or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 629

post #9421 of 30946
How to achieve this effect with shinning?
post #9422 of 30946
What is the name of that online tie seller? There's site that sells their own ties and I've seen it discussed here before. I tried to search for it, but came up blank. Their ties are made in Mexico, perhaps.
post #9423 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by J R View Post

What is the name of that online tie seller? There's site that sells their own ties and I've seen it discussed here before. I tried to search for it, but came up blank. Their ties are made in Mexico, perhaps.

Do you mean The Tie Bar?
post #9424 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post


Do you mean The Tie Bar?

Yes. Thank You! I knew it would be obvious once I heard the name.
post #9425 of 30946
Any thoughts on navy sport coats with contrasting white buttons? Is this too much or could it look good if done well?
post #9426 of 30946
Anyone know which stores, if any, in LA carries Corthays?
Edited by JamesX - 7/28/11 at 3:58pm
post #9427 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb11235 View Post

Any thoughts on navy sport coats with contrasting white buttons? Is this too much or could it look good if done well?

Looks great. I just changed my blazer buttons to white MOP yesterday. I love it.
post #9428 of 30946
ovadia and sons has a purple horizontal stripe shirt i am 5'9 150 relativity slim build is horizontal stripe a good look?
post #9429 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post

Anyone know which stores, if any, in LA carries Corthays?

This post from Leffot says that they're the only US seller. In NYC.
post #9430 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb11235 View Post

Any thoughts on navy sport coats with contrasting white buttons? Is this too much or could it look good if done well?

Bone buttons are great. I believe former forum éminence grise Voxsartoria had a jacket like this. To me, they work best for summer blazer-type jackets.
post #9431 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thin Man View Post


This post from Leffot says that they're the only US seller. In NYC.

Cothay's website says the same frown.gif Oh well. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
post #9432 of 30946
I have been looking for a pair of semi-brogue captoes in burgandy or dark brown. Do these seem like a good buy for the price? (Excluding VAT and adding shipping, it comes to approx 338)

http://tiny.cc/9u22f Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VhsO0.jpg

There is a nice pair of dark brown Sutor captoes for 305 in BS that I am also considering.

Any input is much appreciated! Also, other recommendations are more than welcome.
post #9433 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by deem View Post

I have been looking for a pair of semi-brogue captoes in burgandy or dark brown. Do these seem like a good buy for the price? (Excluding VAT and adding shipping, it comes to approx 338)

http://tiny.cc/9u22f Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
VhsO0.jpg

There is a nice pair of dark brown Sutor captoes for 305 in BS that I am also considering.

Any input is much appreciated! Also, other recommendations are more than welcome.

There's nothing wrong with either choice. But, as must be said repeatedly and emphatically, you should try these on in person or be prepared to ship them back i they don't fit you well. I would recommend Crockett and Jones, for another $80. Again, if they fit well.
post #9434 of 30946
.
Edited by Louis XIV - 1/26/12 at 8:07am
post #9435 of 30946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis XIV View Post

Where to buy these from
500

PG describes them as "Alden “wing tip” boots on Plaza last for Leather Soul" but I can't find them...

I expect you buy them from Leather Soul...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)