or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 309

post #4621 of 33180
peacoat or leather jacket for socal f/w/sp since all three seasons are practically the same down here
post #4622 of 33180
Can someone answer my question please?
post #4623 of 33180
Brown with black looks silly. Different shades of brown are acceptable, although, I prefer my shoes and belts to match as much as possible unless I'm mismatching them on purpose, in which case I carefully study the result before I go out of the house.
post #4624 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Brown with black looks silly. Different shades of brown are acceptable

Alright, so in the image example I gave, is the brown color difference too much?
post #4625 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Can someone answer my question please?

I think the real question here is, why are you wearing those hideous shoes? And with a casual belt?
post #4626 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH View Post
I think the real question here is, why are you wearing those hideous shoes? And with a casual belt?

Those are not mine, it's just an example (I think those Gucci shoes are quite nice though).

What I want to know is whether the color difference between the dark brown belt and light brown shoes is acceptable or not done?
post #4627 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Those are not mine, it's just an example (I think those Gucci shoes are quite nice though).

What I want to know is whether the color difference between the dark brown belt and light brown shoes is acceptable or not done?

1. For dressy/formal/office/work situation, they must match. For casual situations, it can be done, but I can hardly remember seeing anyone that did it successfully. The only one example in my head is this guy wearing shoes/bag in one color, and belt/bracelet in the other color. Again, rather hard to do.
2. Those shoes are ugly, very ugly, the stitching is uneven, the logo is idiotic, the calf leather also looks cheap, the small piece of crocodile toe is worthless (crocodile skin is like diamond, the value is exponentially decreasing as the size goes down. Gucci has some nicer shoes, but those are hard to find.
post #4628 of 33180
What is the most appropriate kind of jacket to wear in the (New England) winter over a sports/suit coat?

Also is it OK to wear khaki colored pants all winter?
post #4629 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by onix View Post
1. For dressy/formal/office/work situation, they must match. For casual situations, it can be done, but I can hardly remember seeing anyone that did it successfully. The only one example in my head is this guy wearing shoes/bag in one color, and belt/bracelet in the other color. Again, rather hard to do.

Okay, thanks for the advice. Then I'll have to buy a lighter brown color belt.

Quote:
2. Those shoes are ugly, very ugly, the stitching is uneven, the logo is idiotic, the calf leather also looks cheap, the small piece of crocodile toe is worthless (crocodile skin is like diamond, the value is exponentially decreasing as the size goes down. Gucci has some nicer shoes, but those are hard to find.

I agree that the little piece of crocodile skin looks weird on the shoe, but it's not as bad overall as you claim it to be. If you find that very ugly, then you've never seen Crocs before. :P
post #4630 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudius View Post
Okay, thanks for the advice. Then I'll have to buy a lighter brown color belt.



I agree that the little piece of crocodile skin looks weird on the shoe, but it's not as bad overall as you claim it to be. If you find that very ugly, then you've never seen Crocs before. :P

Crocs aren't even shoes in my book. The ones you posted are shoes, albeit very ugly ones.
post #4631 of 33180
Quote:
Originally Posted by acecow View Post
Crocs aren't even shoes in my book. The ones you posted are shoes, albeit very ugly ones.
There are way worse looking shoes, and that's your opinion. This pair looks okay to me, not great. Crocs are shoes too. :P
post #4632 of 33180
..
post #4633 of 33180
What is this coat called? I like the length of the coat. http://imgur.com/d3JjN Does anyone know where I can find this coat in charcoal color or any color close to gray. Even tweed would be pretty cool
post #4634 of 33180
To the dude above, looks like some sort of derivative of an officer's coat. I believe Rag & Bone does something like that every F/W.

Actually have my own question to. Has anyone ever heard of Southcombe gloves? Saw them on eBay and evidently been around for 160 years, but haven't been able to find anything on SF.
Thanks.
post #4635 of 33180
wow you have good eye. It is rag&bone. Is it a double breasted wool coat? What do you call a coat w/ that length? and where can I find something similar. My focus here is on the length of the coat and double breast wool.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)