or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 425

post #6361 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
It's not your height that matters but the length of your torso. I don't think that jacket looks overly long. Could you go shorter? Try it on and see.
+1 The front pic is dark but it looks like the bottom of the jacket is past (or right at) your fingertips.
post #6362 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_del View Post
What shoes would you wear with this suit ? Thanks for your replies ... much appreciated

http://www.ehaberdasher.com/images/n...1006st18aa.jpg

You know my answer.
post #6363 of 33197
My experience has been that I have been happier with the fit of jackets that I have to have my tailor take in a little than with jackets I have to have him let out. I've seen similar comments here at SF. I try to adjust my purchasing accordingly.

Here's my question, does the same hold true for trousers, is it the opposite, or does it make no difference at all?

-Mike
post #6364 of 33197
Hey I'm a relatively new member, been looking at picking up a suit on Ebay. I've seen quite a few Oscar De La Renta Suits that I quite like, however I'm wondering how they fit... I'm a 38S with a 33 - 34" waist. Also I can't seem to find any information online on how to tell if it is Authentic or not (i.e. what to look for in the tags).

Any help is much appreciated.
post #6365 of 33197
Should I buy this SPURR suit for $448 (retail $1300)?



More pics:

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)



post #6366 of 33197
..
post #6367 of 33197
Can you tell if these are shell cordovan? They're Church's but i have no idea...

post #6368 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRA8324 View Post
Can you tell if these are shell cordovan? They're Church's but i have no idea...


Nope, that's not shell.
post #6369 of 33197
Can someone either (a) point me to a website that goes over the ways of obtaining the measurements of a shirt (dress or casual) using a cloth measuring tape or (b) go into detail on how to go about obtaining those measurements? Anything with pictures or video as a guide would be a big plus. Thanks in advance. EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm having difficulty with measurements where seam stitches are wide. In some cases, a seam stitch can be 1/4" or wider, so I don't know if I should be measuring from the outside of one seam stitch to the other, from the inside of one to the other, or from the center. I hope that made sense.
post #6370 of 33197
Can you guys suggest some nice brow suede shoes with a rubber sole that I can wear casually with jean and a button down.

Bonus points if is or comes narrow.

Thanks.
post #6371 of 33197
What is a "sack suit"
post #6372 of 33197
I've never had a proper suit before and needed one for interviews, so I ordered a BB Fitzgerald which arrived today. The problem is that I'm 5'6, skinny (35 chest) and the 36S doesn't seem to be fitting very well. The sleeves are obviously too long and fits huge around the body, but I assume that those can be helped with tailoring. The most concerning problems are the length and shoulders. So my question is, can this suit be saved with tailoring, or is it a lost cause like I think it is? If it's hopeless, what's my next step? I'm not keen on ordering MTM over the internet if I can avoid it, nor do I want to drop 4k on bespoke just to get an interview suit. Something around 1k would be ideal.
LL
post #6373 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by digilypse View Post
I've never had a proper suit before and needed one for interviews, so I ordered a BB Fitzgerald which arrived today.

The problem is that I'm 5'6, skinny (35 chest) and the 36S doesn't seem to be fitting very well. The sleeves are obviously too long and fits huge around the body, but I assume that those can be helped with tailoring. The most concerning problems are the length and shoulders.

So my question is, can this suit be saved with tailoring, or is it a lost cause like I think it is? If it's hopeless, what's my next step? I'm not keen on ordering MTM over the internet if I can avoid it, nor do I want to drop 4k on bespoke just to get an interview suit. Something around 1k would be ideal.

How far away are you from a brooks brothers store?
post #6374 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rugger View Post
How far away are you from a brooks brothers store?
About a 3 hour drive away, which is reasonable. Much closer than most other brand stores, anyway. Why?
post #6375 of 33197
I'd take the drive and try on a size smaller. Call ahead, of course.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)