusing on just navy suits? I've looked through the "In Praise of Navy" thread and WAYWRN threads but I'd like to see if there is anything else out there that you guys have come across.
post #12514 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JstGettngStartd View Post

Final thoughts on my outfit please.

What is the best color of tie to compliment/liven up the following for the spring time:

Relatively dark brown shoes/matching belt, dark navy suit, white french cuff shirt w/cufflinks.

Thanks,

Number one get rid of the french cuffs. That will liven it up nicely for the spring. As for the tie maybe a green grenadine, or a repp tie.
post #12515 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastyle View Post

Does anyone know of any blogs or lookbooks online focusing on just navy suits? I've looked through the "In Praise of Navy" thread and WAYWRN threads but I'd like to see if there is anything else out there that you guys have come across.

No, but what are you looking for? confused.gif

Navy is just a color not a discipline.
post #12516 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

No, but what are you looking for? confused.gif
Navy is just a color not a discipline.

I guess it is too specific. I'm just trying to get an idea of tie and pocket square combinations to go with a navy suit.
post #12517 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastyle View Post

I guess it is too specific. I'm just trying to get an idea of tie and pocket square combinations to go with a navy suit.

Honestly, almost anything. Navy is such a blank canvas. I would look at the WAYWRN thread and the WAYWRN CBD thread.
post #12518 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post

Honestly, almost anything. Navy is such a blank canvas. I would look at the WAYWRN thread and the WAYWRN CBD thread.

I'm probably just over thinking things. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check those out.
post #12519 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texastyle View Post

I'm probably just over thinking things. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure to check those out.

Another thing is not to be too matchy-matchy. I generally think what looks best is to somewhat match your tie with your shirt and have a pocketsquare that is somewhat unrelated to both. Examples: You could probably look in any of their image hosting sites to see other examples, I am sure.

i-c4C4VbT-XL.jpg
IMG00182-20111111-1148.jpg
6166991441_588ac87bf5_z.jpg
post #12520 of 28796

Can I get some feedback on the fit of this jacket? Bad pants color and untied shoes need not be pointed out shog[1].gif

 

DSCN0638.JPGDSCN0639.JPG

post #12521 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiSpiegel View Post


Well they are definitely not an oxford/balmoral style boot. They have a blutcher cut, but styled more like a chukka boot. The toe shape is unusually square as well, especially if it is indeed exotic skin. Maybe someone else can chime in.


 



Quote:
Originally Posted by NPHAF View Post


I would simply call them chukkas, if they are in croc, aligator or whatever leather, I can't tell you.


Thank you both for your responses. Sounds great. I was told by the shop that it was short hornback alligator, but I didn't know if there was strictly a hornback alligator or if there was a hornback crocodile as well. I bought them in Austin, Texas and when I asked the shop said a local celebrity was selling them, specifically an athlete, but they wouldn't reveal his name. The only Austin athlete I know of with this size foot would be Tour de France Champion Lance Armstrong and although they wouldn't say who, they did smile very big when I said his name. It could explain the very high arches in these considering a cyclist would have pronounced arches over many years time from the racing pedals such as a Shimano XTR970 or 980. That and it would be hard to purchase these shoes without going into the boutiques themselves which at the present I can't do. Well thank you once again! I'm keeping them no matter what. Over here in south Texas, nobody has seen any similiar boots.

post #12522 of 28796

Hi!  I can't read the handwritten size on the label of these Silvano Lattanzis.  Can anybody out there tell me what the last part of the third line of text means?  Thanks beforehand, -M-

 

P1040494.JPG

 

Silvano Lattanzi

Espressamente per

LOUIS BOSTON

mod. SINGAPORE [???] < What is this?

post #12523 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


Number one get rid of the french cuffs. That will liven it up nicely for the spring. As for the tie maybe a green grenadine, or a repp tie.


Thanks. If I may ask, what is wrong with french cuffs? I see it quite a bit around my workplace as well as some posts on here.

post #12524 of 28796
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post


Number one get rid of the french cuffs. That will liven it up nicely for the spring. As for the tie maybe a green grenadine, or a repp tie.


Thanks. If I may ask, what is wrong with french cuffs? I see it quite a bit around my workplace as well as some posts on here.

post #12525 of 28796
i like the color of the jacket above.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here