or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 476

post #7126 of 33197
What material is FLAX?

Thank you
post #7127 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enema View Post
What material is FLAX?

Thank you

Here you go
post #7128 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrd617 View Post

Well, I expect a pro answer, but thank you very much....
post #7129 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enema View Post
Well, I expect a pro answer, but thank you very much....

That answer was pro
Anyway it's linen if you didn't bother to read the links.
post #7130 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by officeboy View Post
That answer was pro
Anyway it's linen if you didn't bother to read the links.

Ah thank you, I was confussed with all the links.

Linen sounds better to me than flax, that sounds petrol like..
post #7131 of 33197
Thanks for the info, guys. Logger boots seem to be the right direction. I'll check into those brands.
post #7132 of 33197
Quick question about sleeve length and cuff size on a french cuff shirt.

I've never own a french cuff shirt, I'm planning on getting one from ModernTailor, what sleeve length should I tell them if my regular sleeve length is 24.5" in. Aren't the french cuff sleeve a little longer, and you're supposed to fold them back and cuff them with links? Correct me.

And also, if my regular cuff size is 7" in, does my french cuff size is 7" as well of do they need to be smaller?

Thanks in advance.
post #7133 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pieceofsand View Post
Quick question about sleeve length and cuff size on a french cuff shirt.

I've never own a french cuff shirt, I'm planning on getting one from ModernTailor, what sleeve length should I tell them if my regular sleeve length is 24.5" in. Aren't the french cuff sleeve a little longer, and you're supposed to fold them back and cuff them with links? Correct me.

And also, if my regular cuff size is 7" in, does my french cuff size is 7" as well of do they need to be smaller?

Thanks in advance.

I haven't ordered from ModernTailor but i own several French Cuff shirts, and the sleeve length always includes the folded back portion so you should just order normal sleeve length.
post #7134 of 33197
Are Globe-trotter attache's sold with tags? I am looking into purchasing an attache case on ebay. The seller has listed it as NWOT. When I inquired as to the reasons for the tag being removed, he stated that Globe-trotter does not have tags on their cases. However looking around the B&S forums, there is a picture of a NWT globe-trotter with some kind of tag on it as well as bubble wrap around the handles.
post #7135 of 33197
Hi - Anyone have any tips on caring for expensive T-Shirts?
post #7136 of 33197
Wanting to switch out some buttons on a Navy suit jacket to make it into a blazer.

Any good places to get them from? Was thinking a light colour, off white maybe. Any suggestions?
post #7137 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikejj View Post
Hi - Anyone have any tips on caring for expensive T-Shirts?
A t-shirt is a t-shirt; it's just a bigger waste of money to trash an expensive one. Wash in cold water. Hang to dry if you're very concerned about shrinkage/fading; tumble dry low if you're not so fanatical/have no space or time to hang them/out of quarters; tumble dry high if the shirt looks too "new" and you're going for a well-worn look.

All that is for 100% cotton tees. Alway hang blends with spandex, silk, rayon, etc. Poly-cotton blends should simply be burnt.
post #7138 of 33197
I own a pair of really nice black suede double monk strap cap toe shoes. Pretty much very formal - so I dont wear them as much as Id love to. Any ideas how to dress them down? Maybe even as far as to raw denim/BD shirt level. Any tricks would be appreciated.
post #7139 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kontra View Post
I own a pair of really nice black suede double monk strap cap toe shoes. Pretty much very formal - so I dont wear them as much as Id love to.
Any ideas how to dress them down? Maybe even as far as to raw denim/BD shirt level.
Any tricks would be appreciated.

Double monks can be easily dressed up or down. Although I think brown suede is more versatile, I would do excactly as you have said - raw denim, OCBD and maybe a navy blazer.
post #7140 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by inimitable View Post
Wanting to switch out some buttons on a Navy suit jacket to make it into a blazer.

Any good places to get them from? Was thinking a light colour, off white maybe. Any suggestions?

Lots of places on the web/ebay to get buttons but the cheap way is to go to a Goodwill or something and find a nice brand jacket that is trashed/dated for $5 and harvest the buttons.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)