Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 4:32 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Today at 8:18 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 656
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9827 of 310719/1/11 at 12:59pmpost #9828 of 310719/1/11 at 1:34pmpost #9829 of 310719/1/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
I'd go with a darker color for college. My backpack was beat to shit and generally replaced each year (granted I was generally using North Face backpacks, etc). Even if you don't replace it you'll collect so much dirt and what not with the white one it's going to be gray before long. Plus white can be seen as very seasonal, depending on how it's worn. Dunno where you're going to school but being sleeted on wearing a white backpack seems a little odd.post #9830 of 310719/1/11 at 4:01pmpost #9831 of 310719/1/11 at 5:17pmQuote:
That is a shawl collar dinner jacket. Good maker too.
Is it really dark green? The color and fabric make it a bit of an 'odd bird'. But you should be able to find a buyer.
What size is it?post #9832 of 310719/1/11 at 5:37pmpost #9833 of 310719/1/11 at 6:09pmpost #9834 of 310719/1/11 at 8:06pmpost #9835 of 310719/1/11 at 10:47pmQuote:
It's a green (corduroy? velvet? Can you post a close up of the fabric?) dinner jacket. Formalwear- ie, to be worn as what you might call a tuxedo. The covered button is simply a detail used in such garments.post #9836 of 310719/2/11 at 8:31ampost #9837 of 310719/2/11 at 8:51ampost #9838 of 310719/2/11 at 2:30pmi'm in search of a new brown leather belt..
but... if i am shopping online, how can i tell the quality of the leather? ...
unless if i am already familiar with the brand and such
anyone understand what i'm saying?
i would like a decent quality leather in light brown to match my new shoespost #9839 of 310719/3/11 at 11:29pmHi all:
I just got some outstanding denim Mabitex pants from B&S (a slim, modern cut, not the clown type from the 70's). My question is: what would you guys wear with denim chinos? In a way that emphasizes their chino-ness? I ask because I generally wear untucked shirts on the weekends; when I do, they just look like nice jeans. Rather than frou-frou Itallian jean pants.
Also, I'm sure this will get me laughed off SF, but...they are made of denim. Can I expect these to...fade?
Edited by noob in 89 - 9/5/11 at 12:11ampost #9840 of 310719/4/11 at 11:21am
What doo you guys reckon this guy from the Heineken commerical is wearing? I love this advert by the way.
Seems like a navy blue jacket, no cummerbund/braces, tuxedo shirt and black bow tie? Is this a respectable black-tie look?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1469 Active Users (329 Members and 1140 Guests)
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 1 minute ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 1 minute ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 2 minutes ago
- › Help! Suit sleeve problems 2 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 3 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Carmina Shoes - Official Affiliate Thread 4 minutes ago
- › "What I'm Selling on eBay" - member auctions 4 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 9 minutes ago
- › All Things Hippity and Hoppity 11 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...