or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 442

post #6616 of 33197
Any threads with last-ditch tips for removing (coffee) stains from pants? Will the soak-this-in-oxiclean-til-judgement-day trick work on coffee stains?



And if not... Turning slim-fitting dress khakis into shorts: doable or no?
post #6617 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bartlebooth View Post
Any threads with last-ditch tips for removing (coffee) stains from pants? Will the soak-this-in-oxiclean-til-judgement-day trick work on coffee stains? And if not... Turning slim-fitting dress khakis into shorts: doable or no?
Are the pants washable? If so, I would definitely give Vman's method a try. If not you can just take a oxyclean to it with a really soft toothbrush and gentle scrubbing. Also, they have little bottles at the supermarket for specific stains. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4084 As for the slim fitting Khakis -> shorts. Just one question, do you have a bike?
post #6618 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by matstyleku View Post
Are the pants washable? If so, I would definitely give Vman's method a try. If not you can just take a oxyclean to it with a really soft toothbrush and gentle scrubbing. Also, they have little bottles at the supermarket for specific stains.

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=4084


As for the slim fitting Khakis -> shorts. Just one question, do you have a bike?

Thanks. I'd seen that thread, but it seemed to be mostly about removing collar and pit stains. The pants are washable, though, so I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

And no, I don't have a bike, but I do live in San Francisco
post #6619 of 33197
Club Monaco grey pinstripe suit, blue Isaia gingham shirt, pink bowtie, polka dot socks and black chucks? I think itll be fun...
post #6620 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by matstyleku View Post
For those that wear dress shirts everyday is 19 dress shirts too many? I need room in my closet.

Someone already said no, but I'm saying you don't need that many. If you have enough shirts that you can go 2 weeks without doing the laundry, you have enough.
post #6621 of 33197
Obviously there's nothing wrong with having lots of shirts, but if you need closet space then I think getting rid of some of them is pretty appropriate.
post #6622 of 33197
I just spent 100 dollars on a pair of burgundy Bass loafers. It's my first pair of burgundy shoes. I already have black and brown belts to match my (nicer) black and brown shoes. Should I buy a burgundy belt now?
post #6623 of 33197
Can dirty bucks and saddle shoes be worn year round or are they seasonal?
post #6624 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoto Chan View Post
I just spent 100 dollars on a pair of burgundy Bass loafers. It's my first pair of burgundy shoes. I already have black and brown belts to match my (nicer) black and brown shoes. Should I buy a burgundy belt now?

Ideally, yes a burgundy belt, however depending on the shade of burgundy most people can get away with a brown, or black belt if the color is close. If the burgundy is more red, then I think you have to get the burgundy belt.
post #6625 of 33197
quick question: What are the most common/popular/affordable shoe trees? I'm looking to get a new, decent enough pair (cedar) but am not particicularly looking to pay out the ass for them.
post #6626 of 33197
as a 21 year old, I have had a hard time upgrading my wardrobe with more professional dress. Where is a good place to start looking for 33x36 dress pants (multiple colors), and a 38L slim navy suit.....on the cheap
post #6627 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_bred View Post
quick question: What are the most common/popular/affordable shoe trees? I'm looking to get a new, decent enough pair (cedar) but am not particicularly looking to pay out the ass for them.

I get my shoe trees from Jos A Banks. They are always on sale for less than $15.
post #6628 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by boston_bred View Post
quick question: What are the most common/popular/affordable shoe trees? I'm looking to get a new, decent enough pair (cedar) but am not particicularly looking to pay out the ass for them.

Nordstrom Rack has good quality shoe trees for $12.99 a pair.
post #6629 of 33197
Good pair of versatile dress shoes for a 20 year old starting a more professional wardrobe?
post #6630 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesssir View Post
Can dirty bucks and saddle shoes be worn year round or are they seasonal?

There are certainly people who consider them to be seasonal. I think it depends partly on where you live and partly on how beholden you are to such traditions. I live in Los Angeles, and I dress for the weather rather than the season: if it's 70+ degrees out, I'll wear white bucks even if it's February.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)