or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 396

post #5926 of 32786
^
Sorry, but that shirt is way too tight on you. The shoulders are a little too small and the arms and chest are too tight. You need to find a shirt that fits you correctly.
post #5927 of 32786
Anyone know of a place to get suede wingtips with a red brick sole? Alden made a model for Blackbird awhile ago, but they've got very limited sizing at this point. I think Tricker's made something like this a about a year ago, but I can't find anything quite like this now.
post #5928 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobscrk777 View Post
Anyone know of a place to get suede wingtips with a red brick sole? Alden made a model for Blackbird awhile ago, but they've got very limited sizing at this point. I think Tricker's made something like this a about a year ago, but I can't find anything quite like this now.


Link1

Link2

Link3
post #5929 of 32786
My jacket was recently stolen, so I'm in the market. Are toggle coats OK to wear in an office-setting? Was thinking of grabbing the Schott NYC one.
post #5930 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patek View Post
^
Sorry, but that shirt is way too tight on you. The shoulders are a little too small and the arms and chest are too tight. You need to find a shirt that fits you correctly.

Why do you say this? I don't see any pulling. I think the shirt looks fine, especially compared to what one normally finds.
post #5931 of 32786
does C&J make this shoe? anyone have it/ have thoughts on quality/ durability given the "lightweight" construction? thanks!

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...WN_1?$altview$
post #5932 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambien walrus View Post
My jacket was recently stolen, so I'm in the market. Are toggle coats OK to wear in an office-setting? Was thinking of grabbing the Schott NYC one.

Depends on the office / kind of work you do. For all but the most formal of professions - I'd say yes. What kind of work do you do?
post #5933 of 32786
Can anyone suggest a nice blazer that looks similar to this?

Charcoal or medium grey, tweed, wool or cashmere or blend. 2 button with mid-width lapels -

Need a 40R also-

post #5934 of 32786
Can someone recommend a houndstooth micro-check shirt in blue and white? I have one from Uniqlo from some years back, but it's wearing out and they don't seem to make it anymore. (And I'm no longer impressed by their quality.)

Alternatively, I'd go for a gingham shirt, like this one but with button cuffs. But I'd prefer the houndstooth.
post #5935 of 32786
Anyone know any good alternative to Quoddy. I like the Maliseet oxford in black but I can't justify spending $250 on a casual style shoe. I have the LL Bean Bluchers which are great but the don't come in black.
post #5936 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasai View Post
Can someone recommend a houndstooth micro-check shirt in blue and white? I have one from Uniqlo from some years back, but it's wearing out and they don't seem to make it anymore. (And I'm no longer impressed by their quality.)

Alternatively, I'd go for a gingham shirt, like this one but with button cuffs. But I'd prefer the houndstooth.

That site has blue gingham with button cuffs in case you didn't see it.
post #5937 of 32786
I did, but it's in a twill fabric and I thought broadcloth or similar might be more versatile for dual suit/casual wear. Or is the twill fine either way?
post #5938 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag229487 View Post
Can anyone suggest a nice blazer that looks similar to this?

Charcoal or medium grey, tweed, wool or cashmere or blend. 2 button with mid-width lapels -

Need a 40R also-


I have something exactly like that from BB except it's in camelhair. I'm not sure if they still make it but might be worth a check.
post #5939 of 32786
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasai View Post
I did, but it's in a twill fabric and I thought broadcloth or similar might be more versatile for dual suit/casual wear. Or is the twill fine either way?

I think it's fine either way. I wear mine with jeans, jackets and suits.
post #5940 of 32786
What is the least creasing shirt material? Polyester, silk? Twilled cotton? I'm looking to order more mtm shirts, but I don't want them to be raunchy.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)