or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here - Page 706

post #10576 of 28664

I'm looking for a pair of dress shoes in black.  Budget is $200.  Where would be a good place to start looking?  I know I'm not going to get the greatest, most comfortable shoes but my current shoes are very uncomfortable.  


Edited by Tyler2106 - 10/21/11 at 12:10pm
post #10577 of 28664
Hey guys,

Can someone let me know from these two pictures whether or not these pants have a "split waistband," and as such, can be taken out in the waist?

Thank you!

Photo_Oct_21_3_36_31_PM.jpg

Photo_Oct_21_3_36_56_PM.jpg
post #10578 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler2106 View Post

I'm looking for a pair of dress shoes in black.  Budget is $200.  Where would be a good place to start looking?  I know I'm not going to get the greatest, most comfortable shoes but my current shoes are very uncomfortable.  


have you tried on allen edmonds shoes?
if you like the AE fit and style, message "allaboutshoes" on this forum and ask him about the model, size, and color of the one you want
you can get most of them for $230-245
first quality, brand new in box with the shoe bags

i just ordered a pair of AE horsebit loafers (the verona model) through him and received them very quickly
and saved $100
post #10579 of 28664
Has anyone here seen a suit coat with only one side pocket flap on it? Ebay purchase, all in all very nice suit (in my inexperienced opinion). I took it to the tailor before realizing the oddity of only have a pocket flap on one side (I know, how could I have possibly missed that!). Is this some sort of freak-suit?

It is Burberry London, if the brand matters.

Thanks,
Bill
post #10580 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by jslade View Post

Hey guys,

Can someone let me know from these two pictures whether or not these pants have a "split waistband," and as such, can be taken out in the waist?

Thank you!

Yes, that is a split waistband. There looks to be about 1.5 inches seam allowance on either side so you could probably let them out as much as 3 inches, though that much might space the back pockets oddly far apart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wogmail View Post

Has anyone here seen a suit coat with only one side pocket flap on it? Ebay purchase, all in all very nice suit (in my inexperienced opinion). I took it to the tailor before realizing the oddity of only have a pocket flap on one side (I know, how could I have possibly missed that!). Is this some sort of freak-suit?

It is Burberry London, if the brand matters.

Thanks,
Bill

Sounds very weird. You could always have the one flap removed, or just keep it tucked into the pocket.
post #10581 of 28664
so no one can answer me... thanks.
post #10582 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihambrecht View Post

so no one can answer me... thanks.

Around here we subscribe to the "if you can't say anything nice..." policy.
post #10583 of 28664
Thanks for the help, Sanguis Mortuum! Much appreciated. smile.gif
post #10584 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


have you tried on allen edmonds shoes?
if you like the AE fit and style, message "allaboutshoes" on this forum and ask him about the model, size, and color of the one you want
you can get most of them for $230-245
first quality, brand new in box with the shoe bags
i just ordered a pair of AE horsebit loafers (the verona model) through him and received them very quickly
and saved $100


Have you worn a pair of AE shoes before or is that your first order?  I'm curious how comfortable they are.  My job consists of being on my feet most of the day so I don't want something that will hurt my feet after a few hours.

 

post #10585 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post


have you tried on allen edmonds shoes?
if you like the AE fit and style, message "allaboutshoes" on this forum and ask him about the model, size, and color of the one you want
you can get most of them for $230-245
first quality, brand new in box with the shoe bags
i just ordered a pair of AE horsebit loafers (the verona model) through him and received them very quickly
and saved $100


I found out there is a store near my house that carries AE shoes.  I'm going to go check them out.  Thanks!

post #10586 of 28664
Can I wear a Black Jacket with Charcoal pants, white shirt, blue tie and black shoes to a semi-formal/formal dinner? Any suggestions to improve on this.
post #10587 of 28664
anyone know what kind of paint/dye i could use on a leather brogue?
post #10588 of 28664

Not sure if this is the right place to post or if this should be a separate thread, but of the ties I have which ones should I get rid of? A lot of these were hand-me-downs or gifted to me, but I'd like to build my own style.

 

QDJS5h.jpg

RpSOPh.jpg

PI0Rnh.jpg

wwhUYh.jpg

post #10589 of 28664
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemedstudent View Post

Not sure if this is the right place to post or if this should be a separate thread, but of the ties I have which ones should I get rid of? A lot of these were hand-me-downs or gifted to me, but I'd like to build my own style.

 

QDJS5h.jpg

RpSOPh.jpg

PI0Rnh.jpg

wwhUYh.jpg


Donate them all and buy ties that you like and fit into your style.
post #10590 of 28664
Purple (or Burgundy) Moleskin pants by Barbour. An olive/hunter green jumper, a blue gingham RL button down shirt... And a wax jacket...

I have it on right now and think it works... but is the shirt ok? I originally had brown pants on but remembered I bought these so said I'd wear them... should I change the shrit>
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here