Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 7/2/15 at 4:16am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on Yesterday at 8:07 am in Classic Menswear
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 6:12 am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 10:11 am in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- Mad Men Is Totally Wrong About Suits and I Hate ItLast edited: 5/7/15
- Lanieri Presents: Deep Into the BlueLast edited: 4/13/15
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- Blue Owl
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Paul Evans
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wolf vs. Goat
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Zampa Di Gallina
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 635
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9512 of 309548/5/11 at 8:24pmpost #9513 of 309548/5/11 at 10:32pmpost #9514 of 309548/5/11 at 11:07pmpost #9515 of 309548/5/11 at 11:09pmQuote:
Measuring on your own body isn't easy. Depending on why might be better to measure something that fits you well.
If you just want a shoulder measurement do an over the arm measurement.post #9516 of 309548/5/11 at 11:10pmpost #9517 of 309548/5/11 at 11:31pmpost #9518 of 309548/6/11 at 11:34ampost #9519 of 309548/6/11 at 12:02pmI just had one of my pairs of Church's resoled at the local cobbler. He put on soles with the following label:
MADE IN ITALY
There is no sign of Goodyear Welt on the sole of the shoe, as was visible on the original soles. The upper does appear to be welted to something (midsole?).
Are the soles only glued to a midsole or was some other 'invisible' welt used? Can anyone help me understand the procedure the cobbler may have used? I paid $100 for both shoes. Did I pay a fair price? This is the first pair of shoes I've had resoled. Aesthetically, they look great.post #9520 of 309548/6/11 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by nokelly
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds strand shoes and some combination toe cedar shoe trees... I won't be wearing the shoes for a couple of months should I put the shoe trees in the shoes and leave them in their shoe bags until I wear them or would it be best to just leave them in the shoe bags with no shoe trees? Does it make a difference?
I don't think it makes a difference. The shoe trees are primarily there to maintain the shape and remove moisture after they've been worn. As long as they aren't being squished in the box you should be fine to use those trees in another pair of shoes for the time being.post #9521 of 309548/6/11 at 1:35pmpost #9522 of 309548/6/11 at 4:57pmpost #9523 of 309548/6/11 at 6:46pmpost #9524 of 309548/6/11 at 10:21pmpost #9525 of 309548/7/11 at 7:50pm
Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a quick question. I've always taken pride in the way I look but I've recently come to realize that my clothes don't fit my body type very well. I'm 5'7 and thin, most of clothes seem to fit pretty loose and I would prefer a European/slimmer type fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change to cut of my clothes? Would it even be cost efficient? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your advice!
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...
- › Random health and exercise thoughts 1 minute ago
- › Carmina Shoes : Reviews, Sizing, Photos and More 1 minute ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 4 minutes ago
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 6 minutes ago
- › St. Crispin's Appreciation Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FS: US10 Ferragamo cap toe oxford black 7 minutes ago
- › Wolf vs. Goat Official Affiliate Thread - New April 16, 2015 8 minutes ago
- › Viberg Boots 8 minutes ago
- › **The Official Shoe Care Thread: Tutorials, Photos, etc.** 8 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 9 minutes ago
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 4: Epic Tokyo Photo Dump -...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 3: The StyFoJapan Meetup!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 2: Quick Photo Dump!
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 5: We Dye Stuff Blue
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 6: Junky Special,...
- › Tokyo Diaries, Day 7: This Is The End
- › The #StyFoJapan EDC
- › The Styleforum x Huckberry Father's Day...
- › Fok's Gift Guide for Dads Who Refuse to...