or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 616

post #9226 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitAkira View Post

Same as the Cedarville ones from the Cedarville affiliate, which are also cheaper iirc. Nothing special


What gets someone excited about a shoe tree anyway? If they fit in the shoe and keep the shape what more does one need?
post #9227 of 30355
Do you think I have enough trousers/jacket contrast here ?

Would a not solid shirt make it more interesting ?

The tie is a medium green knit tie, it looks pretty dark in the picture. Better with or without ?

I know jacket sleeves need to be a little shorter. Soon to be done.

Thanks.

500

500
post #9228 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

Do you think I have enough trousers/jacket contrast here ?
There's definitely too little contrast right now as it looks like a mismatched suit. IMO, it's hard to pair an odd jacket in beige linen with trousers.
post #9229 of 30355
http://cgi.ebay.com/Polo-Ralph-Lauren-Double-RL-RRL-Wool-Herringbone-Vest-M-/140573845732?pt=US_CSA_MC_Vests&hash=item20badaa8e4

Does anyone know where to get vests with lapels like that one? Preferably less than 300?
post #9230 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

Do you think I have enough trousers/jacket contrast here ?

Would a not solid shirt make it more interesting ?

The tie is a medium green knit tie, it looks pretty dark in the picture. Better with or without ?

I know jacket sleeves need to be a little shorter. Soon to be done.

Thanks.

500

500

A more interesting (think, patterned, brighter colored) shirt would really elevate the fit. It's kind of boring at the moment.
post #9231 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

There's definitely too little contrast right now as it looks like a mismatched suit. IMO, it's hard to pair an odd jacket in beige linen with trousers.

Disagree. The difference in weight and color is enough. My eye picks up on the distinction easily, which is what's important. Too close is when you have to take a little bit of time in order to determine if it's the same fabric or not.

As for the tie, keep it. Looks nice. A nice bit of texture for an already textured outfit. You're right that a striped shirt might make it a little more interesting, but the various subtleties and textures if you leave the tie are enough.

Also, a big icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif on the green knit tie. I have one of those and love it.
post #9232 of 30355
Any advice on what to wear with this Tux Blazer? I cannot find any Slimane era pants that fit me. I need some help with what direction to go. Thanks http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/858/dh08.jpg
post #9233 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337dub View Post

Any advice on what to wear with this Tux Blazer? I cannot find any Slimane era pants that fit me. I need some help with what direction to go. Thanks http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/858/dh08.jpg

crazy.gif
post #9234 of 30355

If you have to ask....

post #9235 of 30355

Can blucher mocs be stretched lengthwise?  Is so, how much?

post #9236 of 30355
Thanks to all of you.
I'll give it a try though I realize that a little darker jacket would be better. I'll be wearing it to a morning-afternoon event so I expect the sun help differentiate the parts.
About the shirt, would a blue gingham work well with the green tie ? I've got me a blue pin check, I think it looks good.
I'll post results next week.

Thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

There's definitely too little contrast right now as it looks like a mismatched suit. IMO, it's hard to pair an odd jacket in beige linen with trousers.

Disagree. The difference in weight and color is enough. My eye picks up on the distinction easily, which is what's important. Too close is when you have to take a little bit of time in order to determine if it's the same fabric or not.

As for the tie, keep it. Looks nice. A nice bit of texture for an already textured outfit. You're right that a striped shirt might make it a little more interesting, but the various subtleties and textures if you leave the tie are enough.

Also, a big icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif on the green knit tie. I have one of those and love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dah328 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

Do you think I have enough trousers/jacket contrast here ?
There's definitely too little contrast right now as it looks like a mismatched suit. IMO, it's hard to pair an odd jacket in beige linen with trousers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post

Do you think I have enough trousers/jacket contrast here ?

Would a not solid shirt make it more interesting ?

The tie is a medium green knit tie, it looks pretty dark in the picture. Better with or without ?

I know jacket sleeves need to be a little shorter. Soon to be done.

Thanks.

500

500

A more interesting (think, patterned, brighter colored) shirt would really elevate the fit. It's kind of boring at the moment.

Edited by Scotty - 7/15/11 at 10:44am
post #9237 of 30355
What kind of tie knot is this? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2895.jpg
post #9238 of 30355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achillus View Post

What kind of tie knot is this? Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
P2895.jpg

Four in hand
post #9239 of 30355
Besides the obvious, what's the difference in the result between taking in the sides of a shirt at the seams and getting darts put in?
post #9240 of 30355
Looks like a 4 in hand.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)