or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 291

post #4351 of 33197

..


Edited by Archivist - 7/21/11 at 10:07pm
post #4352 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archivist View Post
Brooks carries 36 Regular, and up in 1 inch increments. Maybe the SA you talked to meant they didn't have 36 in that store?

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatS...color=&sortby=

Yep. I am also surprised that a store in Japan wouldn't carry smaller sizes.
post #4353 of 33197
Thanks for tie suggestions, EZE and Archivist. #2 it is!
post #4354 of 33197
I went to Nordstrom to try on some Allen Edmonds. The lady told me that I had a narrow arch and that I need to wear Italian or Spanish cut shoes, because they will fit better. She then had me try on some Hugo Boss Chesterfields, and I will say that they fit much better through the arch and lower ankle. Are there any other brands that have AE style but are slimmer cut?
post #4355 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by jddillard3 View Post
I went to Nordstrom to try on some Allen Edmonds. The lady told me that I had a narrow arch and that I need to wear Italian or Spanish cut shoes, because they will fit better. She then had me try on some Hugo Boss Chesterfields, and I will say that they fit much better through the arch and lower ankle. Are there any other brands that have AE style but are slimmer cut?

Try width C or B?
post #4356 of 33197
Moved
post #4357 of 33197
I just bought a tom ford glen plaid sport jacket (6:2), and I love it, but I'm 20, and I'm certain that I wont be able to pull it off as easy as a peaked sb. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter it to a sb-peak lapel. Ive heard of such things done before, but not to something so fine, and with mixed opions on their results.

Has anyone attempted this before with satisfactory results?
post #4358 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE View Post
I just bought a tom ford glen plaid sport jacket (6:2), and I love it, but I'm 20, and I'm certain that I wont be able to pull it off as easy as a peaked sb. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter it to a sb-peak lapel. Ive heard of such things done before, but not to something so fine, and with mixed opions on their results.

Has anyone attempted this before with satisfactory results?

Don't even try. If you love it, just wear it. Don't worry about 'pulling it off', trust yourself a little.

There's no point ruining an expensive jacket that's great in every way except for a concern about what other people think.
post #4359 of 33197
where might one find slim fitting trousers made of this fabric? i'm really liking the texture of these
post #4360 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALFAMALE View Post
I just bought a tom ford glen plaid sport jacket (6:2), and I love it, but I'm 20, and I'm certain that I wont be able to pull it off as easy as a peaked sb. So, I was wondering if it would be possible to alter it to a sb-peak lapel. Ive heard of such things done before, but not to something so fine, and with mixed opions on their results.

Has anyone attempted this before with satisfactory results?

super bad idea. Either sell it or wear it with confidence.
post #4361 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Anyone know where I can still find the C&J Boswell, or a brown captoe blucher on a similar last?


I have those in black and really love them. Since the Boswell is now discontinued you best bet will be the C&J Prestwood (on 358/348) or the Bradford available in both cordovan and calf.

I am getting the Prestwood next month.
post #4362 of 33197
Hi! I need some help about jeans with particular style pockets. Not long ago I had a present from my friend from Australia - a pair of RM Williams slim fit jeans. They have large and deep frontal pockets and wide coinpocket, so it's not a big deal to take out any change, that I put in there earlier. So, after wearing them for a while I don't feel quite comfortable with my relaxed fit Arizona anymore, because of their small pockets. Could you please point me out some models/brands with large frontal and coin pockets? I'd go for something that could be easily bought in JCP or Sears.
post #4363 of 33197
Is the TB fit similar to BoO? If I'm a size 1/small in BoO, what size would I be in TB?
post #4364 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonxking View Post
where might one find slim fitting trousers made of this fabric? i'm really liking the texture of these

There are some Mabitex going on in B&S right now that have a rather large plaid with a purple overcheck. They are made out of this thick, heavy wool that is almost like carpet or something. They've been posted in WAYWRN too and look great if you can pull them off. Go check the Mabitex threads... I know at least one or two of them still have that style.
post #4365 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonxking View Post
where might one find slim fitting trousers made of this fabric? i'm really liking the texture of these

Those are flannel pants. LL Bean Signature has some right now.

http://www.llbean.com/llbeansignatur...Gray%20Heather
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)