really? I've seen people who altered their jackets' shoulders pretty successfully..
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 9:11 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015Last edited: 7/12/15
- Carmina Shoes Presents: Five Shoes for Five WeddingsLast edited: 7/12/15
- Tokyo Diaries, Day 1: It Begins! Ring Jacket, Petrosolaum, and Jun...Last edited: 6/22/15
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- H.N. White
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Paul Evans
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Uncle Otis
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Wurkin Stiffs
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 625post #9361 of 317347/23/11 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9362 of 317347/23/11 at 3:55pmpost #9363 of 317347/23/11 at 4:00pmpost #9364 of 317347/23/11 at 5:03pmHello all,
I have been flirting with the idea of getting a suit made for some time now, and I have come across Made to Measure web sites such as Tailor4less.com, ITailor.com, & indochino.com. Has anyone used either one of these companies? What was your experience? Of the 3 which would you use.Also, I am interested in knowing if the quality is good as well as the legitimacy of the companies themselves. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.post #9365 of 317347/23/11 at 6:14pmpost #9366 of 317347/23/11 at 9:40pmpost #9367 of 317347/23/11 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by greenrebellion
Dark grey slacks, navy sport coat, burgundy captoe shoes, and pink/light blue shirt....does this combo have any potential to work? Obviously this is a high level question, but if something along these lines will work, it would be very helpful to know.
Could look smashing. I would go with the pink shirt, it ties in the red tones of the shoe. Without that tie in, the burgundy would look out of place in the charcoal and blues, unless you pulled it in some other way, with the stripe of a tie and a burgundy pocket square. However, a tie with a base color of burgundy is simply not working well for that in my mind's eye.
If you wanted to wear the blue shirt, dark brown shoes. Or a different color pant- the burgundy would play off of something warm much better, say a khaki or a rich brown. But either of those radically changes the character of the outfit.
As for tie, navy with red dots could be a good choice.
Basically, pay attention to execution and trust your eye. If you use an unexpected color for the shoes, tie it back in somehow.post #9368 of 317347/24/11 at 12:10ampost #9369 of 317347/24/11 at 9:52ampost #9370 of 317347/24/11 at 11:06ampost #9371 of 317347/24/11 at 1:16pmpost #9372 of 317347/24/11 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by tipitai
Is this a Grenadine Tie? John Vavartos - Nordstrom Just saw it online and am wondering if it's worth the $57.
Looks to be. Grenadine comes in at least 2 weaves - grossa and fina, if I'm not mistaken. This would be the fina. The cognoscenti seem to prefer the former. Sam Hober makes the very best, and they'll run you about $100 with shipping. Grenadines tie a really nice knot, and you won't see yourself coming and going.post #9373 of 317347/24/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
Never heard of them, sorry.
I have heard that "Made in Italy" is lately becoming code for "Made in China/Taiwan/India, but then imported into Italy where a final small touch is used to complete the product and allow us to call the product Made in Italy, even though it is not."post #9374 of 317347/24/11 at 2:41pm
First post here and I feel as if this is the right spot to ask.
I'm looking to get a pair of round tortoise colored eyeglasses with thin frames. I don't know exactly where I should be looking to find a nice pair though. Could someone possibly point me in the direction of where to find an affordable pair? I'll have to be able to put prescription lenses in them.post #9375 of 317347/24/11 at 2:54pmI recently bought a pair of salmon-colored chinos and wanted to know if they were seen more as S/S chinos rather than a pair that can be worn during A/W.
Also, I have never bought a pair casual shoes such as derby's. What is a reasonable first purchase to start off with?
Thanks in advance.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- The Styleforum Brief: July, 2015
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 2 minutes ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 3 minutes ago
- › SAVILE ROW Gieves & Hawkes BESPOKE 2 Pieces Wool Suits 3 minutes ago
- › Unfunded Liabilities: a/k/a The Cloth Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 4 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 9 minutes ago
- › Dukesbury: Bespoke Exotic Leather Goods - Official Affiliate Thread 11 minutes ago
- › The Official Cars Discount / Thrift & DIY Questions and Bragging ... 12 minutes ago
- › ***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing,... 13 minutes ago
- › Edward Green Appreciation: Pictures, Info, and Where to Buy 23 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Christopher Ward C60 Trident Pro Auto by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Braided Dark Brown Belt by Mrvaerk
- › Human Scales Carlos Red Stripe Sweater by Mrvaerk
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Human Scales Denny Suede Double Monkstraps by Mrvaerk
- › Brathwait - The classic slim wrist watch by Mrvaerk
- › The Huckberry x Styleforum Holiday Gift Guide
- › In Passing: Style on the Streets of Toronto
- › Black Friday 2015: The Styleforum Sales List
- › How to Build an Amazing Work Wardrobe for $1200
- › Gifts for the Stylish Man
- › The Best of The Proper Kit in N.Y.C.
- › On the Road: Shop the Styleforum x No Man...
- › On the Road: Styleforum x No Man Walks Alone
- › An Interview with G. Bruce Boyer
- › The 2015 Buyer's Guide: Accessories