Recent Images In This Thread
- topicClothingtagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryDress Pantstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryFootweartagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- categoryShirtstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
- topicShoestagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoes Explainedtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- topicShoe Sizingtagged by Cleav, 2/21/15
- categorySuitstagged by SYSTEM, 7/18/11
Related Forum Threads
- Rock Your Socks- show your sock, shoe & pant combos Last post on Today at 6:46 am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF AUG 24, 2015 Last post on 5/28/16 at 9:36am in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 20, 2015 Last post on 7/28/15 at 1:12pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF JUL 6, 2015 Last post on 7/12/15 at 5:06pm in Classic Menswear
- NEW MEMBER INQUIRIES & QUICK QUESTIONS- CLASSIC MENSWEAR: WK OF APR 20, 2015 Last post on 4/26/15 at 5:41pm in Classic Menswear
Allen Edmonds: Sizing Guide
Last edited: 4/29/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X LastLast edited: 4/4/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Hampton LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Leydon LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: Van LastLast edited: 3/24/16
- Allen Edmonds
- The Armoury
- Batch Mens
- Craftsman Clothing
- David Fin
- Deo Veritas
- Drinkwater's Cambridge
- Equus Leather
- Exquisite Trimmings
- Falcon Garments
- Freemans Sporting Club
- A Fine Pair of Shoes
- H. Stockton
- Gentlemen's Footwear
- The Hanger Project
- Henry Blake
- H.N. White
- House of Kydos
- John Elliott
- Kent Wang
- Khaki's of Carmel
- Luxire Custom Clothing
- Meermin Mallorca
- MILER Menswear
- Need Supply Co.
- No Man Walks Alone
- Oliver Cabell
- once a day
- Pierpont Leather
- Portland Dry Goods
- Proper Cloth
- Ring Jacket
- S.E.H Kelly
- Self Edge
- Spier & Mackay
- Standard & Strange
- Suspension Point
- Taylor Stitch
- Uncle Otis
- Vanda Fine Clothing
- Virtual Clotheshorse
- Yellow Hook Necktie
Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2187post #32792 of 333376/2/16 at 7:43ampost #32793 of 333376/2/16 at 8:00amHi. I have been going through the forum for the past few months and finally decided to sign up! I am looking to buy rlbl Anthony and have tried 2 different suits in 42r but found there to be slight difference in shoulder measurement. These were used suits from different seasons_ so is it likely they have been altered or is there a (in)consistency in sizing through the seasons? One was 19.25inch and the other 19.
Thankspost #32794 of 333376/4/16 at 3:27am
Trying to choose most versatile shoe out of these, what do you think (i would like it to lean more to the casual side):
It's so hard because I equally like all of them. I'd say I love the looks of burgundi semi-brogue most, brown calf double monks would come close second, but what are the most versatile?post #32795 of 333376/4/16 at 3:35ampost #32796 of 333376/4/16 at 3:41amQuote:
I am not really worried about suits, because I almost never wear them (and I have brown cap toe oxfords in case I do wear a suit). I was thinking something like business casual and less formal outfit. For example going to a date in the summer evening, etc. I know there are much more casual options, like boots or loafters, but I just really dig the looks of these kind of shoes I shown.
How would the 1st shoe (burgundi brogue) compare to the double monk you advised in terms of versatility?post #32797 of 333376/4/16 at 3:55amIf you want to get the ladies to notice, go with the double monk. Actually either leather or suede but leather is more versatile. Monks are really best for casual
The brogues are nice but in my opinion too business oriented for dates and fun.
Btw, did you see the latest Entourage movie. If not google. Ari and others rocked the double monks hard and they looked good if you like that style
Edited by pravda - 6/4/16 at 10:58ampost #32798 of 333376/4/16 at 4:43ampost #32799 of 333376/4/16 at 5:27ampost #32800 of 333376/4/16 at 5:44amQuote:
I completely disagree. Monkstraps are probably the least versatile among the shoes shown. They are relative oddballs and are definitely outside the norm in terms of what is primarily seen on the street today. If that's what you are going for then that's fine, but they are definitely not versatile. Lurk moar.post #32801 of 333376/4/16 at 5:45ampost #32802 of 333376/4/16 at 5:48amQuote:Originally Posted by Caustic Man
I completely disagree. Monkstraps are probably the least versatile among the shoes shown. They are relative oddballs and are definitely outside the norm in terms of what is primarily seen on the street today. If that's what you are going for then that's fine, but they are definitely not versatile. Lurk moar.
In the USA, off of style forum, I agree 100%. Every time I see someone wearing monks in a professional setting they're dressed in some "look at me" combination of colors and fits. You really run the risk of being "that guy" when you wear monks.
There are too many answers from too many people who should still be asking.post #32803 of 333376/4/16 at 5:50amQuote:
What shoes are you used to? If you buy from the middle quality bench made range of options, Allen Edmonds is now offering a large number of rubber soles options. If you're more a JL or G&G kind of guy, you'll probably need to spec a rubber sole on a MTM order (Vass would be a good option).post #32804 of 333376/4/16 at 6:01amQuote:Originally Posted by Joenobody0
What shoes are you used to? If you buy from the middle quality bench made range of options, Allen Edmonds is now offering a large number of rubber soles options. If you're more a JL or G&G kind of guy, you'll probably need to spec a rubber sole on a MTM order (Vass would be a good option).
I'm still starting off my shoe wardrobe, just been rotating between my Loake Strands and Loake Aldwych for work. I've worn them a once or twice on a rainy day already but it doesn't feel right since the leather sole gets soaked.
Being in Australia, I prefer not to get Allen Edmonds because I feel I can get something better for the shipping costs. Also I feel the styles can be a bit clunky sometimes (definitely prefer a sleeker fit). G&G is definitely out of my budget for now as they are a large step up from my Loake's. $500 is probably the max I would go.
I have a pair of suede chukkas with a dainite sole, do you think I can get away with wearing them with a suit in the rain while I decide on a more appropriate pair of shoes?post #32805 of 333376/4/16 at 6:06amCheck out C&J, they do a few models on rubber. I don't think I've ever seen a C&J balmoral on rubber though.
I've worn shell chukkas with a suit, and I think it was appropriate. I think it would totally depend on the suit and the shoe, in your case. Ultimately, compromise is often necessary. It's not like someone will punch you in the face for wearing suede chukkas with a "smart" suit.
On edit; what about overshoes? Swims is a good brand.
- Alden Shoes Sizing Guide: 379X Last
- › Random fashion thoughts - Part II (A New Hope) 54 seconds ago
- › Crockett & Jones MTO Central 2 minutes ago
- › Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here 2 minutes ago
- › Suit Advice for Chubby Dude w/ weird measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Alden x J. Crew Waxed Tobacco Longwing Blucher - 11.5 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes,... 4 minutes ago
- › Enzo Bonafe Handmade Shoes. 6 minutes ago
- › Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2017- News, Pictures, Clothing,... 6 minutes ago
- › ENZO BONAFÉ MTO and GMTO Central 6 minutes ago
- › OFFICIAL President Trump Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Alden Brown analine (CXL) Plain toe blucher by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Men's Overlord Oxford, Brown, 8 D US by Lobster33
- › Alden #907 Straight Tip Bal Calfskin by smfdoc
- › Allen Edmonds Leeds 2.0 Derby Men's Shoes Size US 10 D Walnut... by Lobster33
- › Dr. Martens Unisex Original 10 Eye Steel Toe Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Chippewa Men's Super Logger Waterproof Boot by JC Echeverry
- › Mosey Life Working Girl Travel Laptop Tote by sprout2
- › Allen Cox Brief trunks by sprout2
- › Sutor Mantellassi Men's C 567 Oxford by sprout2
- › Alden Burgundy Shell Cordovan Longwing by smfdoc
- › Five Menswear Trends for Fall
- › Don’t “Just Buy a New One”,...
- › Why Pay Such A Premium For Sunspel Or James...
- › In the Details: Lucian Föhr
- › A Sunday Drive: Styleforum Spring GMTOs
- › Should I dryclean my jeans, and if not, how...
- › The 5 Most-Hyped Handbags of the Moment
- › Eight Vignettes in Search of a (Wedding) Theme
- › The Kent Wang Cufflink Giveaway
- › Where to Buy a Last-Minute Wedding Suit for...