or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 9

post #121 of 29123
Hi, guys. I was hoping one of you could help me identify this shoe;



Im pretty sure its the Santoni Lambert Oxford, but I cant seem to find the light brown shade anywhere.

If anyone knows where they might be found, that would be great.
(pref. online)

thanks.
post #122 of 29123
I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ nor any subforum which deals specifically with this kind of question. I post to several other forums which use the same software as SF. I have no problem posting photos to them using the "insert image" link. I store my photos on the server that hosts my website and domain name. This works everytime there is no risk that the photo will be deleted as too old by such services as Imageshack (I see literally hundreds of missing photos from imageshack in the shoeporn thread). However, when I do this in this forum all I get in "Preview" is a hyperlink...albeit it is a valid hyperlink (so I know the address is correct). What am I doing wrong?
post #123 of 29123
Getzione,

I'm not able to identify that particular shoe, but if you're looking for a double monk you should consider Sid Mashburn of Atlanta. His version is custom made for him and is made by Alfred Sargeant. I've seen it in person, and it's a very impressive and beautiful shoe. He doesn't do online orders but you can call the store and they'll mail you the shoes. His store has excellent customer service. Here's the link, just click on the dress shoe link and the monk straps will be the first ones.

http://www.sidmashburn.com/products.html
post #124 of 29123
Does anyone know much about Mauro Grifoni suits? I did a search here and there isn't much information (pretty much nothing at all). I don't know if that's worrisome. Also, any input/thoughts on this particular suit would be very helpful. Thanks! http://www.yoox.com/item/YOOX/MAURO+...A/sts/sr_men80
post #125 of 29123
Quick question about the care of a moleskin or camel hair coat. How do you prolong its life and is there anything you can do when wear starts to show the weave underneath the soft pile? Thanks.
post #126 of 29123
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Day Man View Post
I have a few sweaters (cashmere, wool) that spent the summer on a hanger in my closet. Now it seems like all the shoulders have a bump where the hanger stretched them. Is there any way to fix this?

First, as I am sure that you have surmised, sweaters are meant to be folded when not worn - do not put them on hangers. Second, to remove those bumps, have them dry cleaned, or wash them in wool lite (by hand in a sink) and dry them on a flat surface like a carpet or on the bed with a blanket or something similar covering the bed.

When you dry the sweater in this manner, "block" it out. What I mean is shape the sweater into its natural state while still wet, smoothing out all wrinkles as you go. Leave it in its blocked condition until completely dry. DO NOT under any circumstances put a sweater in the dryer. If you do, you will be buying a new replacement sweater.
post #127 of 29123
Quote:
Originally Posted by DWFII View Post
I apologize if this is in the wrong place. I couldn't find an answer in the FAQ nor any subforum which deals specifically with this kind of question.

I post to several other forums which use the same software as SF. I have no problem posting photos to them using the "insert image" link. I store my photos on the server that hosts my website and domain name. This works everytime there is no risk that the photo will be deleted as too old by such services as Imageshack (I see literally hundreds of missing photos from imageshack in the shoeporn thread).

However, when I do this in this forum all I get in "Preview" is a hyperlink...albeit it is a valid hyperlink (so I know the address is correct).

What am I doing wrong?

I think you might be leaving out the [IMG][/IMG] tags.
post #128 of 29123
I usually wear my sleeves around 34-35 inches (measure from the upper back). What does that usually translate into just sleeve length for a shirt? Sometimes I see shirts advertised as 24" sleeves, obviously that is not from the upper back! So where would I stand roughly?
post #129 of 29123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognacad View Post
I usually wear my sleeves around 34-35 inches (measure from the upper back). What does that usually translate into just sleeve length for a shirt? Sometimes I see shirts advertised as 24" sleeves, obviously that is not from the upper back! So where would I stand roughly?

I recommend buying a cloth tape measure and measuring from your shoulder to your wrist. That will give you the best length for you.
post #130 of 29123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognacad View Post
I usually wear my sleeves around 34-35 inches (measure from the upper back). What does that usually translate into just sleeve length for a shirt? Sometimes I see shirts advertised as 24" sleeves, obviously that is not from the upper back! So where would I stand roughly?

34-35 is a shirt sleeve measurement taken from the center point of the yoke where the collar meets the shirt, over the shoulder down the length of the arm. Best to follow the natural curve of the arm to about 1 1/2" below your wrist bone. That is the only way to accurately measure a shirt sleeve although some may measure with the arm raised and bent at the elbow, they are relatively similar. 24 may come from measuring from the shoulder seam (sleeve sewn onto shirt body at top of sleeve) to the bottom of the cuff. This will not transfer to an accurate measurement due to the variation of yoke measurements. If half the yoke measurement is 10, you have a 34" sleeve. If half the yoke measurement is 11", you have a 35" sleeve. The inch may make a difference on how well the sleeve length works for you.
post #131 of 29123
Yes I understand the difference in measuring and I know that taking into account yoke size is important, I am just curious since often in posts here when people sell shirts they state sleeve length as 23 1/4" for instance or 27. I guess I will just have to measure my other shirts and see what the average is. I am assuming its the inseam of the arm?
post #132 of 29123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cognacad View Post
Yes I understand the difference in measuring and I know that taking into account yoke size is important, I am just curious since often in posts here when people sell shirts they state sleeve length as 23 1/4" for instance or 27. I guess I will just have to measure my other shirts and see what the average is. I am assuming its the inseam of the arm?

That will not be accurate because depth/height of armhole will differ with every make and that changes the length. There is really only one way to measure the length for accuracy and even then there is variation.
post #133 of 29123
Hey guys, I founds these shirts on a overseas fake web site. I was wondering if there are any online stores in the USA that sell a similar style. I like the shiny look. The brand doesn't matter. I just previewed and 2 shirts didnt show up. You can e-mail me links at ozonetrash at yahoo dot com if links aren't allowed here. Thanks, Steve http://www.dolcefugo.com/images/larg...hirt_282_a.jpg http://www.dolcefugo.com/images/larg...hirt_281_a.jpg
post #134 of 29123
Can I wear a white dress shirt with pinstripes, with a pinstripe suit?
post #135 of 29123
Any recs for a cheap wool tie? I like this jcrew one but it is more than I would like to spend: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...0876/20876.jsp
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here