or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 549

post #8221 of 33197
I picked up my first pair of monk strap shoes, a pair of Fratelli Rossetti Cottos. When I store these with shoe trees in, should I leave the strap buckled or unbuckled? I was assuming buckled but I was wondering if that would cause the leather on the buckle to eventually wear down.
Thanks,
Fred
post #8222 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cant kill da Rooster View Post
I believe Filson offers a discount to SF members. Either way, for a bag that will last your lifetime, probably worth paying full price.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get the discount code? I did a search on the SF website, but the code I found was expired/invalid. Does anyone know if there's a new code? Also... Brown, Otter Green, or Tan?! They all seem perfect...
post #8223 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred G. Unn View Post
I picked up my first pair of monk strap shoes, a pair of Fratelli Rossetti Cottos. When I store these with shoe trees in, should I leave the strap buckled or unbuckled? I was assuming buckled but I was wondering if that would cause the leather on the buckle to eventually wear down.
Thanks,
Fred

I never buckle them.
post #8224 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBD View Post
I never buckle them.
Thanks!
post #8225 of 33197
Can anyone identify the AE spectators shoes in the picture above the "Classic/Timeless/etc" category on the AE home page? Is it the Strawfut or a different shoe? http://www.allenedmonds.com/
post #8226 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidus View Post
Can anyone identify the AE spectators shoes in the picture above the "Classic/Timeless/etc" category on the AE home page? Is it the Strawfut or a different shoe? http://www.allenedmonds.com/
Strawfut, in linen/brown. I own that shoe. It rocks so much ass. Going to love wearing it this summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post
so I had an 'accident' at lunch where I managed to get mustard all over my shirt and wool pants. Will the cleaners be able to remove said stains
Depends on a lot of things, composition of the mustard, type of wool, how "set" the stain is... Get them to a cleaner sooner rather than later.
post #8227 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReversoLover View Post
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get the discount code? I did a search on the SF website, but the code I found was expired/invalid. Does anyone know if there's a new code?

Also...

Brown, Otter Green, or Tan?! They all seem perfect...

Try calling Crane's (store linked at the top of the page). They might be able to help you out. Filson is cracking down on vendors who offer discounts, though.
post #8228 of 33197
Just got some trousers back from being hemmed - the inner part of the hem has been pinched in slightly at the rear crease and there is a corresponding small gap between the inner and outer fabric at the front.

It's only very small but unless I'm careful I catch my foot on the gap at the front when pulling the trousers on, and the hand stitching comes undone after a few times of doing this. This was done by a tailor who has otherwise done good work for me; is there a reason that the hem would be done this way, or is it poor workmanship?
post #8229 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16simon View Post
Just got some trousers back from being hemmed - the inner part of the hem has been pinched in slightly at the rear crease and there is a corresponding small gap between the inner and outer fabric at the front.

It's only very small but unless I'm careful I catch my foot on the gap at the front when pulling the trousers on, and the hand stitching comes undone after a few times of doing this. This was done by a tailor who has otherwise done good work for me; is there a reason that the hem would be done this way, or is it poor workmanship?

Are they hemmed at an angle? This may be unavoidable with certain fabrics when hemming the back lower than the front (which should probably be the case unless you have them cuffed), depending on the size of the angle. I'd just be a bit more careful when putting them on...
post #8230 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum View Post
Are they hemmed at an angle?

ah, that'll be why, should have guessed. Thanks!!
post #8231 of 33197


Anyone know the maker of these saddle shoes? They look like Mcnairy's but they aren't, I emailed him.
The colour looks perfect for Summer!.
post #8232 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReversoLover View Post
Thanks for the reply. Do you know where I can get the discount code? I did a search on the SF website, but the code I found was expired/invalid. Does anyone know if there's a new code?

Also...

Brown, Otter Green, or Tan?! They all seem perfect...

There is a filson thread. Request one from Crane's by posting or PMing. Personally being in Canada, I didn't go through them because it was the same for me to buy it locally.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...142198&page=23

I really like the tan. I went with the canvas green because of availability and I have no regrets.
post #8233 of 33197
http://arlissrenwick.com/wp-content/...05/jacket2.jpg http://arlissrenwick.com/wp-content/.../05/label2.jpg Bought a Gieves jacket from a friend's vintage shop last week. A perfect fit and only $25! Any idea how old it is? I'm guessing pre-1974, as it's not "Gieves & Hawkes", but am not sure
post #8234 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichobi View Post


Anyone know the maker of these saddle shoes? They look like Mcnairy's but they aren't, I emailed him.
The colour looks perfect for Summer!.

J&M have very similar shoes. Check out their website.
post #8235 of 33197
I have a Calvin Klein 1 button black peak lapel suit and am wondering what sort of shirt and tie to wear with it. This is for a formal event. Would it be acceptable to wear a tuxedo shirt and bow tie (maybe even a cummerbund)? Or would this look stupid and should I just wear a regular neck tie instead?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)