or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 486

post #7276 of 32478
Anyone know of any sales coming up on suits?
post #7277 of 32478
Ianiceman is right about the check being too large to wear with a tie. From a purely aesthetic perspective, I think the check size looks fine. So unless you are going to be around people who think and know about clothes you will be golden. One small detail- With a lapel that wide I would wear a wider tie.
post #7278 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post
Fashion Forward = Modern. Side vents are a more modern look. Traditional look is a vent down the middle.

I believe you are incorrect. Flusser describes side vents as an English traditional look. Side vents were originally designed for wear when riding horses, so there is nothing modern about it.

http://www.throughtherye.com/flusser/ch2part2.htm
post #7279 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post
Fashion Forward = Modern. Side vents are a more modern look. Traditional look is a vent down the middle.

Very seriously, you have 100% no idea what you are talking about.
post #7280 of 32478
anyone know where to pick up loro piana outerwear online, anywhere that's not bergdorf/neiman/yoox/bluefly?
post #7281 of 32478
Hey, I don't know if this question has been answered but how do Bruno Magli's fit? I ordered myself a pair and they were HUGE. I typically wear 9-9.5 in a Cole Haan so i guess they cut a whole to half size bigger than normal?

And how do Ferragamo shoes compare to the two? I might wanna sell the bruno magli's and take the loss for some Ferragamo's.
post #7282 of 32478
Hello boys,

I'm going to NY next week and want to buy some socks... "Yellow toe" or something similar that I keep hearing about. What's the store?

Thanks
post #7283 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hello boys,

I'm going to NY next week and want to buy some socks... "Yellow toe" or something similar that I keep hearing about. What's the store?

Thanks

Found it!
"Gold toe" from Century 21.
Thanks anyway.
post #7284 of 32478
Is there an accepted tuxedo shirt stud size? The 100-year-old MOP ones I ordered look quite big. Perhaps 14mm or even 15mm in width. It comes as a set of 6 which is odd. Most stud sets are 10mm and come in sets of 4. Are mine acceptable to use for a tuxedo shirt or are mine for women or something?
post #7285 of 32478
What is the suit/jacket-maker whose label is SSSSSSS (where the s's are interlinked)?
post #7286 of 32478
I have seen some Timberland duffle bags on eBay that were made in England. Does anybody have anybody have any idea who made these bags and how long ago?
post #7287 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
I believe you are incorrect. Flusser describes side vents as an English traditional look. Side vents were originally designed for wear when riding horses, so there is nothing modern about it.

http://www.throughtherye.com/flusser/ch2part2.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
Very seriously, you have 100% no idea what you are talking about.

Okay fair enough, here's my explanation. American suit styles are tradtionally a single vent down the middle. English are common for double. For an American suit to have a double vent its more of a modern look. Now that doesn't mean it's fashion forward what so ever. I just mean that traditionally single or no vents with American suits.
post #7288 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselman89 View Post
Okay fair enough, here's my explanation. American suit styles are tradtionally a single vent down the middle. English are common for double. For an American suit to have a double vent its more of a modern look. Now that doesn't mean it's fashion forward what so ever. I just mean that traditionally single or no vents with American suits.

You were responding to a question about it being fashion forward. To me fashion forward is 'trendy' and not a classic look. Side vents are absolutely traditional.
post #7289 of 32478
What color belt for burgundy shoes? Do I need to get burgundy belt?
post #7290 of 32478
Quote:
Originally Posted by matstyleku View Post
What color belt for burgundy shoes? Do I need to get burgundy belt?

For dress shoes, yes.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)