or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 478

post #7156 of 32173
I'm a small guy (5'7", 120lbs, 34" chest) and I'm looking to buy a new suit. Can anyone suggest lines that might have something off the rack before I start getting involved in MTM?

Thanks.
post #7157 of 32173
Any suggestions for a simple leather coin pouch? I know in the US you may not have much use for them but here in Canada we have $2, $1, $.25, $.10., $.05, and $.01 coins. I usually dont bother carrying anything smaller than $.25 coins but it would be nice to keep all my change in its own place in my front pocket. I dont like wallets with coin pouches built in sinc they feel too large. Any suggestions?
post #7158 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bluesky View Post
Thanks - I a nice man. Are these the chukkas you where thinking of? http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/cs435.html


The closest I have found to the chukkas are ndc made by hand:
http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/tag/ndc-made-by-hand/

Closest to the brown boots are Tom Ford:
http://tooklookbook.com/brands/tom-f...-winter/look-1

Closest to tan oxfords are ndc made by hand:
http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/N.D.C...U/sts/sr_men80

Yup those are the ones. I'm not really a fan myself so can't offer much more in the way of advice/experience, just noticed the polo ones in the catalogue. They have some nice shoes in there.
post #7159 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellgy View Post
Any opinions on these shoes? They are Eduardo G. captoes on sale for 165.00 and appear to be a good deal.




I look the shoes but not crazy about the color.
post #7160 of 32173
Anyone know any stores in Toronto that sell the Barbour Liddesdale jacket? I would like to try one on before I buy it but I cant seem to find any stores that sell them.
post #7161 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
I look the shoes but not crazy about the color.
I decided against them for now. I think another color combined with a more refined design would be more to my liking.
post #7162 of 32173
The tag says "do not tumble dry," but I didn't notice it until I took the shirt out of the drier. The fabric has ripples throughout. Is the shirt now going to tear or something while I'm wearing it?
post #7163 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive View Post
nvm

NVM as to what?
post #7164 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
The tag says "do not tumble dry," but I didn't notice it until I took the shirt out of the drier. The fabric has ripples throughout. Is the shirt now going to tear or something while I'm wearing it?

The only problem I see is that it may have shrunk a little...after washing on delicate, I put mine in the dryer on air tumble/no heat to get the water out and then hang dry.
post #7165 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard View Post
The only problem I see is that it may have shrunk a little...after washing on delicate, I put mine in the dryer on air tumble/no heat to get the water out and then hang dry.

Then what's all this business about how tumble drying ruins shirts?
post #7166 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
NVM as to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
Then what's all this business about how tumble drying ruins shirts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
The tag says "do not tumble dry," but I didn't notice it until I took the shirt out of the drier. The fabric has ripples throughout. Is the shirt now going to tear or something while I'm wearing it?

What's exactly are you asking?
post #7167 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
What's exactly are you asking?

Did I irreparably damage the shirt by tumble drying it?
post #7168 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
Did I irreparably damage the shirt by tumble drying it?

Did you tumble dry it in high heat or no heat? What type of fabric is it?
post #7169 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
Did you tumble dry it in high heat or no heat? What type of fabric is it?

It's cotton, and I used heat, although I don't know if you'd call it high heat.
post #7170 of 32173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Kaiser View Post
It's cotton, and I used heat, although I don't know if you'd call it high heat.

Normally, plain cotton will just shrink. However, some fabric is weaved (or even just the stitching) using different type of threads. They may shrink/stretch in different rates upon exposure to heat, thus rippling. Depending on severity of the problem, it may or may not be curable. Try rewash it in cold water, then hang dry or tumble dry with no heat. If that doesn't help, I don't know what can.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)