Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 12:58 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 6:07 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Today at 12:10 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 635
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9512 of 303578/5/11 at 8:24pmpost #9513 of 303578/5/11 at 10:32pmpost #9514 of 303578/5/11 at 11:07pmpost #9515 of 303578/5/11 at 11:09pmQuote:
Measuring on your own body isn't easy. Depending on why might be better to measure something that fits you well.
If you just want a shoulder measurement do an over the arm measurement.post #9516 of 303578/5/11 at 11:10pmpost #9517 of 303578/5/11 at 11:31pmpost #9518 of 303578/6/11 at 11:34ampost #9519 of 303578/6/11 at 12:02pmI just had one of my pairs of Church's resoled at the local cobbler. He put on soles with the following label:
MADE IN ITALY
There is no sign of Goodyear Welt on the sole of the shoe, as was visible on the original soles. The upper does appear to be welted to something (midsole?).
Are the soles only glued to a midsole or was some other 'invisible' welt used? Can anyone help me understand the procedure the cobbler may have used? I paid $100 for both shoes. Did I pay a fair price? This is the first pair of shoes I've had resoled. Aesthetically, they look great.post #9520 of 303578/6/11 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by nokelly
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds strand shoes and some combination toe cedar shoe trees... I won't be wearing the shoes for a couple of months should I put the shoe trees in the shoes and leave them in their shoe bags until I wear them or would it be best to just leave them in the shoe bags with no shoe trees? Does it make a difference?
I don't think it makes a difference. The shoe trees are primarily there to maintain the shape and remove moisture after they've been worn. As long as they aren't being squished in the box you should be fine to use those trees in another pair of shoes for the time being.post #9521 of 303578/6/11 at 1:35pmpost #9522 of 303578/6/11 at 4:57pmpost #9523 of 303578/6/11 at 6:46pmpost #9524 of 303578/6/11 at 10:21pmpost #9525 of 303578/7/11 at 7:50pm
Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a quick question. I've always taken pride in the way I look but I've recently come to realize that my clothes don't fit my body type very well. I'm 5'7 and thin, most of clothes seem to fit pretty loose and I would prefer a European/slimmer type fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change to cut of my clothes? Would it even be cost efficient? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your advice!
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The Ultimate Vass (Footwear) Porn Thread 20 seconds ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 GEt yoUR lovE BaCK BY vashikaran in usa 3 minutes ago
- › WTB: MKI Single Rider Suede Jacket 6 minutes ago
- › Australian Members 6 minutes ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Theard 7 minutes ago
- › Buying and Selling on eBay: Tips, Tricks, Problems & Questions 11 minutes ago
- › Official Sales Alert thread 13 minutes ago
- › SOLD: NAPOLISUMISURA bespoke grey suit -- about size 36/38 -- forza... 21 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread 22 minutes ago
- › LOVe proBLEm +919799138999 )) GEt yoUR lov LOVe proBLEm... 24 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...