Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on 2/11/16 at 5:25pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 8/29/15 at 4:46pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
The Definitive FAQ and/or Wiki on Alden Footwear
Last edited: 2/1/16
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizingLast edited: 1/27/16
- What Should I Ask My Groomsmen to Wear?Last edited: 9/2/13
- What does it mean to Relast a shoe?Last edited: 2/8/16
- How do I polish my shoes but preserve the color of the contrast...Last edited: 2/8/16
- The Armoury
- Buttons 'n' Threads
- David Fin
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- H.N. White
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- M Classic 101
- Meermin Mallorca
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oak Room
- Portland Dry Goods
- Probus NYC
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 618
Styleforum Top Pickspost #9257 of 322037/17/11 at 9:20pmpost #9258 of 322037/17/11 at 9:54pmpost #9259 of 322037/17/11 at 9:58pmpost #9260 of 322037/17/11 at 11:34pmpost #9261 of 322037/18/11 at 4:46ampost #9262 of 322037/18/11 at 4:54ampost #9263 of 322037/18/11 at 6:02amQuote:Originally Posted by P. Bateman
I find frequently that my junk gets bunched in the crotch of my pants becoming quite visible when sitting or standing with my legs close together. No bueno. The pants fit otherwise. I have a theory that it's because my butt is big so the lap area gets pulled back. What alterations can be done to fix this.
You probably won't be able to alter your current pants to fit. You'll have to buy a size up and then have everything else shortened up. Also, consider pleated pants which can offer more room in the crotch area.post #9264 of 322037/18/11 at 6:36amQuote:
I have no idea who make them, but the Zegna Couture shoes are sick.post #9265 of 322037/18/11 at 6:47ampost #9266 of 322037/18/11 at 4:33pmpost #9267 of 322037/18/11 at 7:27pmpost #9268 of 322037/18/11 at 7:31pmpost #9269 of 322037/18/11 at 7:53pmpost #9270 of 322037/18/11 at 8:12pmUntil recently, boots were worn with suits, though many would suggest that boots aren't formal enough these days to wear with a suit, apart from tweeds, etc. Myself, I pair boots with suits all the time, mainly jods/chelseas which have a clean toe line, and look identical to shoes when standing, etc. (though must be cognizant when it comes to chelseas of the elasticized sides i.e. when sitting, with jods instead having a buckle closure so as to not be all that different from i.e. monks, making it appropriate--in my humble op--to wear such boots on occasions where, if instead, one could wear monks). That said, probably wouldn't wear boots to i.e., a client meeting, before an audience with a judge/at court, etc., but no problem whatsoever if just a routine day at the office/casual Friday, etc., or of course in harsh weather conditions
To each their own.
As to the Brogues, a classic look with jeans and/or tweeds, with a double sole meant for the country, yes? I like them very much, and have something quite similar (for casual, country use, or just kicking around the city, etc.); as to the "glens", I'm not a huge fan of the canvas/leather look myself, but sure, if you like them, why not -- would seemingly pair quite nicely with jeans, I should think, but can't really see them with a suit, at all, regardless of the weather conditions. Hope this helps, and wear them in good health
- Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
Styleforum Top Picks
- Allen Edmond Park Avenue sizing
Currently, there are 1559 Active Users (301 Members and 1258 Guests)
- › Where can I find hangers similar to Thom Browne's ? 4 seconds ago
- › Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread... 1 minute ago
- › Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread 1 minute ago
- › Red Wing Iron Ranger Boots - what's the dilly yo? 2 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing,... 2 minutes ago
- › Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread 3 minutes ago
- › Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread 3 minutes ago
- › The official thrift/discount store bragging thread - Part II... 5 minutes ago
- › NFL 2015-16 Thread 7 minutes ago
- › The Ultimate "HARDCORE" Shoe Porn Thread (Bespoke only) 8 minutes ago
- › Alden Snuff Suede Flex-Welt Chukka Boot by mediahound
- › Alden Indy Boot 405 by Beancounter Tom
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Chukka by mediahound
- › Berlin & Son - Heritage Oxford by Mike87
- › Carmina for Epaulet Grey Suede Steinbeck Boot by Patek
- › Ps Paul Smith Laced shoes by yucaseca
- › Irish Setter Men's 838 Wingshooter 6" Waterproof Lace-up... by seanhorween
- › Borsa Long sleeve shirt by techstyles
- › Neil Barrett - LEATHER TROUSERS by newway
- › Mandarina Duck City Messenger by josh89
- › Exclusive Indochino Sale! 2 Suits for 800$...
- › Can I get the toe of my leather shoes...
- › How to clean antique brass hooks and eyelets...
- › How to start cleaning and shining fine...
- › What tools do you need to get burnish your...
- › Using a suede protector spray on regular...
- › Does the Groom Need to Stick Out from the...
- › What is the optimal width for a wedding tie?
- › Maintenance of Shell Cordovan shoes and boots.
- › Should I Wear a Watch to a Wedding?