or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 397

post #5941 of 33196
i know MTM... but what is "CTM" ...?
post #5942 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
i know MTM... but what is "CTM" ...?

Cut Trim Make, if I'm not mistaken. When you bring your own cloth to a tailor to get something made.
post #5943 of 33196
^Cut, Make & Trim. If I were to get a navy SB Blazersuit made from H&S Target cloth, should I go with herringbone or plain weave? http://cgi.ebay.com/HOLLAND-SHERRY-T...3#ht_500wt_922 http://cgi.ebay.com/HOLLAND-SHERRY-T...7#ht_500wt_922
post #5944 of 33196
I'm afraid this is a point and laugh at the newbie question, but what the heck, if you don't ask, you don't learn. What's with the threads showing 'so obviously' on sports coats? See the shoulder shots of what appear to be very good coats (Pixes, 2,7,8 from the top for example). See here Wouldn't threads showing like that on a coat be a bad thing? But on the contrary a lot of sellers seem to make a point to put it in their pixes. And do dudes walk around wearing threads like that showing up on their suits?
post #5945 of 33196
Pink shirt, ivory white pocket square, grey suit with micro windowpane in light blue. OR White shirt, ivory white pocket square, grey suit with micro windowpane in light blue. This is for a wedding. Option #1 too loud? Can white and ivory white go together or will it be a disaster?
post #5946 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post
I'm afraid this is a point and laugh at the newbie question, but what the heck, if you don't ask, you don't learn.

What's with the threads showing 'so obviously' on sports coats? See the shoulder shots of what appear to be very good coats (Pixes, 2,7,8 from the top for example).

See here

Wouldn't threads showing like that on a coat be a bad thing? But on the contrary a lot of sellers seem to make a point to put it in their pixes. And do dudes walk around wearing threads like that showing up on their suits?

No worries- it's called pick stitching and many find it desirable because it shows (or imitates) handwork. As you might infer, the more handwork involved in the making of a garment, the more expensive, and presumably the higher quality.
post #5947 of 33196
Thank you BlueHorseShoe, much appreciated.
post #5948 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersSon View Post
I'm afraid this is a point and laugh at the newbie question, but what the heck, if you don't ask, you don't learn.

What's with the threads showing 'so obviously' on sports coats? See the shoulder shots of what appear to be very good coats (Pixes, 2,7,8 from the top for example).

See here

Wouldn't threads showing like that on a coat be a bad thing? But on the contrary a lot of sellers seem to make a point to put it in their pixes. And do dudes walk around wearing threads like that showing up on their suits?

You meant the white threads? They're supposed to be removed before wearing. Sellers take pictures of them to show that they're actually new.

If you meant the similar color threads, they're pickstitching.
post #5949 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
Pink shirt, ivory white pocket square, grey suit with micro windowpane in light blue.

OR

White shirt, ivory white pocket square, grey suit with micro windowpane in light blue.

This is for a wedding. Option #1 too loud? Can white and ivory white go together or will it be a disaster?

you are not supposed to draw attention to yourself at weddings, so dress as conservatively as your wardrobe allows.
post #5950 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post
you are not supposed to draw attention to yourself at weddings, so dress as conservatively as your wardrobe allows.

I do know that. The windowpane suit is the only half decent one I have now. Need to decide between the pink or the white shirt.
post #5951 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
You meant the white threads? They're supposed to be removed before wearing. Sellers take pictures of them to show that they're actually new. If you meant the similar color threads, they're pickstitching.
Crap, am I glad I came back to check on this thread! I meant the white threads - would have walked around with those showing....
post #5952 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBear View Post
I do know that. The windowpane suit is the only half decent one I have now. Need to decide between the pink or the white shirt.

i figured it was a budgetary concern. so the color of the shirt should be conservative hence white
post #5953 of 33196
Ebay navy blazer description says "wool and slightly fuzzy appearance." Any ideas what fabric it is? Barring pilling is fuzziness undesirable in blazer?
post #5954 of 33196
post #5955 of 33196
Quote:
Originally Posted by poissa View Post
Matthew Perry maybe
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)