or Connect
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear) - Page 2139

post #32071 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Black shoes with navy suit is not just perfectly fine, but preferable to the light tans and golden browns that people think make them well-dressed.

 

I could not agree more.

post #32072 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by bringusingoodale View Post

Black shoes and navy suit is the standard "gentleman's uniform"

again, if you are seriously advocating the brown shoe blue suit outfit over wearing black shoes as if somehow wearing black shoes is the lesser choice... it's time to step back from the forum and blog advice.

I think brown shoes with odd jacket and trousers can look good... Even dark brown and charcoal suit or navy suit, but the quickest way to label yourself as wannabe fop is to wear lighter shade of brown shoes with your dark suits.
When I said brown with black suits I meant dark brown as you indicated in your post. I never said navy and tan or any non-dark brown. You first mentioned it in the picture you posted.
post #32073 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mafoofan View Post

Black shoes with navy suit is not just perfectly fine, but preferable to the light tans and golden browns that people think make them well-dressed.

 

During my recent interview trail, every guy who I could tell was actually "trying" was wearing this combination. Goes for weddings as well. Most of them were also wearing some sort of gingham ties with a tie bar 4/5 times as well. Or a bowtie.

post #32074 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

During my recent interview trail, every guy who I could tell was actually "trying" was wearing this combination. Goes for weddings as well. Most of them were also wearing some sort of gingham ties with a tie bar 4/5 times as well. Or a bowtie.

Yep.

Socks are usually some large-scale argyle in bright colors.


In other words, the J. Crew look.
post #32075 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post

Most of them were also wearing some sort of gingham ties with a tie bar 4/5 times as well. Or a bowtie.
If you say it was so, I believe you. But I'd also note that you weren't in any way seeing a representative sample of the US suit-wearing population, circa 2015. Since more men don't wear tie bars, than do wear them. And bow ties account for only a very modest percentage of ties worn.

Of course, much of this does vary somewhat with age, location, and industry.
post #32076 of 33197

 

 

Found this today.  Here are the 2 inside labels.  Does "estrato by Trabaldo Togna" signify anything of importance?

post #32077 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos343 View Post
 

With what shirt I could match a vest which is gray in the front and black on the back? I would consider black as the only option.

post #32078 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos343 View Post
 


White

post #32079 of 33197

Thank you for the answer. Wouldn't be a distraction from the gray though?

post #32080 of 33197

That's just the kind of wool and the maker of the wool that the suit is made out of. Honestly, I don't know much about that maker, but with Brooks Brothers, the wool your looking for is either Saxxon or Loro Piana. Those are the top of the line for them. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by HermesSeeker View Post
 

 

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)

 

 

 

Found this today.  Here are the 2 inside labels.  Does "estrato by Trabaldo Togna" signify anything of importance?

post #32081 of 33197
The Thrifting thread is a trove of knowledge and information on these sort of things / guidance on whether thrift items are worth purchasing.
post #32082 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konstantinos343 View Post

Thank you for the answer. Wouldn't be a distraction from the gray though?

No.
post #32083 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345Michael54321 View Post


If you say it was so, I believe you. But I'd also note that you weren't in any way seeing a representative sample of the US suit-wearing population, circa 2015. Since more men don't wear tie bars, than do wear them. And bow ties account for only a very modest percentage of ties worn.

Of course, much of this does vary somewhat with age, location, and industry.

 

 

I wouldn't call this a Randomized Control Trial with the benefit of a multi-center population approach, but between the interviews and weddings, I did log probably 30+ occasions in total. 

 

I'd call this the "under 30" demographic. In the weddings, there were people ranging from tech to law to medicine who partook in the argyle/gingham/walnut/tiebar look. Their outfits usually garner the most attention as well. 

post #32084 of 33197
Yes, the argyle / gingham / walnut / tiebar combo does scream "entry-level peacock".
post #32085 of 33197
Quote:
Originally Posted by breakaway01 View Post

Looks like it fits you quite well. Shoulder/yoke width looks good and cut is slim without being too tight. Actually one of the best fitting shirts that I can recall seeing on you. No idea about durability. 

Edit: one thing is that the sleeves may be slightly short on you, especially if there is shrinkage after washing. The body fits well.

Thanks ever so much! I think I will go out and buy about 5 shirts from H&M as I'm about to start a new job. Do you think the shirt fits me well in the back? Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Classic Menswear
Styleforum › Forums › Men's Style › Classic Menswear › Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)