Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:58 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- Classic Menswear Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 1:32 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 635
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9512 of 310768/5/11 at 8:24pmpost #9513 of 310768/5/11 at 10:32pmpost #9514 of 310768/5/11 at 11:07pmpost #9515 of 310768/5/11 at 11:09pmQuote:
Measuring on your own body isn't easy. Depending on why might be better to measure something that fits you well.
If you just want a shoulder measurement do an over the arm measurement.post #9516 of 310768/5/11 at 11:10pmpost #9517 of 310768/5/11 at 11:31pmpost #9518 of 310768/6/11 at 11:34ampost #9519 of 310768/6/11 at 12:02pmI just had one of my pairs of Church's resoled at the local cobbler. He put on soles with the following label:
MADE IN ITALY
There is no sign of Goodyear Welt on the sole of the shoe, as was visible on the original soles. The upper does appear to be welted to something (midsole?).
Are the soles only glued to a midsole or was some other 'invisible' welt used? Can anyone help me understand the procedure the cobbler may have used? I paid $100 for both shoes. Did I pay a fair price? This is the first pair of shoes I've had resoled. Aesthetically, they look great.post #9520 of 310768/6/11 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by nokelly
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds strand shoes and some combination toe cedar shoe trees... I won't be wearing the shoes for a couple of months should I put the shoe trees in the shoes and leave them in their shoe bags until I wear them or would it be best to just leave them in the shoe bags with no shoe trees? Does it make a difference?
I don't think it makes a difference. The shoe trees are primarily there to maintain the shape and remove moisture after they've been worn. As long as they aren't being squished in the box you should be fine to use those trees in another pair of shoes for the time being.post #9521 of 310768/6/11 at 1:35pmpost #9522 of 310768/6/11 at 4:57pmpost #9523 of 310768/6/11 at 6:46pmpost #9524 of 310768/6/11 at 10:21pmpost #9525 of 310768/7/11 at 7:50pm
Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a quick question. I've always taken pride in the way I look but I've recently come to realize that my clothes don't fit my body type very well. I'm 5'7 and thin, most of clothes seem to fit pretty loose and I would prefer a European/slimmer type fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change to cut of my clothes? Would it even be cost efficient? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your advice!
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Official Sales Alert thread 3 minutes ago
- › Reasons why New York Sucks 3 minutes ago
- › The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II 3 minutes ago
- › J FitzPatrick Appreciation Thread 10 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 10 minutes ago
- › Meermin Mallorca Shoes 13 minutes ago
- › 38S/R RLPL St. Andrews Navy 3-Button Suit 14 minutes ago
- › DELETE THIS 18 minutes ago
- › Style help 19 minutes ago
- › JOHN LOBB BLACK TWO-EYELET DERBY UK 8E 34 minutes ago
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Styleforum Visits Blue Blue Japan
- › Styleforum Eats its Way Through Tokyo
- › David Looks Back at Pitti Uomo 88
- › Streetstyle: The Best Pictures From Pitti...
- › The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five...
- › Help! I need a suit for a wedding!
- › What I learned from my own wedding day, and...
- › Look nice, Dammit: Why you should care - and...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...