really? I've seen people who altered their jackets' shoulders pretty successfully..
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) Last post on Today at 1:10 am in Classic Menswear
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Yesterday at 10:40 am in Classic Menswear
- The Grad Lounge Last post on 3/15/15 at 11:12am in Classic Menswear
- The Best of B&S - Someone should buy this! Last post on Yesterday at 5:59 pm in Classic Menswear
- HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) Last post on Yesterday at 10:03 pm in Classic Menswear
What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?
Last edited: 9/2/13
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?Last edited: 5/16/13
- CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best White Shirt for Your...Last edited: 3/10/15
- Choosing Men's Designer SuitsLast edited: 11/8/13
- What Kind of Suit Should I Buy?Last edited: 6/4/12
- Andrew Lock
- The Armoury
- Bespoke England
- Blacksmith Labs
- Blue Owl
- Brooklyn Clothing Co
- Carson Street Clothiers
- Conrad Wu
- David Fin
- David Reeves Bespoke
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Elite Suits
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Foster & Son
- Franco Ercole Bespoke
- Geil Mode
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- Gordon Yao, Hong Kong
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Carter Neckwear
- Howard Yount
- John Elliott + Co
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- Neo Nouveau
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Oscar Hunt
- Percy Ivor
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Taylor Stitch
- Temple of jawnz
- Thurston Bros.
- Uncle Otis
- Vastrm Fashion
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Wrong Weather
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 625post #9361 of 303697/23/11 at 3:31pm
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9362 of 303697/23/11 at 3:55pmpost #9363 of 303697/23/11 at 4:00pmpost #9364 of 303697/23/11 at 5:03pmHello all,
I have been flirting with the idea of getting a suit made for some time now, and I have come across Made to Measure web sites such as Tailor4less.com, ITailor.com, & indochino.com. Has anyone used either one of these companies? What was your experience? Of the 3 which would you use.Also, I am interested in knowing if the quality is good as well as the legitimacy of the companies themselves. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.post #9365 of 303697/23/11 at 6:14pmpost #9366 of 303697/23/11 at 9:40pmpost #9367 of 303697/23/11 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by greenrebellion
Dark grey slacks, navy sport coat, burgundy captoe shoes, and pink/light blue shirt....does this combo have any potential to work? Obviously this is a high level question, but if something along these lines will work, it would be very helpful to know.
Could look smashing. I would go with the pink shirt, it ties in the red tones of the shoe. Without that tie in, the burgundy would look out of place in the charcoal and blues, unless you pulled it in some other way, with the stripe of a tie and a burgundy pocket square. However, a tie with a base color of burgundy is simply not working well for that in my mind's eye.
If you wanted to wear the blue shirt, dark brown shoes. Or a different color pant- the burgundy would play off of something warm much better, say a khaki or a rich brown. But either of those radically changes the character of the outfit.
As for tie, navy with red dots could be a good choice.
Basically, pay attention to execution and trust your eye. If you use an unexpected color for the shoes, tie it back in somehow.post #9368 of 303697/24/11 at 12:10ampost #9369 of 303697/24/11 at 9:52ampost #9370 of 303697/24/11 at 11:06ampost #9371 of 303697/24/11 at 1:16pmpost #9372 of 303697/24/11 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by tipitai
Is this a Grenadine Tie? John Vavartos - Nordstrom Just saw it online and am wondering if it's worth the $57.
Looks to be. Grenadine comes in at least 2 weaves - grossa and fina, if I'm not mistaken. This would be the fina. The cognoscenti seem to prefer the former. Sam Hober makes the very best, and they'll run you about $100 with shipping. Grenadines tie a really nice knot, and you won't see yourself coming and going.post #9373 of 303697/24/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
Never heard of them, sorry.
I have heard that "Made in Italy" is lately becoming code for "Made in China/Taiwan/India, but then imported into Italy where a final small touch is used to complete the product and allow us to call the product Made in Italy, even though it is not."post #9374 of 303697/24/11 at 2:41pm
First post here and I feel as if this is the right spot to ask.
I'm looking to get a pair of round tortoise colored eyeglasses with thin frames. I don't know exactly where I should be looking to find a nice pair though. Could someone possibly point me in the direction of where to find an affordable pair? I'll have to be able to put prescription lenses in them.post #9375 of 303697/24/11 at 2:54pmI recently bought a pair of salmon-colored chinos and wanted to know if they were seen more as S/S chinos rather than a pair that can be worn during A/W.
Also, I have never bought a pair casual shoes such as derby's. What is a reasonable first purchase to start off with?
Thanks in advance.
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- How Should I Start My Business Wardrobe?
- › The New Official Wolf vs. Goat Thread 2 seconds ago
- › HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part IV (starting May 2014) 46 seconds ago
- › Noodles' Good Natured Advice Thread (improving a business wardrobe) 1 minute ago
- › Yellow Hook Necktie Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Japanese Shoes: Bespoke & RTW Super Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Engineered Garments SS15 3 minutes ago
- › ٭٭٭ No Man Walks Alone - Official Affiliate Thread ٭٭٭ 4 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 6 minutes ago
- › The Walking Dead (AMC) 8 minutes ago
- › SW&D Suits and Blazers CHALLENGE Thread 13/Mar/15 - 30/Mar/15 9 minutes ago
- › Tom Ford FT5237 Eyeglasses Color 098 by Mrvaerk
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Quoddy True Penny Loafer by ppith
- › Timberland Men's Authentics 3-Eye Classic Lug Boat Shoe by Basil Ecurie
- › Aero Leather Cafe' Racer by CafeRacer99
- › Alden Ravello Shell Long Wing Blucher by ppith
- › Sterlingwear Navigator Peacoat by ppith
- › The ten least expensive cars to insure in the US
- › The Styleforum Brief: March 2015
- › Going Places: A Brief Trip to Naples
- › One Sneaker to Rule Them All: The Rise of the...
- › People Who Make Our Lives Better: Jack...
- › CT Shirts Presents: How to Choose the Best...
- › Fok's Pick: Quilted Vests
- › A Suit Well-Traveled: Clark Gable’s...
- › Six questions to ask when vetting your...
- › The truth about how to be great at content...