what are you referring to?
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 3:40 pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
- Your MadeInItaly
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 625post #9361 of 331527/23/11 at 4:00pmpost #9362 of 331527/23/11 at 5:03pmHello all,
I have been flirting with the idea of getting a suit made for some time now, and I have come across Made to Measure web sites such as Tailor4less.com, ITailor.com, & indochino.com. Has anyone used either one of these companies? What was your experience? Of the 3 which would you use.Also, I am interested in knowing if the quality is good as well as the legitimacy of the companies themselves. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.post #9363 of 331527/23/11 at 6:14pmpost #9364 of 331527/23/11 at 9:40pmpost #9365 of 331527/23/11 at 10:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by greenrebellion
Dark grey slacks, navy sport coat, burgundy captoe shoes, and pink/light blue shirt....does this combo have any potential to work? Obviously this is a high level question, but if something along these lines will work, it would be very helpful to know.
Could look smashing. I would go with the pink shirt, it ties in the red tones of the shoe. Without that tie in, the burgundy would look out of place in the charcoal and blues, unless you pulled it in some other way, with the stripe of a tie and a burgundy pocket square. However, a tie with a base color of burgundy is simply not working well for that in my mind's eye.
If you wanted to wear the blue shirt, dark brown shoes. Or a different color pant- the burgundy would play off of something warm much better, say a khaki or a rich brown. But either of those radically changes the character of the outfit.
As for tie, navy with red dots could be a good choice.
Basically, pay attention to execution and trust your eye. If you use an unexpected color for the shoes, tie it back in somehow.post #9366 of 331527/24/11 at 12:10ampost #9367 of 331527/24/11 at 9:52ampost #9368 of 331527/24/11 at 11:06ampost #9369 of 331527/24/11 at 1:16pmpost #9370 of 331527/24/11 at 1:20pmQuote:Originally Posted by tipitai
Is this a Grenadine Tie? John Vavartos - Nordstrom Just saw it online and am wondering if it's worth the $57.
Looks to be. Grenadine comes in at least 2 weaves - grossa and fina, if I'm not mistaken. This would be the fina. The cognoscenti seem to prefer the former. Sam Hober makes the very best, and they'll run you about $100 with shipping. Grenadines tie a really nice knot, and you won't see yourself coming and going.post #9371 of 331527/24/11 at 1:47pmQuote:
Never heard of them, sorry.
I have heard that "Made in Italy" is lately becoming code for "Made in China/Taiwan/India, but then imported into Italy where a final small touch is used to complete the product and allow us to call the product Made in Italy, even though it is not."post #9372 of 331527/24/11 at 2:41pm
First post here and I feel as if this is the right spot to ask.
I'm looking to get a pair of round tortoise colored eyeglasses with thin frames. I don't know exactly where I should be looking to find a nice pair though. Could someone possibly point me in the direction of where to find an affordable pair? I'll have to be able to put prescription lenses in them.post #9373 of 331527/24/11 at 2:54pmI recently bought a pair of salmon-colored chinos and wanted to know if they were seen more as S/S chinos rather than a pair that can be worn during A/W.
Also, I have never bought a pair casual shoes such as derby's. What is a reasonable first purchase to start off with?
Thanks in advance.post #9374 of 331527/24/11 at 5:55pmpost #9375 of 331527/24/11 at 7:29pmQuote:Originally Posted by michaelgd
I'm looking to get a pair of round tortoise colored eyeglasses with thin frames. I don't know exactly where I should be looking to find a nice pair though. Could someone possibly point me in the direction of where to find an affordable pair? I'll have to be able to put prescription lenses in them.
I'm liking Warby Parker for this sort of thing these days. They'll send you a few pairs to try for free with no obligation too.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Viberg Boots 26 seconds ago
- › What Movies Are You Watching Lately 2 minutes ago
- › NIKE Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Trump is #2 in GOP Field 8 minutes ago
- › What are you drinking right now? 11 minutes ago
- › Saint Laurent Paris - Official Thread. 11 minutes ago
- › Dress in Academia 13 minutes ago
- › Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or... 20 minutes ago
- › Ever Belgrade Leather Jacket 22 minutes ago
- › Cool furniture, design objects and desiderata 25 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Alden Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe by smfdoc
- › Florsheim Vincent Wingtip Oxford by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Lasalle Dress Shoes by Lobster33
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...