or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 506

post #7576 of 33197
Thanks for the heads-up, I'm building up my professional wardrobe, and AE is one of the better options in my price range.
post #7577 of 33197
Is this a wingtip?
post #7578 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4lnamja View Post
Is this a wingtip?

Yes of course, it has perforations and that point.
post #7579 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
SF approved, or are the lapels too honkin'?


I love it, for what it's worth.
post #7580 of 33197
Brown sport coat White shirt, navy tie (or a dark purple if you have to match, nothing shiny either) Wear grey trousers, dark brown shoes.
post #7581 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
Brown sport coat White shirt, navy tie (or a dark purple if you have to match, nothing shiny either) Wear grey trousers, dark brown shoes.

I always thought to wear a lighter color of brown like khaki pants with a brown jacket. Is this wrong?
post #7582 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
I always thought to wear a lighter color of brown like khaki pants with a brown jacket. Is this wrong?

Could you post pics of the ties you have?
post #7583 of 33197
I believe this is all of them.
post #7584 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
I believe this is all of them.
I would say it's down to the white, light blue or that navy you have pictured, if that's one of your ties. The khaki probably eliminates the white so it's down to the blues. Just give them both the eye test to see which one looks more appropriate. Or is that purple and not navy? If it is then that works best on the lavender shirt I think.
post #7585 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by tombrokaw View Post
I would say it's down to the white, light blue or that navy you have pictured, if that's one of your ties. The khaki probably eliminates the white so it's down to the blues. Just give them both the eye test to see which one looks more appropriate. Or is that purple and not navy? If it is then that works best on the lavender shirt I think.
That last tie is purple with some dark dark blue kinda. Maybe like a dark plum.
post #7586 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
That last tie is purple with some dark dark blue kinda. Maybe like a dark plum.

I would definitely go with that then. Come to think of it that would work much better with your jacket as well. Much better than a light tie.
post #7587 of 33197
With the lavender shirt I assume.

Again thanks for your help.

Just as another general question, what color slacks/shirts/ties would you wear with my brown jacket. I always end up just wearing khaki.
post #7588 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
With the lavender shirt I assume.

Again thanks for your help.

Just as another general question, what color slacks/shirts/ties would you wear with my brown jacket. I always end up just wearing khaki.

I would generally wear jeans myself, but you are going to an event so khakis are more appropriate. Your entire outfit is a little dressed down to wear slacks, so I wouldn't do that either. Your jacket is pretty dark so I would try to wear light pants for the contrast.

Do you have white chinos? that would look pretty sharp. Is the weather nice and warm where you are?
post #7589 of 33197
Thanks. I normally wear jeans myself but the event is too formal for that.

Its actually chilling because I am heading up north, though I am not apposed to getting another pair of slacks. I have never heard of chinos. What are they / how are they different than khakis.
post #7590 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by smarcus3 View Post
Thanks. I normally wear jeans myself but the event is too formal for that. Its actually chilling because I am heading up north, though I am not apposed to getting another pair of slacks. I have never heard of chinos. What are they / how are they different than khakis.
Same pants as khakis but just a different color. Check these out. http://canvas.landsend.com/pp/TheHer...s&origin=index They are on sale for $17 and lands end chinos are made of a soft, substantial material. I think you'd like them, but you'd generally wear white only on nice days.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)