or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 614

post #9196 of 33127
So i want to buy the Black Fleece tab collar white oxford shirt but it has a shirt pocket which i don't like. Can this be sewn off?

Can anyone comment on the fit as well please for Black Fleece?
post #9197 of 33127
How easy (or difficult) is it to alter the rise of a pair of pants?
post #9198 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaTionS View Post
How easy (or difficult) is it to alter the rise of a pair of pants?

I can't really see how it would be possible at all.
post #9199 of 33127
Is it ok to wear a tweed or flannel dark gray SC in the office to beat the air conditioning? Thing is, here in Singapore, almost no one ever wear a jacket or SC because its too hot.

But i don't want to look like all the others wearing a hoodie/trackjacet/windbreaker etc. Is it appropriate though because I will be better dressed than my bosses?
post #9200 of 33127
This is such a dumb question that I'm almost embarrassed. I just had a MTM grey suit made (my only other being charcoal) and wanted another pair of non-black shoes. I opt'ed for the Allen Edmonds Clifton in Walnut. The suit is a medium-gray. About this: So...what kind of belt can I wear with this? I've always taken to the shoes matching belt rule and I'm not sure if I can find a belt as light as the Clifton's. Should I just try to find something close, or does it even matter that much with a suit? With the jacket closed I can't see it being an issue as much, but when it's open the belt is visible. Save me SF.
post #9201 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagno905 View Post
This is such a dumb question that I'm almost embarrassed.

I just had a MTM grey suit made (my only other being charcoal) and wanted another pair of non-black shoes. I opt'ed for the Allen Edmonds Clifton in Walnut.



The suit is a medium-gray. About this:



So...what kind of belt can I wear with this? I've always taken to the shoes matching belt rule and I'm not sure if I can find a belt as light as the Clifton's. Should I just try to find something close, or does it even matter that much with a suit? With the jacket closed I can't see it being an issue as much, but when it's open the belt is visible.

Save me SF.

AE sells belts in the same color. For example, the Wide Basic Dress.
post #9202 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteandkey View Post
AE sells belts in the same color. For example, the Wide Basic Dress.

These are great. Shame they won't fit my 28 waist though.

Thank you!
post #9203 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagno905 View Post
These are great. Shame they won't fit my 28 waist though.

Thank you!

You can get any belt shortened easily. You don't need one that perfectly matches the shoes but it should be roughly similar in colour.
post #9204 of 33127
Perfect, thanks a lot guys.
post #9205 of 33127
Hello all.

What's the SF stand on black AE Park Avenues (brightly and meticulously shined, of course) with a tux? (I have to rent a tux for a wedding and I *hate* opera pumps.) Workable?
post #9206 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pelican Pants View Post
What's the SF stand on black AE Park Avenues (brightly and meticulously shined, of course) with a tux? (I have to rent a tux for a wedding and I *hate* opera pumps.) Workable?

While technically against the rules (shoes with black tie should either be opera pumps or patent leather) I think in most cases some well-shined Park Aves will be perfectly fine.
post #9207 of 33127
I've got a linen shirt with shoulder pleats. The back and sides are very billowy (Probably around 3" of extra material in the back). The tailor says he can take in the sides only an inch. I would like darts but seems they cannot be properly achieved with the shoulder pleats. What can I do? Thank you in advance.
post #9208 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
While technically against the rules (shoes with black tie should either be opera pumps or patent leather) I think in most cases some well-shined Park Aves will be perfectly fine.

Thanks!
post #9209 of 33127
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
I've got a linen shirt with shoulder pleats. The back and sides are very billowy (Probably around 3" of extra material in the back). The tailor says he can take in the sides only an inch. I would like darts but seems they cannot be properly achieved with the shoulder pleats. What can I do? Thank you in advance.
Once you go beyond a certain degree of tapering, you basically have to remake the shirt to get it to fit properly. It's almost never worth it when you could just buy a properly-fitting shirt.
post #9210 of 33127
I was browsing styleforum and came across this blazer. I meant to subscribe to the thread, but i guess i forgot. Luckily, i saved a picture. Now to the question: Does anyone know which thread this is from? edit: about 30 minutes after my searching began, and just a few minutes after i posted this questions, i found the thread. thank you, sf god
LL
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)