or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 595

post #8911 of 33197
Really depends on how much you paid for them. If around $200 just wear them as it is.
post #8912 of 33197
Yeah $200 (+20 shipping from Germany). Plan on wearing casually anyway. Thanks
post #8913 of 33197
okay so my last question may have been too specific or long to read, i need a new suit, looking for a deal on a good suit. saw in the b&s and on ebay the rlbl Anthony Wool Gabardine Suit for roughly 600. i think its a great deal. how do i fit myself for it? i wont be able to try it on so if i measured my chest and its 42 do i buy a 42? or do i go up to a 44? generally does the size means the measurements or the size person it would fit
post #8914 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsp8 View Post
No, as long as they don't create an unsightly bulge.
thanks Kevin - might need to reduce the key count a touch
post #8915 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesX View Post
How fast a shoe creases depends on fit in addition to how hard you wear them. A Roll is just how Shells crease. I don't think it is unusual. It might be because your shoe is slightly too large for you.

..............


Thanks.
post #8916 of 33197
A question concerning Allen Edmonds (AE): What last is used when shaping the Clifton?

For most AE shoes, the last digit stamped on the shoe is... the last number. The last digit on the Clifton is an "8" which would suggest the AE orthotic line.

But the Clifton is exclusive to Nordstrom, so I don't know whether or not I can apply the AE "formula" to this particular model of shoe. Thanks.
post #8917 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post
okay so my last question may have been too specific or long to read, i need a new suit, looking for a deal on a good suit. saw in the b&s and on ebay the rlbl Anthony Wool Gabardine Suit for roughly 600. i think its a great deal. how do i fit myself for it? i wont be able to try it on so if i measured my chest and its 42 do i buy a 42? or do i go up to a 44? generally does the size means the measurements or the size person it would fit

adding onto this question, why are brooks brothers suits so cheap? from what i read on here i thought they would be at a high price level, are they better quality then the run of the mill fashion label 1000$ suits (baker, boss, z zegna....)
post #8918 of 33197
Hello
New here and not to keen on style. I am attending an evening cocktail attire wedding next week and am unsure of what to wear. The attachments show the two options I was leaning towards. I have darker ties and ties that blend with the shirt a bit more color-wise as well but was hoping to wear something with more color and pop for summer - but correct me if I'm looking in the wrong direction.
The pink striped tie can also go with the solid blue shirt, but I think the green striped one's lines are too narrow to go with the striped shirt (from what I gather from some online readin').
The photos are not the best, but the suit is solid charcoal gray, the shirts are soft blue and the other white and light blue striped, and the ties are pink, navy and soft blue and the other green/lime green(a bit metallic as well) and navy.
I also have a nice solid soft pink shirt and burgundy/charcoal/silver diagonal striped tie that worked very well to a wedding I went to last fall. I'd prefer something different but am not against wearing that again if it sounds better.
I have a good discount store near me (Century 21) that has great prices and pretty solid brand selection, so I am open to picking up something different this weekend (shirt/tie, not suit) as well if you have any suggestions or directions.
I didn't mean for a rather insignificant question to go on so long, but thanks for your help.
LL
LL
post #8919 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by linds_15 View Post
adding onto this question, why are brooks brothers suits so cheap? from what i read on here i thought they would be at a high price level, are they better quality then the run of the mill fashion label 1000$ suits (baker, boss, z zegna....)

Brooks Brothers has a broad range of suits. Most American businessmen would not consider a $1098 Saxxon Wool Madison suit to be inexpensive at all. BB is worn at the top levels in American business and politics. IMO BB blows away those fashion labels you mentioned when comparing suits of roughly equal price.
post #8920 of 33197
Topic here is Dress Shorts with Un-Fused Collars. I've been getting them for years from Joe Hemrajani at MyTailor.. I have always had issues with getting a good, clean, crisp press on these shirts and have tried cleaners throughout the tri-state area (NYC). Right now, it's extra starch on cuffs and collars that gets the shirts to a reasonable result..

Not sure why this happens - it there an inter-lining on the cuffs and collars? Does anyone know of shirts in the $80-$110 range that come unfused and also are relatively easy to press? Might look at RTW as well if I can find one that fits well and meets the above requirements. Thanks, Mike147
post #8921 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyhawk View Post
Hey.

I just recieved a pair liked that on a vacation in thailand.
There is this tailor that makes everythin in the world. Suits, gloves, ties, I even think he was talking about a wife who had a sister hwo made shoes haha Anyway its a real shop in pattaya thailand and the website is www.zentailor.net, and i think if you contacted him through there he can give you a great price ;-) I order there somtimes, and he got free shipping and everything!

God luck!

Free shippings tend to be lost in the mail and never arrive.
post #8922 of 33197
How's the quality of BB black fleece ties? Superior to, or at least on par with ordinary BB ties?
post #8923 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh52 View Post
Hello
New here and not to keen on style. I am attending an evening cocktail attire wedding next week and am unsure of what to wear. The attachments show the two options I was leaning towards. I have darker ties and ties that blend with the shirt a bit more color-wise as well but was hoping to wear something with more color and pop for summer - but correct me if I'm looking in the wrong direction.
The pink striped tie can also go with the solid blue shirt, but I think the green striped one's lines are too narrow to go with the striped shirt (from what I gather from some online readin').
The photos are not the best, but the suit is solid charcoal gray, the shirts are soft blue and the other white and light blue striped, and the ties are pink, navy and soft blue and the other green/lime green(a bit metallic as well) and navy.
I also have a nice solid soft pink shirt and burgundy/charcoal/silver diagonal striped tie that worked very well to a wedding I went to last fall. I'd prefer something different but am not against wearing that again if it sounds better.
I have a good discount store near me (Century 21) that has great prices and pretty solid brand selection, so I am open to picking up something different this weekend (shirt/tie, not suit) as well if you have any suggestions or directions.
I didn't mean for a rather insignificant question to go on so long, but thanks for your help.

For those parameters, the pink striped tie with a solid white or light blue shirt is most likely to succeed. Provided the skin isn't ruddy or very pink.
post #8924 of 33197
Is there anywhere other than BB to get a matching piqué/marcella formal shirt (detachable collar preferred), waistcoat, and bow tie (self tie)?
post #8925 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Veen View Post
Is there anywhere other than BB to get a matching piqué/marcella formal shirt (detachable collar preferred), waistcoat, and bow tie (self tie)?

Paul Stuart ?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)