Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 7:06 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 656
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9827 of 313639/1/11 at 12:59pmpost #9828 of 313639/1/11 at 1:34pmpost #9829 of 313639/1/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
I'd go with a darker color for college. My backpack was beat to shit and generally replaced each year (granted I was generally using North Face backpacks, etc). Even if you don't replace it you'll collect so much dirt and what not with the white one it's going to be gray before long. Plus white can be seen as very seasonal, depending on how it's worn. Dunno where you're going to school but being sleeted on wearing a white backpack seems a little odd.post #9830 of 313639/1/11 at 4:01pmpost #9831 of 313639/1/11 at 5:17pmQuote:
That is a shawl collar dinner jacket. Good maker too.
Is it really dark green? The color and fabric make it a bit of an 'odd bird'. But you should be able to find a buyer.
What size is it?post #9832 of 313639/1/11 at 5:37pmpost #9833 of 313639/1/11 at 6:09pmpost #9834 of 313639/1/11 at 8:06pmpost #9835 of 313639/1/11 at 10:47pmQuote:
It's a green (corduroy? velvet? Can you post a close up of the fabric?) dinner jacket. Formalwear- ie, to be worn as what you might call a tuxedo. The covered button is simply a detail used in such garments.post #9836 of 313639/2/11 at 8:31ampost #9837 of 313639/2/11 at 8:51ampost #9838 of 313639/2/11 at 2:30pmi'm in search of a new brown leather belt..
but... if i am shopping online, how can i tell the quality of the leather? ...
unless if i am already familiar with the brand and such
anyone understand what i'm saying?
i would like a decent quality leather in light brown to match my new shoespost #9839 of 313639/3/11 at 11:29pmHi all:
I just got some outstanding denim Mabitex pants from B&S (a slim, modern cut, not the clown type from the 70's). My question is: what would you guys wear with denim chinos? In a way that emphasizes their chino-ness? I ask because I generally wear untucked shirts on the weekends; when I do, they just look like nice jeans. Rather than frou-frou Itallian jean pants.
Also, I'm sure this will get me laughed off SF, but...they are made of denim. Can I expect these to...fade?
Edited by noob in 89 - 9/5/11 at 12:11ampost #9840 of 313639/4/11 at 11:21am
What doo you guys reckon this guy from the Heineken commerical is wearing? I love this advert by the way.
Seems like a navy blue jacket, no cummerbund/braces, tuxedo shirt and black bow tie? Is this a respectable black-tie look?
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
Currently, there are 1191 Active Users (169 Members and 1022 Guests)
- › Cars We Drive! 2 minutes ago
- › The Look goes on... 6 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, EG, GG, Bonafe, Saint Crispin's -... 7 minutes ago
- › 2015 MLB Season Thread 8 minutes ago
- › 2015-2016 Official Football / Soccer Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 9 minutes ago
- › Nigel Cabourn 15 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** 16 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 20 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 20 minutes ago
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Hong Kong
- › Deals of the Week, September 21, 2015
- › The Buyer's Guide to Fall Jackets
- › Why Flight Jackets Make the Best Autumn...
- › Shirt Jackets: A Study in Indecision
- › Autumn Fabrics: Tweed
- › Announcing the winner of the Kent Wang...
- › Styleforum Visits Viberg Boot Company
- › Mohair: A Little-Known Hot-Weather Cloth
- › The Myth of the Nice Guy: Baseball’s...