or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 416

post #6226 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post
What does it mean when a seller says that a jacket they're selling is 'fully lined'? Why is it a good thing?

Nb: Is it the same as a suit being fully canvassed? if so, I have the answer to my questions.

Saying a jacket is fully lined is mostly a marketing technique, it doesn't mean it is better, it just means that the whole back, arms and sides have lining. This is not the same thing as fully canvassed. The canvassing is in between the lining and the suit's outer fabric in the front sections of the jacket.
post #6227 of 33197
Thank you patrickBOOTH. I get it now.
post #6228 of 33197
Hi
Can anyone ID the coat that Brian Williams is wearing on Nightly news from Cairo?
post #6229 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
Saying a jacket is fully lined is mostly a marketing technique, it doesn't mean it is better, it just means that the whole back, arms and sides have lining. This is not the same thing as fully canvassed. The canvassing is in between the lining and the suit's outer fabric in the front sections of the jacket.

In fact, a partially lined jacket may be superior (sorta) to a fully lined one, as the seams and such must be nicely finished because they won't be hidden by lining.
post #6230 of 33197
Where to buy AE Strand, walnut size 12.. any good way to get 2nd's?
post #6231 of 33197
It seems to me that sellers of top end sportcoats (e.g. Zegnas, Canalis) on SF and elsewhere often do not advertise canvassing in their products. Questions: Is canvassing not a factor when puchasing high end SCs, unlike in suits? So, while the best suits shoudl be canvassed, that is not the case for SCs?
post #6232 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post
It seems to me that sellers of top end sportcoats (e.g. Zegnas, Canalis) on SF and elsewhere often do not advertise canvassing in their products.

Questions: Is canvassing not a factor when puchasing high end SCs, unlike in suits? So, while the best suits shoudl be canvassed, that is not the case for SCs?

No difference between a jacket paired with pants and a jacket sold on it's own. The same build issues exist.

No point pushing canvassing in ads if the average customer has no idea what it is or if they should care.

Your ads should push things that people have an idea about.
post #6233 of 33197
Hi, posted this in SW&D section and didnt get much of a response - was hoping MC could be a little more helpful:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHECKstar View Post
Which tshirt fits better? Both are from Sunspel - the white is a small while the gray is a medium (the accidentally sent me the wrong size).

post #6234 of 33197
Seeing you on the streets, grey looks better in my opinion.
post #6235 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicola View Post
No difference between a jacket paired with pants and a jacket sold on it's own. The same build issues exist.

No point pushing canvassing in ads if the average customer has no idea what it is or if they should care.

Your ads should push things that people have an idea about.

Thanks for your reply.
post #6236 of 33197
what kind of cuff is this?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
post #6237 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by uNiCoRnPriNcEsSx View Post
what kind of cuff is this?



Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Angle cut.
post #6238 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBristolJr View Post
Angle cut.

Often also called a 'mitered' cuff.
post #6239 of 33197
thanks
post #6240 of 33197
I bought a suit off of SF, the measurements to the jacket were perfect, but the pants were 35 and I'm a 32. He said it could be tailored to fit, is it possible or did I just take a loss?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)