or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 386

post #5776 of 33197
I bought an item off ebay titled "RALPH LAUREN POLO MENS BLAZER COAT CASHMERE WOOL" which turned out to be "Ralph" by RL, which could be seen in the pictures, but by then I had it in my head that it was "Polo" by RL. I returned it for a refund, but I feel that I should be reimbursed for shipping since the item was misrepresented in the title. Any opinions on this? It's been relisted without changes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110632190682
post #5777 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_loblaw View Post
I bought an item off ebay titled "RALPH LAUREN POLO MENS BLAZER COAT CASHMERE WOOL" which turned out to be "Ralph" by RL, which could be seen in the pictures, but by then I had it in my head that it was "Polo" by RL. I returned it for a refund, but I feel that I should be reimbursed for shipping since the item was misrepresented in the title. Any opinions on this? It's been relisted without changes:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110632190682

Not a chance. 7 of the 9 pictures show the label. You should have seen what it was. The title was a bit of a keyword spam, but overall, it looks like the jacket is fairly represented.
post #5778 of 33197
I'm a US 9E in Allen Edmonds Park Ave. Can you tell me what I would be on the Alden Barrie last?
post #5779 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptjeff View Post
Nowhere close. It's longer than a car coat, is actually shaped (car coats usually are not), ect.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ich_Dien View Post
It's not a car coat, honestly, it has a belted back...
http://www.google.com/images?q=doubl...+wool+car+coat http://www.fourinhand.com/catalog.asp?dept=104003
post #5780 of 33197
Crossposting from S&D - was told I might have better luck over here. I'm a noob needing to scoop some braces/suspenders. At least one "work" pair for wearing with denim and one for office wear with suits, etc. Any advice on brands, materials, etc is appreciated. Should I match them with suit/tie the way one might do with shoes? Or is it like matching a pocket square?

Thanks guys.
post #5781 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrym97 View Post
What is wrong with this custom made shirt (from Thiland)? How do I tell the tailor to fix it?

I think it fits great as long as i don't move, but I feel like I am going to rip the seams if I cross my arms, raise my arms or gesticulate too wildly.

I can't even figure out what to tell the tailor to change. Is this just the way custom shirts are? Perfect fit, but don't move!

pictures: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=8f428c2945

I got an email from a tailor (he says) today. He says that the fit is correct.

It sure doesn't feel correct. Are custom made shirts supposed to be tight and constrictive?

Can anyone help? What do I need to ask for?

I am so dumb about shirts, I don't even know what to ask.

HELP ME before I go back to ordering from Land's End!

THANK YOU!!
post #5782 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlino View Post
How do you remove salt stains from shoes? I'm getting conflicting advice when I try and google it.. Does anyone know of an effective measure?

why don't you just take the shoes to be shined?
post #5783 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgmessier View Post
I'm a US 9E in Allen Edmonds Park Ave. Can you tell me what I would be on the Alden Barrie last?

Best to try it on if possible. Sizes vary from one maker to the next.
post #5784 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon8 View Post
why don't you just take the shoes to be shined?

? Polishing over salt stains isn't going to help at all.
post #5785 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrym97 View Post
I got an email from a tailor (he says) today. He says that the fit is correct.

It sure doesn't feel correct. Are custom made shirts supposed to be tight and constrictive?

Can anyone help? What do I need to ask for?

I am so dumb about shirts, I don't even know what to ask.

HELP ME before I go back to ordering from Land's End!

THANK YOU!!

It looks way too restrictive. Did you want it to be very fitted? Did you get fittings?
post #5786 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by saxamaphone View Post
Crossposting from S&D - was told I might have better luck over here. I'm a noob needing to scoop some braces/suspenders. At least one "work" pair for wearing with denim and one for office wear with suits, etc. Any advice on brands, materials, etc is appreciated. Should I match them with suit/tie the way one might do with shoes? Or is it like matching a pocket square?

Thanks guys.

Wearing suspenders/braces with denim is ridiculous. I can't imagine it looking good. The biggest problem is going to be you'll have to get clip-on suspenders, which is the mark of the insert vaguely offensive epithet for rural American white person here.

Braces on suits are a different matter. No need to match them with anything, because unlike Larry King no one will ever see your braces. You'll keep them concealed underneath your suit coat at all times because you're at work and don't take your coat off in public. Expensive material can be silk, but there's nothing wrong with starting with a simple pair in nylon. These Brooks Brothers are nice, but you can get used Trafalgar braces on ebay fairly cheaply. Look for leather tabs.

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...lt_color=Black

Just make sure your pants have the buttons for attachment, or pay to have your tailor install them. Never, never, never, never, never wear clip on suspenders. It cannot possibly look good and people will laugh at you and you won't ever get a woman to be interested in you as anything more than a reject from Revenge of the Nerds.
post #5787 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Braces on suits are a different matter. No need to match them with anything, because unlike Larry King no one will ever see your braces. You'll keep them concealed underneath your suit coat at all times because you're at work and don't take your coat off in public.

I don't see a problem with exposing the braces. In fact, LK aside, I think it can look quite good. Besides, I do take my suit coat off in the office.
post #5788 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman View Post
Wearing suspenders/braces with denim is ridiculous.


Kids today.

http://shop.sivletto.com/system/sear...ct.asp?id=2221
post #5789 of 33197
few (potentially stupid questions) regarding an online purchase of some Brooks Brothers trousers

When ordering Flannel trou it asks for the inseam, would this be the same as the length specified when ordering chinos (i.e. 34 32, is the 32 the inseam?)

How are their Donnegal trousers woven in Italy? I thought Donnegal came from ireland?

How does the regent fit compare to the Milano fit?
post #5790 of 33197
I am watching Choas Theory with Ryan Renyolds and I was wondering if anyone knows what over coat he is wearing?






New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)