In my opinion,A gentleman will match his socks to his mood,A businessman will match his sock to his trouser color.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 649
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9722 of 321908/25/11 at 10:29pmTried on some Lombard's and feel comfy, but when I walk it feels like my heel could come out of the shoe although I don't think it ever will. Is this considered heel slippage? There was no gap in the back, so I don't think its too large. Will this go away after they've been broken in?
Also, best to get a little snug because itll stretch out over time? How would I know if it is too tight at the sides?post #9723 of 321908/26/11 at 7:14amQuote:Originally Posted by easy_golfing
Tried on some Lombard's and feel comfy, but when I walk it feels like my heel could come out of the shoe although I don't think it ever will. Is this considered heel slippage? There was no gap in the back, so I don't think its too large. Will this go away after they've been broken in?
Also, best to get a little snug because itll stretch out over time? How would I know if it is too tight at the sides?
Ah yeah AE Lombards are very nice and an essential IMO. Have an SA help you find your shoe size and shoe width.post #9724 of 321908/26/11 at 7:29ampost #9725 of 321908/26/11 at 7:30ampost #9726 of 321908/26/11 at 7:56ampost #9727 of 321908/26/11 at 11:17ampost #9728 of 321908/26/11 at 7:13pmpost #9729 of 321908/26/11 at 11:55pmQuote:
it's above what you said but I think it's a solid choice.
http://www.allenedmonds.com/aeonline/product_6507914_1_40000000001_-1?top_category=120552post #9730 of 321908/26/11 at 11:56pmpost #9731 of 321908/27/11 at 10:50amI can't believe I'm asking this question here, but I was at my tailor's, referring my friend for a suit and was there for the commission, and I got too excited and got myself another bespoke commissioned as well - it's a grey cloth with purple stripes. I like the fabric, it feels decent and I like the colors, but I'm about to pick it up and I have no idea what palette of colors I can make work with this thing... Anybody with decent taste got any suggestions? I don't like anything loud.post #9732 of 321908/27/11 at 10:59ampost #9733 of 321908/27/11 at 11:17am
Tried making a post about this, but it was held back because I just joined. Then I noticed this thread. Really need help finding a cap like this. It is not an ordinary flatcap/newboy/driver's cap. Note the very short brim, lack of button on top and a few other unusual details. I have been searching on and off for over a year trying to find one of these. Never even seen another one. Please help!post #9734 of 321908/27/11 at 12:05pmpost #9735 of 321908/27/11 at 12:31pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 1 minute ago
- › The Ultimate Toronto Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Best Value Tailor in Hong Kong 4 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 19 minutes ago
- › The Watch Appreciation Thread - Part Three 22 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 26 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 30 minutes ago
- › Skoaktiebolaget - Carmina, Bonafè, Carlos Santos, Saint Crispin's,... 33 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Thread (Pictures, reviews, sizing,... 40 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?