Oops. The Loake Blackfriars on Pediwear are under $250.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 5:25 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 635
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9512 of 321908/5/11 at 11:07pmpost #9513 of 321908/5/11 at 11:09pmQuote:
Measuring on your own body isn't easy. Depending on why might be better to measure something that fits you well.
If you just want a shoulder measurement do an over the arm measurement.post #9514 of 321908/5/11 at 11:10pmpost #9515 of 321908/5/11 at 11:31pmpost #9516 of 321908/6/11 at 11:34ampost #9517 of 321908/6/11 at 12:02pmI just had one of my pairs of Church's resoled at the local cobbler. He put on soles with the following label:
MADE IN ITALY
There is no sign of Goodyear Welt on the sole of the shoe, as was visible on the original soles. The upper does appear to be welted to something (midsole?).
Are the soles only glued to a midsole or was some other 'invisible' welt used? Can anyone help me understand the procedure the cobbler may have used? I paid $100 for both shoes. Did I pay a fair price? This is the first pair of shoes I've had resoled. Aesthetically, they look great.post #9518 of 321908/6/11 at 12:05pmQuote:Originally Posted by nokelly
I just got a pair of Allen Edmonds strand shoes and some combination toe cedar shoe trees... I won't be wearing the shoes for a couple of months should I put the shoe trees in the shoes and leave them in their shoe bags until I wear them or would it be best to just leave them in the shoe bags with no shoe trees? Does it make a difference?
I don't think it makes a difference. The shoe trees are primarily there to maintain the shape and remove moisture after they've been worn. As long as they aren't being squished in the box you should be fine to use those trees in another pair of shoes for the time being.post #9519 of 321908/6/11 at 1:35pmpost #9520 of 321908/6/11 at 4:57pmpost #9521 of 321908/6/11 at 6:46pmpost #9522 of 321908/6/11 at 10:21pmpost #9523 of 321908/7/11 at 7:50pm
Hi guys, I'm new here and I have a quick question. I've always taken pride in the way I look but I've recently come to realize that my clothes don't fit my body type very well. I'm 5'7 and thin, most of clothes seem to fit pretty loose and I would prefer a European/slimmer type fit. Is it possible for a tailor to change to cut of my clothes? Would it even be cost efficient? Thanks in advance, I really appreciate your advice!
-Danielpost #9524 of 321908/7/11 at 10:10pm
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
- › Can't mirror shine after using saphir renomat 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 5 minutes ago
- › Luxire Custom Clothing - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Australian Members - Part II - if you read the first post, you'll... 14 minutes ago
- › ***The Not Even Slightly Official SW+D Booze and Cocktail Thread*** 15 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 24 minutes ago
- › Leather Jackets: Post Pictures of the Best You've Seen/Owned? 25 minutes ago
- › Rubber soled shoes 26 minutes ago
- › Mod to Suedehead 26 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 27 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?
- › Can I Wear a Black Suit to an Evening Wedding?