or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 477

post #7141 of 33197
Any opinions on these shoes? They are Eduardo G. captoes on sale for 165.00 and appear to be a good deal.



post #7142 of 33197
Was trying to search, no luck really, what product would you recommend to waterproof calfskin boots? Thanks!
post #7143 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post
I'd like to know what SF thinks of this jacket for spring and summer wear:

Regent Fit Soft Jacket in Navy, in cotton

Nii's list of essentials brought it to my attention. The price is very low and I assume that Brooks Brothers isn't bad quality (maybe that is a bad assumtion). I'd love to hear your thoughts. It would be my first light-weight jacket and therefore probably the only thing I could wear comfortably in the very hot Japanese summer.

Can someone answer to this question? I'm also considering in buying this blazer

Thanks
post #7144 of 33197
In fact, I don't know what to buy for a classic sportcoat between those two: - Brooks Brothers Regent Fit Soft Jacket (Pure cotton) http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&sectionsize=# - Bonobos The Alma Mater blazer (Textured Wool-Cashmere) http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/Na...ack_Alma_Mater Which one is the best for this spring-summer?
post #7145 of 33197
Which one is better in quality? Brooks Brothers BFS or Brooks Brothers Makers? Thx.
post #7146 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by hattori_gonzo View Post
In fact, I don't know what to buy for a classic sportcoat between those two:

- Brooks Brothers Regent Fit Soft Jacket (Pure cotton)

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&sectionsize=#


- Bonobos The Alma Mater blazer (Textured Wool-Cashmere)

http://www.bonobos.com/store/item/Na...ack_Alma_Mater


Which one is the best for this spring-summer?

The Bonobos is ridiculously short on the model. Brooks Bros looks much more classic IMO
post #7147 of 33197
is there a shoe polishing faq type thread? I need to put together my first shoe car box.
post #7148 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquireStrength View Post
is there a shoe polishing faq type thread?

I need to put together my first shoe car box.
I read this thread earlier today. There are 6 pages with a lot of good advice on shoe care and shoe care products.
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=10830
post #7149 of 33197
Thanks Kellgy
post #7150 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquireStrength View Post
Thanks Kellgy

post #7151 of 33197
Looking for some hawk eyes to ID these shoes. The boat chukka is driving me mad - i've seen 4 or 5 people wearing them but can't find them anywhere.

Any ID's get huge respect as these have defeated me.


Attachment 61641

Attachment 61642
LL
LL
post #7152 of 33197
where can i get a shirt like this with a 14'' collar?

from au revoir les enfants:

post #7153 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post
I'd like to know what SF thinks of this jacket for spring and summer wear:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Nii's list of essentials brought it to my attention. The price is very low and I assume that Brooks Brothers isn't bad quality (maybe that is a bad assumtion). I'd love to hear your thoughts. It would be my first light-weight jacket and therefore probably the only thing I could wear comfortably in the very hot Japanese summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hattori_gonzo View Post
In fact, I don't know what to buy for a classic sportcoat between those two:

- Brooks Brothers Regent Fit Soft Jacket (Pure cotton)

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

Which one is the best for this spring-summer?

Brooks is generally decent quality and style, particularly if you get a good price. At least in the picture, that jacket looks fine. You should try it on if you have the chance. I agree with Larson McCord, the bonobos jacket is ridiculously short. It also has too high button stance for my taste.
post #7154 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bluesky View Post
Looking for some hawk eyes to ID these shoes. The boat chukka is driving me mad - i've seen 4 or 5 people wearing them but can't find them anywhere.

Any ID's get huge respect as these have defeated me.


Attachment 61641

Attachment 61642
Saw some boat chukkas in the Herrington catalogue. Might have been polo RL.
post #7155 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianiceman View Post
Saw some boat chukkas in the Herrington catalogue. Might have been polo RL.


Thanks - I a nice man. Are these the chukkas you where thinking of? http://www.herringtoncatalog.com/cs435.html


The closest I have found to the chukkas are ndc made by hand:
http://www.highsnobiety.com/news/tag/ndc-made-by-hand/

Closest to the brown boots are Tom Ford:
http://tooklookbook.com/brands/tom-f...-winter/look-1

Closest to tan oxfords are ndc made by hand:
http://www1.yoox.com/item/YOOX/N.D.C...U/sts/sr_men80
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)