Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 4:05 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 656post #9826 of 331339/1/11 at 1:34pmpost #9827 of 331339/1/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
I'd go with a darker color for college. My backpack was beat to shit and generally replaced each year (granted I was generally using North Face backpacks, etc). Even if you don't replace it you'll collect so much dirt and what not with the white one it's going to be gray before long. Plus white can be seen as very seasonal, depending on how it's worn. Dunno where you're going to school but being sleeted on wearing a white backpack seems a little odd.post #9828 of 331339/1/11 at 4:01pmpost #9829 of 331339/1/11 at 5:17pmQuote:
That is a shawl collar dinner jacket. Good maker too.
Is it really dark green? The color and fabric make it a bit of an 'odd bird'. But you should be able to find a buyer.
What size is it?post #9830 of 331339/1/11 at 5:37pmpost #9831 of 331339/1/11 at 6:09pmpost #9832 of 331339/1/11 at 8:06pmpost #9833 of 331339/1/11 at 10:47pmQuote:
It's a green (corduroy? velvet? Can you post a close up of the fabric?) dinner jacket. Formalwear- ie, to be worn as what you might call a tuxedo. The covered button is simply a detail used in such garments.post #9834 of 331339/2/11 at 8:31ampost #9835 of 331339/2/11 at 8:51ampost #9836 of 331339/2/11 at 2:30pmi'm in search of a new brown leather belt..
but... if i am shopping online, how can i tell the quality of the leather? ...
unless if i am already familiar with the brand and such
anyone understand what i'm saying?
i would like a decent quality leather in light brown to match my new shoespost #9837 of 331339/3/11 at 11:29pmHi all:
I just got some outstanding denim Mabitex pants from B&S (a slim, modern cut, not the clown type from the 70's). My question is: what would you guys wear with denim chinos? In a way that emphasizes their chino-ness? I ask because I generally wear untucked shirts on the weekends; when I do, they just look like nice jeans. Rather than frou-frou Itallian jean pants.
Also, I'm sure this will get me laughed off SF, but...they are made of denim. Can I expect these to...fade?
Edited by noob in 89 - 9/5/11 at 12:11ampost #9838 of 331339/4/11 at 11:21am
What doo you guys reckon this guy from the Heineken commerical is wearing? I love this advert by the way.
Seems like a navy blue jacket, no cummerbund/braces, tuxedo shirt and black bow tie? Is this a respectable black-tie look?post #9839 of 331339/4/11 at 9:45pmpost #9840 of 331339/4/11 at 11:32pmI just bought this suit on eBay. It's a BB Golden Fleece, and I'm wondering if anyone has a shirt/tie/PS combination to recommend. I'm thinking light blue shirt with navy or brown grenadine and solid or subtly patterned PS.
Anyone got a killer combo suggestion?
Pattern closeup (Click to show)
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
Currently, there are 1369 Active Users (246 Members and 1123 Guests)
- › The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice,... 55 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 2 minutes ago
- › LUXURY ZILLI STRIPED DRESS SHIRT 4 minutes ago
- › WTF over-zealous police? 5 minutes ago
- › new Yoox codes and sales - post them here 8 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 9 minutes ago
- › Beautiful and Versatile Fall/WinterGrey Wool Ties 10 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 11 minutes ago
- › LuxeSwap - Official Affiliate Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 14 minutes ago
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Clark Street Casual Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...